What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Senator Booker Introduces Bill To Legalize Marijuana Nationwide WASHINGTON, D.C.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There was a great movie with James baluci called the Palermo Connection. He runs for mayor of NYC on a ticket to legalize drugs as in his campaign. While in Sicily on his honeymoon he is set up for a murder which will result in him losing the election. He then meets the head of the mafia who explains to him that if he gives up his quest to legalize drugs and signs on to a new drug "rehab" that the charges will be overturned and he will become the mayor. There's more but I don't want to blow it for anyone who finds this movie which I can't find anywhere ( not in English anyway ). If you can locate it please let me know. The Palermo connection
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Palermo_Connection
Carmine Bonavia is elected mayor of New York City on the issue of drug legalization. After the election, he gets married and travels to his ancestral home of Sicily, for the honeymoon. In the hotel in Palermo he meets a Sicilian prince who has been confined there for years because he crossed the mafia. He discovers the beauties of the Italian island but is also framed by men of power, for a crime he did not commit. He discovers that those men will stop at nothing to prevent the legalization of drugs, which threatens their business, and is forced to decide between joining them or going to prison.

Space Toker

Veteran
ah PDX you reak so much of Trump caveman it isn't funny, maybe you have a point don't think so but in all fairness I don't know and no shape to check now so can't take any more than a preliminary stand right now... I don't know all the details of his past or well, there are a lot of jeckylls and hydes in the govt but this one suggests nationwide legalization, hey maybe some still have the market going their way and know how to work the grey areas.. as for me, I have some acres, not many but enough maybe, to make outdoor work but all I know is the big commercial guys that seem to have it handed to them and are doctors and lawyers and other rich f'ks that dont need the money and are greedy seem to be benifitting dissproportionatley as long as you favor the enclosed and locked down you seem to favor fossil fuel intensive indoor grows and rich with warehouses and legalization should happen but should be based on good for the less fortunate first... Booker I know nothing about him fair enough I got to search but what I heard was very promising and full fed legalization sounds good to me after all these years of misery so unless there is some severe flaw I support it, and screw minor shit, just the same I should research but we got where we got by taking one step at a time and I suggest we continue taking that path to victory.

eyes

Veteran
These legislatures care a rats-ass about legalization.. their intentions are nothing more than a ploy to collect tax dollars for increasing insovent country that has been broke for years. They'd be whistling a different tune if the budget was balanced again. I gather the 500 mill that colorado collected in revenue may have been influential with this bill introduction.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

Veteran
hey guys watch this video. corporate whore booker is doing this so his donors can buy up cannabis companies.

https://youtu.be/y4DE9fnPqpA

start it from the 3 minute mark for the relevant information

So what? The important question is- Would legalization be better or worse than the current situation for tens of millions of Americans who use it? For the American public in general?

If "Better" is the correct answer then Booker's motivations are immaterial. At worst he's doing the right thing for the wrong reasons.

Copping an attitude seems self defeating.

Gry

If there is no money behind it, it does not happen in DC. We need shit loads of 'bookers' with big money backers.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
This guy was 2 months old when I was taking my first tokes of hash.
His political experience before being elected as a U.S. Senator from N.J. is that he was Mayor of Newark, N.J. (A cesspool if I ever saw one)

I'll bet a pound of my best personal stash that this guy is fishing for votes.
Until I learn otherwise, I'll assume that the legalization he seeks is to benefit his moneyed backers, and not the legalization most of us tokers would like to see..

oldchuck

Veteran
Of course Booker is fishing for votes, future votes. The current Congress doesn't matter. Of course he is an ambitious politician. That is not a bad thing. In fact that is an inevitable thing if you accept the idea of democracy as we have come to practice it. Politicians only get elected when they advocate the things most people think they want.. Booker is betting, and I think correctly, that weed is a good bet with voters in a national election in 2020.

Jhhnn

Veteran
This guy was 2 months old when I was taking my first tokes of hash.
His political experience before being elected as a U.S. Senator from N.J. is that he was Mayor of Newark, N.J. (A cesspool if I ever saw one)

I'll bet a pound of my best personal stash that this guy is fishing for votes.
Until I learn otherwise, I'll assume that the legalization he seeks is to benefit his moneyed backers, and not the legalization most of us tokers would like to see..

He's mostly been on the right side of the WoD for years-

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Cory_Booker_Drugs.htm

https://www.facebook.com/corybooker/videos/10157111094132228/

I have trouble seeing him as one of the bad guys.

Space Toker

Veteran
Hey great comeback pDX! don't know what you or I said and not feeling able to do big research right now but that does sound like a good name for a strain you got me there! ;)