What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CoCo Coir with VegaMatrix

SensiGro

Im new to this site but not new to growing. This is my first Vegamatrix nutes (by Kyle Kushman AKA Adam Orenstein) grow in coco coir. Started on Sunday, 3/13/16.

Switched out my grow buckets for 5 gallon RootMaker pots which air prune the roots so instead of a circling tap root you get a massive fibrous root system. First grow with these.
Also for the first time is the way these seeds will be germinated and grown. Using the 4 inch method by sowing the seeds in a 4 inch X 4 inch rockwool cube with the sheeting removed from the rockwool you simply water only that cube for about 2 weeks then after the seedling is 3 or 4 inches high. you start light nutes. This builds a very solid root base. You can use a humidity dome or do like I did and put them right in the bucket of coco coir from the start. As long as you keep the watering/feeding to a small area within the cube, the results are the same. You only need 2 or 3 ounces of water/nutes daily for like 2 weeks. No nutes till seedling is 4 inches tall, that's when week 1 of the feeding starts, all water till then and RO water is best.

The strains I chose:
Rare Dankness - Ghost Train Haze #1, and Scott's OG
Reserva Privada - Tangie
Humboldt Seed Organization - Lemon Kush Headband

I like a variety.
Will post pics when they pop.

SensiGro

CoCo Coir with VegaMatrix

The Scott's OG didn't pop, replaced with Baikal Express and Strawberry Sour Diesel.
Trying to post some pics, not having much luck.

SensiGro

picture.php

picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66372&pictureid=1578609
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66372&pictureid=1578610

cote

newbie to a newbie, I was told to add enough nutrients to the RO water to get an ec reading, otherwise it might be kinda harsh on the plant. RO water is very hungry for balance (nutrients), though you might not be watering it much in RWC anyways. Looking forward to how this turns out, I am wanting trying something similar. good luck!

SensiGro

My RO system has a mineral filter that adds the proper minerals back into the water.
I'll be watering/feeding daily using the chart included with the Vegamatrix kit.
ALL water in my grow room is pH'd between 5.5 and 6.5 after nutes.

SensiGro

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Added some more plants, I'm starting some to move outside in a month.

You can tell that the Lemon Kush Headband is a very fast grower! It was germinated at the same time as the Tangie & Ghost Train Haze!