What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

Hecke

Hey hanfomat, thank you for your response! Then I would like to remain optimistic and hope that at least the female offspring will be without hemaphroditic characteristics.

mfkinkz

image.jpg
DC9E9778-966B-46F3-815F-6C3A4F697F08.jpeg
B292A178-1060-4018-BC3E-E4D30646E887.jpeg

Tried my best with this Nepal Jam I got from Ace Fem Mix pack (2021). 😮‍💨 First time growing and would love to run it back. She smells lovely. Some beginner’s errors, but it’s all about gaining experience. Advice for next grow?

Harvest time for my Nepal-Jam. I chopped them at week 9 of flowering. The terpene profile is very difficult to pinpoint. The aroma is very muted and intense at the same time. I pick up sweetness and tropical fruit along with lots of aromas I am not able to identify. Overall very pleasant. The buds are very resinous and fairly dense. I am excited to see how this comes out!!

nepal-jam_harvest1.jpg
nepal-jam_harvest2.jpg
nepal-jam_harvest3.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
View attachment 18973987

Hello everybody,

I grow right now a few Nepal Jam´s indoor. I have used 10 seeds, 8 of them has germinated. Because it´s a stabilized hybrid and you guys from ACE Seeds recommended it, I will produce some new seeds for personal use by crossing a NJ male with some selected NJ females. The problem is now, that only one of the plants is a male, the seven others are female...so for growing proposes it´s a good result, but not for breeding.
The next problem is, that the only male also shows some female flowers at the top of the branches. So it´s more hermaphrodite than the pure male. Because I have no other male, I have used now the pollen from the hermaphrodite.
What do you think about that?

How high is the risk, that the future plants from the new seeds I breed right now, will be also show some hermaphrodite behaviours?

How is your female/male rate using NJ from ACE Seeds?

Sorry to hear about the hermie male @Hecke 😕 did you move it to another place, changing conditions, or did it remain in the same place until it produced pistils ?

Avoid making seeds from parent plants prone to hermaphroditism. The female/male ratio in regular seeds also depends on the environment until they reach sexual maturity.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your harvest @UrbanGardner ☺️ i like a lot the look of the flowers finishing, and grow finished quite good and uniform in size despite the initial problems, well done! Please, keep us updated with your insights on your 4 girls once you are more familiarized with the strain and each female.