What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TH Seeds "SAGE" smoke report

Buddle

Veteran
I was gifted a Sage cut last spring. her leaves are thinner than the cuts shown previously in this thread. I would describe her smell as catpiss x grapefruit x afghani..I also run BCSC Afghan Dream and the afghan tastes comes through nicely in the Sage..She tastes just like she smells too which is bliss.

Echronomyseeds

Ya @sailor jerry , the earthy sandlewood phenos are the most common with the more sativa phenos . If you find the indica phenos you'll get nasty mango skunk smells from the afghan

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Cool. Good information.

Here is a recently harvested Sativa leaning pheno:

picture.php

Another bud a little earlier before harvest:

picture.php

More:

picture.php

picture.php

I like this cut. I've kept it for maybe 4 years now.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I made a cross with SAGE and found a male with the very pungent sweet and piney SAGE aroma. I made seeds, and will grow some out this summer. It should ripen early enough for outside.
picture.php

:dance013:
ThaiBliss

St. Phatty

I got one of the seeds as a freebie.

AWESOME. Fun to grow. :woohoo:

TH I think calls SAGE "Sativa Afghani Growth Experiment".

Somatek

I got one of the seeds as a freebie.

AWESOME. Fun to grow. :woohoo:

TH I think calls SAGE "Sativa Afghani Growth Experiment".

Close, it stands for "sativa afghani genetic equilibrium", the right pheno is great and I found it had really good resistance to PM.

Cannavore

Veteran
Greetings,

I made a cross with SAGE and found a male with the very pungent sweet and piney SAGE aroma. I made seeds, and will grow some out this summer. It should ripen early enough for outside.
View Image

:dance013:
ThaiBliss

good to see you still playing with sage, bro! he looks great

Breadwizard

Man, I've been on the search for as close to BSHW as I can find, does the new stock throw sat leaning BSHW phenos often? Or would I have to do a lot of digging? I'd settle for a cutting, but I've been unable to source one either :-(

therevverend

Veteran
Sage is such a nice strain I need to look through some old seeds, see if I've still got some. Then see if I can get the old seeds to sprout. Nice to see Thai Bliss still has it, a dead ringer for the cut I had eight years ago.

Does anyone know if TH's version is the real deal? Be nice if it was but you never know. I'd be curious if anyone has picked up a pack in the last year or two.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
He talks about SAGE and bshw @16:34 w/kagyu from coastal seeds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB5Def_ueeM

Adam Dunn with heavy dayze on the 'potcast'

https://soundcloud.com/user-928350579-16614181/episode-18-ft-adam-dunn-of-tads-th-seeds-hoodlamb
Thanks for the links. I listened to the potcast. The audio in the first was not good enough for me. There was some good breeding nuggets, but mostly I was disappointed with the long conversation. It was almost all about Kush, Diesel, OG, breeding for aroma, taste, vigor, looks. But when they got down to brass tacks, Adam reveals some truths about the highs and his desires to try the genetics of his elders. He believes the reports of the great weed from Thailand, Laos, Cambodia. He smoked some purple Thai from back in the early days, and remembers it fondly as one of the best of all time. Of his accomplishments, he always comes back to SAGE for it's cerebral high. SAGE has just enough of cerebral traits to bring back fond memories of the old great strains, that are so hard to find these days. SAGE is good weed.

herbgreen

Veteran
Yeah, that audio is bad first couple minute but normalizes right away good listen @16:34 is when he gets into it about the sage & bigsurholyweed

That sound is terrible untill about 6:30 then gets better

basically i dug it up because it answers the question about SAGE maintaining its quality....sounds like it has

Yeah, its good to know he still works with it and it can be had over SHN

Its worth growing and quality to be found in it....

I like that the BSHW in sage is old and is more or less snap shot saved in there as well as the Afghani I get the feeling its is an old one

Somatek

I grew it years ago and pick up 2 packs last year when it was clear my back problems were more then a minor issue. The combination of cerebral effects, good yields and hardy plants is irresistible. I should be growing them soon enough, just waiting for the new DG license to arrive and bump my plant numbers up.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Listened to the other podcast. It was interesting. More and more respect for Adam.
Thanks again for the links.