What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FLORIDA CRIPPY??

FlaDankster

Veteran
Lean Green you HIT DA NAIL ON DA HEAD!

For the peeps that are only into the smokin aspect the term "crippy" is/was the common name for "quality smoke".Like ya said....da grower tells da buyer(bulk)strain names and it then turns into crippy for the rest of the market cause thats what the market knows as quality smoke.

My niece moved down here about 4 1/2 yrs ago from vermont.
When i told her it's $100 for a quarter she bout shit!When she told me she brought down some "snow" to get rid of and make a few xtra $ and asked if i'd get rid of it for her i told her only this one time,how much a g!I bout shit meself when she said $100!!!!All i could do was crack up and told her "looks like yas gonna be broke for a bit" Not in da south baby girl!

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
yup... cripy is a term for 'kind bud', in s.florida as well as in colombia.

probably the first 'cripy' plants came from high altitude hybrids grown outdoors in colombia, then exported to florida. as far as i can tell from the numerous specimens of colombian 'cripy' i have grown, is that it is a hybrids, mostly sativa but it has indica mixed in, as you can find phenotypes that are columnar and fast flowering.

i had a bunch of colombian cripi pics, of plants and dried buds attached to the branches... but cannot find them in this account, maybe in the other, but i lost my password to that one...

just found this one, grown outdoors in the tropical andes, cannot remember whether it was 2010 or 2009... there were lots of plants there but u cannot see them due to the kick ass camo :D

picture.php

the effect is great, and the aroma and taste are light incense/earth, and some phenos more fruity.

peace

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
alot people call any sensi indica kush

why?!?!?

cause the real deal kush is legendary

just cause alot of people pump the fake funk dont mean it didnt exist in the first place

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As to the KUSH, I was buying LB's of it from some boys in Brevard years before the current Kush craze started. Those nerds wouldn't give up a cut for anything, greedy bastards!!lol

Lean Green you HIT DA NAIL ON DA HEAD!

For the peeps that are only into the smokin aspect the term "crippy" is/was the common name for "quality smoke".Like ya said....da grower tells da buyer(bulk)strain names and it then turns into crippy for the rest of the market cause thats what the market knows as quality smoke.

My niece moved down here about 4 1/2 yrs ago from vermont.
When i told her it's $100 for a quarter she bout shit!When she told me she brought down some "snow" to get rid of and make a few xtra $ and asked if i'd get rid of it for her i told her only this one time,how much a g!I bout shit meself when she said $100!!!!All i could do was crack up and told her "looks like yas gonna be broke for a bit" Not in da south baby girl!
yall shoulda swaped place 100 a 1is goooooooood money

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
For me it was a term for high grade versus weed-regs and then orange or white rhino or purple something pro grown an special. like "you got anny cryp/kryp/crip" or "cable" is what it turned into amongst our circles and you'd hope for a response about it being rhino or purple haze or kush if it was on fire. I kind of considered it as step down from high high grade after getting into the really flavorful and K.O. chronic . like - 1.dirt ----- 2.regz/weed----(and then since the difference between these is about grown technique and shipping) ---3.mids ----4.crip--- and 5.**** strain (a.k.a. what ever it really was for almost certain)

If it was a specific strain black haze or pipps or columbian allow my shallow slang as good intention. I think it's beneficial to say slang type shouldn't be as it is just because of poor quality from sh8t law on transporting and growing methods.

That's what I remember exactly.

That's what I remember exactly.

:tiphat:So you was down in S. FL back in the early 90's, when the crip craze was on? Damn that shit could get pretty pricey. I had some friends that could get it. I do remember that strong piney odor though. Haven't seen any since then either.

I know I'm hella late to the party but I've been trying to find the "Crippy" that I would consistently get when I lived in Orlando around 2006-2008. I had access to it through a few guys I went to school with. Nice chunky, dense, flourescent green, super pine cone smell, great taste and a strong ass high, dark orange pistils. It felt like a holliday ever time I scored some lol. The point though is that EVERYTIME I searched for Crippy I got a batch of bud that was consistently what I described earlier. People do refer to bomb trees as Crippy which is very vague, similarly to how we used to call bomb weed "Chronic" in Cali. That could be any type of dank bud. But I'm talking about that real deal Holyfield Crippy!!!! Would love to stumble upon some of that again. Peace, from Oakland, CA.

Last edited:

Packzz

It’s a hotly debated ordeal between old school late 80s surfers, tattoo artists, the Florida triangle, and contested chem crosses with Paki landraces and Cali strains.

The Tampa cut is Tampa Crippie it’s chem 91 x Pakistani blue kush landrace somewhat like Tom hills x18.

The triangle is where it’s debated. There were Florida surfers, landrace kushs and Cali purples. Bubba was playing with the Cali strains, he’s stated that much. We know it to be Crippie x master x Cali purple kush. Granted, there was a strain prior to that, which the Tampa circle knows came prior. It involved circles all over Florida. Tampa Miami and jax but it also involved people in Daytona and ft Meyers. We’ve spoken to the other guys. We’ve had our strains verified by people who’ve won several cannabis cups and posted about it. Others who were in Florida and grew them before.

South Florida OG was also the flagship strain of sunshine state seed co 2009-2014." It was a mix up of names on the cookies. It always seemed weird to us it got tagged Florida OG. No one ever called it Florida OG. Triangle or angle. Triangle also predates our SoFLo OG by about a decade.

Flavor profile is completely different. SoFLo OG is a aniseed hashy gassy pine. Triangle is an earthy mossy gassy lime pine. Triangle is gassier than SoFLo, and SoFLo has this licorice pine scent that triangle doesn’t. Triangles nugs are denser, not many leaves and because of her age a little slower in veg. Our SoFLo f2 to ibl’s are a bit more vigorous, little leaguer and larger slightly less dense nugs."