What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AutoMalawi x NL and hazes

orfeas

Veteran
This 22-day old seedling would be fine alright, were it a reg/photo one... at 16 cm now bearing three nodes, I've got no clue whatsoever as to its growing pace...
Does it have 2-3 more weeks before it switches? Will it gain some decent height/volume till then?

April weather's been lovely with the only downside being them bloody night temps...but the days, ah, they're just glorious...and the Aegean coast even more...

:tiphat:orfeas

P.S. someone must be eating dust :laughing:

Attachments

• P1100282.jpg
    P1100282.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 17
  • P1100283.jpg
    P1100283.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 18
  • P1100284.jpg
    P1100284.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 17

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Still a foot of snow on the ground in my part of the world. I'm 4 weeks from germination yet. Glad to see all of you getting started. Peace

Ksaderfo

This 22-day old seedling would be fine alright, were it a reg/photo one... at 16 cm now bearing three nodes, I've got no clue whatsoever as to its growing pace...
Does it have 2-3 more weeks before it switches? Will it gain some decent height/volume till then?

April weather's been lovely with the only downside being them bloody night temps...but the days, ah, they're just glorious...and the Aegean coast even more...

:tiphat :eek:rfeas

P.S. someone must be eating dust : laughing:

It will grow alot more probably... Don't freak out about the 8-10 weeks guideline too much... It's not like it's gonna explode after 10 weeks.. But it will display sex pretty soon le me thinks..

I fed mine some Synth-Bloom-NOW and now it's into flowering.. Unfortunately it turned into a tits and dicks monster... :laughing:

It's doing great... I bet the root tip is already touching the bottom of the 25l fabric... Just when le me was transplanting it, it was still underground so when it emerged from the ground it formed a purple spot on the stem... freaking out a bit if it was stress but it could be genetics.. or normal.. anyway it's doing great..

btw for vegging I was gonna use fish mix that time? You agreez? Aparently it's a bit stronger then Bio Grow but... Does it buffer the pH like bio grow? Any info on that?

Lol I will never get rid of that bush weed ... this one survived all winter.. it probably thinks it's fall now... time ticking backwards... :biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

AdventurousUnitedLark-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

orfeas

Veteran
Still a foot of snow on the ground in my part of the world. I'm 4 weeks from germination yet. Glad to see all of you getting started. Peace

a foot of snow, eh? Well, old chap, you're far away from the coast, be it Aegean or Pacific... :)
April is a blessing around here, the poet's muse, clad in tantalizing aromas coming from all sorts of blossoms...yet quite hectic battling with aphids and pine/black caterpillars and PM on my vine...
and sprouting reg seeds adds to the toil...
5 out of 5 my Kalamata beans have broken ground giving me hopes for a good male to matchmake with Ace hazes... :) and while Kalamata doesn't literally belong here, preservation is certainly the case ...hence the upload...

It will grow alot more probably... Don't freak out about the 8-10 weeks guideline too much... It's not like it's gonna explode after 10 weeks.. But it will display sex pretty soon le me thinks..

no freaking out there, mate! Guidelines I have often breached without having to pay for it... :biggrin: time will tell...

Attachments

• P1100291.jpg
    P1100291.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 14

Ksaderfo

a foot of snow, eh? Well, old chap, you're far away from the coast, be it Aegean or Pacific... :)
April is a blessing around here, the poet's muse, clad in tantalizing aromas coming from all sorts of blossoms...yet quite hectic battling with aphids and pine/black caterpillars and PM on my vine...
and sprouting reg seeds adds to the toil...
5 out of 5 my Kalamata beans have broken ground giving me hopes for a good male to matchmake with Ace hazes... :) and while Kalamata doesn't literally belong here, preservation is certainly the case ...hence the upload...

no freaking out there, mate! Guidelines I have often breached without having to pay for it... : biggrin: time will tell...

:tiphat :eek:rfeas

Are you gonna cross Haze with Kalamata...? Are you one of them Globalization ppl?? :biggrin:

By the way I found out (the hard way) that these plastic squishy pots are probably da best for planting hatched seeds... Not too small, kinda warm, and the root doesn't pop out too easy.. easy to transplant later too.. Just sharing my thoughts.. :biggrin:

How you ganna call it? :biggrin:

Here's some suggestions:

-The Malaka from Kalamata
-Kalamata Haze (aka χεζω την Καλαματα - true story - επαθα δηλητηριαση στην Καλαματα απο το κεμπαμπ λαχανικων της γκομενας)
-Malaka-Kalamata Haze
-Can't do Haze as a first synthetic for ehmm... "Logic"? (rotflmao) So...
Malaka Haze?? There are alot of malakes though.. you ganna probably have a hard time registering that...

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Kalamata sounds very interesting, I wish you the best. Peace

Kaskadian

Veteran
Orfeas, looking good brudduh! I'm curious about how the Auto Malawi x NL works out, I'm hoping it leans Malawi for you but NL is no slouch either; should definitely be some potent smoke.

I don't know much about Kalamata but that's some seriously exciting stuff! Keep us up to date my friend. Cheers!

orfeas

Veteran
Are you gonna cross Haze with Kalamata...? Are you one of them Globalization ppl??
How you ganna call it? :biggrin:

Here's some suggestions:

-The Malaka from Kalamata
-Kalamata Haze (aka χεζω την Καλαματα - true story - επαθα δηλητηριαση στην Καλαματα απο το κεμπαμπ λαχανικων της γκομενας)
-Malaka-Kalamata Haze
-Can't do Haze as a first synthetic for ehmm... "Logic"? (rotflmao) So...
Malaka Haze?? There are alot of malakes though.. you ganna probably have a hard time registering that...

Derision is definitely not the way to go at this legentary cultivar!
As for godfather, thanks, I'd better send for F.F. Coppola... :moon:

Kalamata sounds very interesting, I wish you the best. Peace
Thanks heaps, mate! Bloody interesting, isn't it?
:tiphat:

Orfeas, looking good brudduh! I'm curious about how the Auto Malawi x NL works out, I'm hoping it leans Malawi for you but NL is no slouch either; should definitely be some potent smoke.

I don't know much about Kalamata but that's some seriously exciting stuff! Keep us up to date my friend. Cheers!

Aye, mate! Any progeny expression would be welcome, no experience with NL whatsoever... dead curious about the outcome...
gonna give them their first sulphur/BM shower later today for humidity's been high lately and myceliums are up and about... :biggrin:

orfeas

Veteran
Disclaimer

Disclaimer

By no means do I claim to hold "original" K beans!
It's just the source I trust to have acquired it from an old fart down in Peloponnese...autopsy will tell ...

Consolidated

420giveaway
Goodmorning for all.
Orfeas if my memory serves me well you planted some Kalamata's beans (1 or 2) last summer.
Have you find the outcome interested? And if those beans are from the same "old fart" ?
I wish you the best of luck and I am really curious about the final outcome. :ying::thank you::ying:

orfeas

Veteran
Goodmorning for all.
Orfeas if my memory serves me well you planted some Kalamata's beans (1 or 2) last summer.
Have you find the outcome interested? And if those beans are from the same "old fart" ?
I wish you the best of luck and I am really curious about the final outcome.
mornin' Conso!
you do remember well, but not very well! :)
the ones I grew out last season were a Kalamata cross fem the source had made using a Kalamata male...the plant grew nicely, trouble free all the way...yet, she did not deliver the anticipated high...see what these "pure" ones have to say...
the future irony will be us greeks bying Kalamata seeds from dubi the spaniard ... there's always an Ephialtes, you know... :biggrin:

Thanks!

Ksaderfo

the future irony will be us greeks bying Kalamata seeds from dubi the spaniard ... there's always an Ephialtes, you know... : biggrin:

Thanks!

: tiphat:eek:rfeas

I'm telling you, they're planning to take over our potfarms, turn them into a Luna Park and they are gonna make us push the Rides!! :biggrin:

I had a GF called Luna once.. I think she was crossed with Dog.. :biggrin:

Did these original Kalamata go Seedy by them selfs like a "true" kalamata? Did it smell like a Football Stadium? :biggrin:

Are you gonna LST the Auto?

orfeas

Veteran
PH x M

PH x M

Well, folks, the second batch of 5 regulars, PH x M that is, broke dirt a couple of days ago with the last of the litter playing up but eventually obliged...going up real fast unlike the kalamata ones that keep a low profile...
On a side note, my Automalawis are no more...had I lived in Cannaland, I'd certainly have had me hands sawn off straight away...malaka me... :fsu: I overestimated their tolerance to the sulphur/BM spray...
and on I am with another two in the water...for two days now...reluctant to germ I reckon...but they will... :)

Attachments

• P1100292.jpg
    P1100292.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 12
  • P1100293.JPG
    P1100293.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 18

Buddler

Veteran
Orfeas i found your new thread very nice .Tough shells on the autos eh dont wanna crack for ya do you ever try scuffing up the seam on the seed ,i had some i thought were done and then i scuffed and they opened up.well i got ya subscribed now so i can come around and watch you do your thang..no more sulpher on those babies hey!:biggrin: B

orfeas

Veteran
Orfeas i found your new thread very nice .Tough shells on the autos eh dont wanna crack for ya do you ever try scuffing up the seam on the seed ,i had some i thought were done and then i scuffed and they opened up.well i got ya subscribed now so i can come around and watch you do your thang..no more sulpher on those babies hey!:biggrin: B

G' day, mate! Thanks heaps!
Scuffing was what I treated the small PH x M that was being capricious ... as for the autos, they must have overheard us talking about scuffing and this morning both had their clits jutting out, so off they sprang into the big pots where the "passed away" were... :)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Orfeas , I enjoy the way you articulate your journey. You bring a breath of fresh air to growing. Peace brother

Last edited:

Buddler

Veteran
G' day, mate! Thanks heaps!
Scuffing was what I treated the small PH x M that was being capricious ... as for the autos, they must have overheard us talking about scuffing and this morning both had their clits jutting out, so off they sprang into the big pots where the "passed away" were... :)

:laughing: Your a card orf ..I had a good chuckle.:bigeye:

Spaventa

Veteran
Hi orfeas, I'm interested to watch this - I want to try autos outdoors here in England and these are the kind of strains I want to try - auto haze hybrids.
Maybe next year for me so this is good research :) I wish you all the best this season.

orfeas

Veteran
Orfeas , I enjoy the way you articulate your journey. You bring a breath of fresh air to growing. Peace brother
Aye, the journey! That's where it's at, mate!
I feel flattered and real glad you fancy my posts...gotta keep it up... :) needless to say I in turn relish the way you proceed growing and I never miss a post of yours... reciprocation... :)

:laughing: Your a card orf ..I had a good chuckle.
Hey, ole chap, thanks heaps!
Remember, "a laughter will bury us all" :biggrin:

Hi orfeas, I'm interested to watch this - I want to try autos outdoors here in England and these are the kind of strains I want to try - auto haze hybrids.
Maybe next year for me so this is good research ..I wish you all the best this season.

Hi, Spaventa! I've been enticed by the prospect of a late July-early August harvest and hence my go at this reportedly worthy cross...
I'm keen on your attempt with the particular haze crosses and I meself will pop them beans come May...I would have popped them already but I have no desire whatsoever to end up with beasts for I am under a serious height restriction ...Tah for the vibes!

Have a nice weekend you folks!

Ksaderfo

Well all is going well here..

Which pheno did I get? :biggrin: too early? :biggrin:

PS it likes fish :biggrin:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180426_152619.jpg
    20180426_152619.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts