What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mandarin Kush

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Nice plants pegasus.

Not bad hu for a freebie.

Looks like they will give you a nice overal yield.

pegasus

Nice plants pegasus.

Not bad hu for a freebie.

Looks like they will give you a nice overal yield.

Thanks! These freebies were really nice. Easy to grow and looking pretty good so far. They are in flush mode for week or two before harvesting. Some nice colours and aromas are beginning to show up.

There is going to be some differences in yield
Between phenos, but i think they are going to perform quite good overall.

Going to pick 1 or 2 winners for next round and give some more effort for the grow.

pegasus

Couple of phenos smelled and tasted like citrus and mandarin. Very pleasent. Few phenos tasted dank and piney. My favourite was strongest smoke what tasted a mix of gas and fruits. Quite big variation between these but from 10 females I kept 4. Fun to grow and pleasure to smoke.

DUDE! Excellent job on these! I got some as a freebie for a pack of Biker Kush last year. I, too, did a quick pheno run and I was BLOWN AWAY. Its my favorite strain of all time. That warm, gentle feeling of relaxation with just the right amount of euphoria... Don't get me started on that godly scent! I'm super glad to see someone else grow these out. :huggg:

I have two females that I kept and a super vigorous, very compact male. One, my MK0, is the lanky pheno, the other, my MK8, is the 50/50 pheno.

This is my MK0. Super potent, not so smelly - until you press some rosin. LOVE those massive flowers regardless! (Only 2 weeks veg in 2 gal pot!)
20171231_212125.jpg

This is my MK8. The smell is overpowering with this one. 50% sweet mandarin, 50% musky-ness. Not quite as potent as the MK0, but she'll get you there, just not quite so quickly. :smokey:
20171227_164054.jpg

I threw this MK8 clone in the corner of my current run to fill in the canopy. Vegged for 2 weeks in a delta block, then 2 weeks in a hugo block. What a difference that made! She's at day 49 now (COMMENCE THE FLUSH). Now I'm wishing her clones filled the whole 4x4!

20180405_200926.jpg

20180405_201037.jpg

My next run will be all Mandarina Kush. I already have a tray of clones waiting for some space to be made under my 1000W - not long now! I'll also be crossing my male with my two females to see what gold lays hidden in the f2's. I really hope this line gets released again, there's so much potential in there.

Sorry if I'm derailing your thread, pegasus, but man do I love growing and smoking this strain! I'm shocked at the variety of smells you got - all mine are basically the same sweet mandarin + musk. You got dank + piney out of some??? Now that's a smoke I'm dying to have! Is the high any different from the sweet mandarin + musk pheno? Also, have you been running any MK clones in your garden since this thread?

pegasus

Thank you for the kind words. I have 2 Mandarin Kush phenos on my current run. One with sweet mandarin smell and heavy yields. Second is my gassy/fruity favourite pheno. A bit lanky but packs decent amount of grade A bud. Turned dark purple in last weeks of flowering. I am very curious how these ladies perform in hydro this round.

I had 2 dank and piney smelling phenos. Both were quite similar. Potent and strong tasting late night smoke. They took 2-3 weeks more to finish than phenos that I picked.

Good looking plants you got there Gumby. I hope you enjoy your keepers as much as I do mine.

pegasus

Here is one more picture of my Mandarin Kush keeper. Nice looking and tight buds. Tasty and potent smoke. Only thing this pheno lacks is stucture.