What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oakland Warehouse busted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is all the info I can find about it. If you find more info please post it here... How many times do we have to say get that odor under control. It kind of piss me off that people still dont take this seriously. If you can smell it so can everyone else.

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Two people are under arrest following a major pot bust in Oakland.

Police say they found a sophisticated set-up inside the building on Roland Way.
There were 700 plants and about 20 to 30 pounds of finished product that were seized along with about $40,000 in cash.
The illegal grow operation was discovered after a neighbor complained about the smell coming from the building.

S

SeaMaiden

That's not the American Bldg, is it? If so, that took a long time to go down.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh look this won was approved. I forgot about this one. Im still having difficulties getting any real facts about this bust. Really strange that there is no reports on it but 1.

PNW_grown

Veteran
Well if you aren't 100% on your facts/details, then why did you title it the way you did on the other site?

Black Elf

Someone who grows 700 plants deserves to get busted.

It jeopardizes hundreds of thousands of people who grow for their (and few others in some cases) private medical or recreational needs.

YMMV.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uhhh have to disagree..I'm going to be managing a very large LEGAL grow op in Big Sur for 4 different dispo's and delivery services, a LOT of people would not be getting their medicine without this legal operation so having a large grow is not necessarily a BAD thing.

miscbrah3284

Veteran
Uhhh have to disagree..I'm going to be managing a very large LEGAL grow op in Big Sur for 4 different dispo's and delivery services, a LOT of people would not be getting their medicine without this legal operation so having a large grow is not necessarily a BAD thing.

love camping big sur man....so pretty down there

Black Elf

Well megayields, I am not too aware of the legal limits, as I'm not from US, but it sure sounds like a lot of pot for two people to run. For me it sounds like a proper mafia style drug lab op. Quick grow, quick cash... But if it was legit, why did they bust it? Smells fishy..

Black Elf

Even after reading this:
Oakland
Indoors - 72 plants in maximum 32 sq. ft growing area. Outdoors - 20 plants, no area limit. Weight limit 3 lbs dried marijuana per patient. Collective gardens limited to 3 patients. Dispensaries serving four or more patients are allowed max. 6 mature and 12 immature plants and 1/2 pound per patient. See Oakland Municipal Code 5.81.101

it doesn't really add up. What am I missing here?

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
^You're missing the fact a lot of small time growers, grow for big dispensaries. Legally.

I have 500 patients under my rec, so you can take 72 x 500 and you still think 700 is a lot? Plus 700 is the total, that could easily be 500 clones, 100 in veg and 100 in flower? You don't know so you shouldn't pass judgement.

Also the more important fact you are missing is SB420 the guidelines and limitations on mmj you quoted got thrown out last year and currently 99 is the red flag number. You can not say how much one person needs, nor how much they can grow especially if they maybe doing it for others. There's so many reasons why you can't have a black and white number count, but maybe if you came out of your closet grow you would realize some people do bigger things; without mafioso tendencies.

"Someone who grows 700 plants deserves to get busted."
^That's one of the stupider things I've read on here and that's saying a lot since this is a weed website full of stoners.

Black Elf

Well live and learn, right? I have an european pov on the amount of plants one can legally grow, and have been under the impression... well a wrong impression obviously.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well if you aren't 100% on your facts/details, then why did you title it the way you did on the other site?

Its called finding out the facts. This thread was posted before the other one. We do know the facts now dont we. whats the point of yuor post. As the info flows in we lean more about it dont we. Are you saying this is not Kens dispensary? If thats the case I would be the first to remove my post. You work for them so why dont you just clear it up right now..You can put the hole fishy thing to bed......

To make you feel better I renamed it the same as this thread.. You feel all wrm and fuzzy inside now lol...

Bit of a condescending holy tone to even make the thread man...

Busts happen everyday, you're in CA dammit. 700 doesn't raise eyebrows.

Now you have the amusing sense of appallment at this whole situation. Oh lack of info, detective digging lol.

You know your intentions.

Now back to you, reporting live.

baf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts