What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who's all been breeding their own autos?

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
tried autos when they first came out lowrider i think it was. they have come along way i seen some monster autos might be trying some tester outdoor this year

dendrophilly

Got the best of the bunch choosen and its ready to shine on. My bloody skunk cross i posted a page or two ago..

Attachments

• 20190403_035157.jpg
    20190403_035157.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 52

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I crossed "Tsue" (20% CBD 8-9% THC Canna-Tsu cutting) with a Tokarev T3 from Afterthought Autos, but root aphids stopped the seeds from forming. I fully plan on doing it again, aphid-free this time, I'm seriously impressed with the genetics.

Small pot, 400w hps, 3yr old happy frog soil (stored outdoor and pasteurized before use), pollinated aaaand root aphids, and she still pumped out 17+ grams of trimmed flowers. My hat goes off to Afterthought Autos, thank you very much! :tiphat:

Here's a shot before harvest, and I'll post up the flowers on a scale when I get the photo off my camera. :)

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
My cab is full of a bunch of seeded feminized autos. The "male" is Sugar Black Rose by Delicious seeds. The females are two each of Dark Devil F2 (Mr.Sparkle), Red Poison (Sweet Seeds), Alaskan Purple (Seedsman) and Ghost Toof (Mephisto).
picture.php

angelgoob

We're doing the dang thing.

Good job on the purple. I don't care what people say. It adds to the experience.

Mephisto? Potency and yield. mmmgood.

I'm still alive. I've created a bunch of seeds again. Next run is fem just to give to people.

I worked it into better than the original. The males are super easy to pick from because of how much some smell.

This generation got me higher. A few friends said it's making them too excited. And that was seeded bud too. LOL So it's just a good stone for me. I love it.

Reason I mention that is because I thought this strain would be good for headaches. It still is, but the high is so much more there. Let's see how much it sticks next generation. I have older seeds of the same kind. I'm making two competing lines. They better compete. At the end they are to be combined. I need UV to breed how I want. Gotta keep the oils up!

I found out another thing. Nettle tea works great I've been told, but so does peppermint. Few sprits of peppermint tea on top of soil. Water. You'll have just weird giant seedlings in no time. I'm about to get some tomorrow. I only have 3 going right now. That's all I had left from the older stuff. I have a BUNCH of seeds atleast to me to work with. 80 seeds. I pollinated early. Next time I'm getting like 5 times the amount of seed I think. Just judging by the hairs that DID come out after pollination. And I got so much bud too. Maybe I'll post some bud shots tomorrow of my working of the strain SourAK and some seed pics.

By the way. My seeds are more than 1/4 inch diameter. :)

Mr Jay

Veteran
The size of your seeds doesn't mean a thing.

Here we are a year later and all you've done is run your mouth with absolutely no pictures.

Where are your results?

You have none.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The size of your seeds doesn't mean a thing.

Here we are a year later and all you've done is run your mouth with absolutely no pictures.

Where are your results?

You have none.

Yep, waiting on bated breath. ;o)
And true, seed size...less pollen, usually larger the seed. If heavily pollinated, smaller seeds. Genetics are a determinant, too.

Last edited:

dendrophilly

Its only been a month of flower and i was about to harvest but im going to give this round another 2 weeks to finish up. I cooked them off a bit too much too soon but they have the energy to do more still.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 15579130440892022675554.jpg
    15579130440892022675554.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 62

Bobbertqp

Does any grower on here sell bulk auto seeds . looking to get my hands on bulk auto seeds ready for the Australian spring.cheers bob

Mr Jay

Veteran
Does any grower on here sell bulk auto seeds . looking to get my hands on bulk auto seeds ready for the Australian spring.cheers bob

Buy regular autos, do a 65 day seed run, never run out again.

Problem solved!

angelgoob

There ya go.

and mr Jay I just deleted all my pictures.

Anyway. I got a super smeller, so that one is bred.

And you say seed size doesn't matter? For what? You mean for establishing a seedling?

Or do you mean yield? Because I know everything about seed size now.

(I guess I have some pics I could show ya. Some beautiful males. some seeds in the bracts. pics of a bunch of seeds. I just deleted my pics. I guess I can't just say I'm doing this. I guess you have to post pics to somehow prove to strangers that you don't just lie. Apparently. I mean how could you think I'm lying? I don't get it. I really don't.)

Mr Jay

Veteran
You are a liar, and you know nothing about breeding.

We already established this, but keep tooting that horn all you want.

angelgoob

I don't know what you want me to say except you're laughable. I wasn't tooting my own horn. They were beautiful males.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I'll get my pictures somehow for ya. Show you how to breed potent autos, since you apparently...actually I don't know what you do besides complain about me, the person who started this thread. If you've posted your plants or seeds it's probably very unimportant to me. You don't pop up on my radar for anything except being a coward attacking with no proof.

Some big dog says I posted sick plants. Show me even one image. Dare ya, unless it's not important, but yet you will still complain. You have the energy to do that, but not show me my sick plant pictures. I really don't get where that comes from. Are you guys in a clique or something I don't know about? Or do you like starting rumors?

P

pongster

I don't know what you want me to say except you're laughable. I wasn't tooting my own horn. They were beautiful males.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I'll get my pictures somehow for ya. Show you how to breed potent autos, since you apparently...actually I don't know what you do besides complain about me, the person who started this thread. If you've posted your plants or seeds it's probably very unimportant to me. You don't pop up on my radar for anything except being a coward attacking with no proof.

Some big dog says I posted sick plants. Show me even one image. Dare ya, unless it's not important, but yet you will still complain. You have the energy to do that, but not show me my sick plant pictures. I really don't get where that comes from. Are you guys in a clique or something I don't know about? Or do you like starting rumors?

do you enjoy lying or impersonating someone online? this is very sad man :thank you::wave:

angelgoob

Here is a male and a seeded bud. That I grew.

Good pics, must have stole them because they're so professional. Thanks for that. I do take good pics.

I don't know what you mean about impersonating somebody. Now when I get pics to show proof you say I must be impersonating?

Please, you're doing nothing in the breeding game.

By the way pongster or whatever. Who cares. By the way is it lying OR impersonating?

Because it's like you don't even know what you're even talking about.

I mean because if you had to choose, what one would it be? Because if you knew, you could say. But you don't, so why say anything?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
You're chucking pollen, not breeding.

Maybe that word is confusing some people.

Cheers
This is the main issue at hand. An amazing number of growers create a few seeds and say "Hey... I'm breeding cannabis!" The reality is they're simply making more seeds.

Breeding consists of having goals and working toward those goals. When done correctly, this requires a lot of plants and a lot of resources put toward the selection process. Without a lot of plants, you're looking at multiple years to even partially finish a project.

So far, I've only chucked a bit of pollen and made some seeds over the last 10 years. Seeds I plan to breed and create new strains with in the future. It'll be years before I consider myself anything even remotely close to 'a cannabis breeder.' lol
:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agreed....we do 25-35 same strain, finding the best (male and female). It's not as large a sample as some do, but it's not pollen chucking either.

Takes time, effort, understanding Mendel/ Punnet. You'll get there.