What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cali Breeders Union

Captain Stikky

We are industry workers.Dont fool yourself.Sometimes most of us don’t get a day off and when it comes to the federal gov. No 401k no retirement plan or benefits.Seems like those days may soon come to an end if things keep going in the recreational direction where the cannabis industry becomes a regular place to get a job or start a company of your own.As a breeder myself i have single handedly supported 100’s of breeders from the UK and California,and have seen seedcompanies explode 50 fold as well as concentrate pen and edible companies.Iam currently under way in developing the necessary avenues to approach this idea.We who work very hard deserve the same acknowledgment as any other profession or industry and we bleed just like everyone else.

Crazy Chester

I'm on Dark Heart Nursery's email list. It recently sent a blog article about small growers collaborating. I thought it was excellent and is worth a read. Here's a link to it:

https://darkheartnursery.com/news/were-rooting-for-you/

The one thing they don't address is the start-up cost for new growers. Leaving aside state licensing fees, San Francisco requires over $16,000 in fees to just get them to look at your local licensing application. How does a small grower afford that?

Also, as to breeding, how is California not now a closed loop of genetics? Due to the definition of "cannabis" including seeds and clones, how can anyone acquiring genetics from outside California not be charged with illegal possession?

Crazy Chester

Not in California. "Cannabis" is defined as what you would think it would be, with this at the end of the definition, "including the seeds thereof."

What that means, is under the new system, you can be charged with possession for buying and possessing the seeds from seed banks that are not licensed California nurseries.

Green Birth

Got my work ahead of me and thankfully laying down on the solution in Life.
Looking to help out the poor and ugly find PEace.
Great work ahead for me.

I have train wreck testers.

Got kush? I'm happy.

Yall wanna send some seeds to MN ��,but really breeders do deserve more recognition than what they get, all these dispensaries wouldn't have anything great if breeders didnt take the time to make a quality strain. I love you all thanks for the hard work.

Green Birth

Way out there? Holy cow, you should of messaged me earlier.

I just got done getting rid of the last hundred. Really sorry.

I have a special outdoor strain that needs work..adk gold.
Smoked it a while ago and lost the seeds due to immaturity but luckily I have a friend.

All out.