What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CO2 cotrollers which work!!!!!!!

snadge

I am in UK and have a CHHC-1, no digital ballasts, I set my A/C to min/17 deg C and my Dehumidifier to max and my heater to max, the CHHC-1 turns these on and off as required, I also have my A/C coming of a seperate breaker in my room consumer unit controlled through a contactor in the consumer unit which is switched by the CHHC-1.

hope this helps, it works perfect

growshopfrank

Veteran
I've never seen in any of the manuals but co2 sniffers get flaky in intense light(might be something about the infrared sensor). Try to shade them a little and they might work better. Just my 2 cents.

OgreSeeker

I'll say it again...this is why Digi ballasts suck. Who knows what the next problem is going to be! If it ain't one thing with these digis it's another.
I've heard good things about CAP and even better things about Sentinel. I've been using the Green Air CD-6 generator and CDMC-6 controller/monitor system for a long time with zero problems (I use magnetic ballasts).
I heard alot of bad stuff about Green Air so my next buy will probably be with a different manufacturer even though my GA unit works flawlessly.

I emailed Green Air to confirm the "out of business" rumor. I will report back when they respond.

Rushdog86

OK SINCE ILL BE THE 4th PERSON ASKING ILL DO IT IN CAPITALS!!! WHAT CORRELATION DO DIGITAL BALLASTS AND THE PPM-3 HAVE TO EACH OTHER AND ONE CAUSING THE OTHER NOT TO WORK. IM VERY INTRIGUED AS I HAVE ONE OF EACH!!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS WELL AS THE OTHER 4 PPL THAT ASKED.

THANK YOU!!

P

Purple_trees

BUMP.... As i have one of each too, i would like to know how far we need to keep the digi ballasts away from the ppm-3.. Any help would be great! thanks

dusto2k3

I have CHHC-1 and i find that it works great. I have 3x1000 digis and i have the unit five feet from them and it is working fine. But since i bought the unit, i have a digi dehumid and a digi AC, so i dont even plug those into the unit, they just run themselves...the AC is on a timer so it goes off at "night", and it is ok because it has a memory that kicks it back on at the preset temp. Dehumid is digi too, so that doesnt need to be plugged in either...just works when it needs to.

globel

so is it the ballast that mess with the ppm-3 or the hole cable coming from the ballast to the lamp? I have my ballast in my garage under my grow and there about 15 feet down through the floor and in some cabinets. Do you think they might mess with my ppm-3? I am picking one up on craigslist for 200$!!

B

BlueberryNutz

i dont wanna sound like a cheap ass lol, but is there a good environmental controller that can be used with digi's that isnt really expensive. and can the cap's be used if they are kep far away form the ballasts?

why do the ballasts mess with the controllers?

B

BlueberryNutz

are all sentinel products usable with digi's? i just need something simple for my 4x4x8 room. either and evc1 or evc2

ooga booga

I got a CHHC-1 a little while ago (the CHHC-1 is basically a CPPM-1 and EVC-2 combined), but since my room isn't yet running I loaned it to an interested friend to try out. He likes it very much and chose to keep it, so I got another one today along with a C.A.P. REG-1 bottle regulator / solenoid. I've read & heard bad things about Hydrofarm's regulator / solenoid. Magnetic ballasts, though.

ooga booga

PonicalChillin said:
BUT.. can the thing really do all of the above. Is it rated for that power? Both my AC and Dehumidifier pull quite a bit of amps. Said it has something about 30amp relays in it, but what does that mean? Will I have to run a seperate 10/3 or something to this unit?

EDIT - when it comes to the CHHC-1. Does it work with digital (newer) window ACs and Dehumidifiers? Can you sent the AC to the coldest setting and the Dehumidifer to its dryest setting to ensure that they say on unless the CHHC-1 says otherwise?
I don't remember seeing or reading anything about 30A relays... only 15A max @ 120V. To power higher amperage A/C's and dehumi's, you'll need to run them off of a trigger switch / relay from a different circuit.

dusto2k3 said:
I have CHHC-1 and i find that it works great. I have 3x1000 digis and i have the unit five feet from them and it is working fine. But since i bought the unit, i have a digi dehumid and a digi AC, so i dont even plug those into the unit, they just run themselves...the AC is on a timer so it goes off at "night", and it is ok because it has a memory that kicks it back on at the preset temp. Dehumid is digi too, so that doesnt need to be plugged in either...just works when it needs to.

So is the consensus that all the extra controls of the CHHC-1 are useless if you have digital ac and humidifier? Better to purchase a straight C02 controller? Have you tried running the digital ac and dehumidifier off the ChhC-1 or does the instructions say not to?