What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Small run of Crumbled Lime and Skullcap

soundman

Karma was so nice to bless me with a care package of goodies to keep me growing for as long as I am healthy enough to grow my own weed. Just wanted to give me something good to grow and be happy with. Great guy. Please don't bother him for seeds as I am unaware if the test thread will ever take off.

Thank you Karma!!!

I will do my best to update weekly when things get interesting and every two weeks at worse when things are in the boring phases. I would be further along but switched my tent out and run a different setup, semi sealed room. Plus a boo boo on my part.

I will grow in a 5x5 DR150 tent running two 600 watt HPS dimmed to 450 watts. This run I want my temps down from the mid 80's I normally had to grow in. With dimmed lights I can run 78 - 80 at canopy.

I use Maxigro and maxibloom as nutrients. RO water with some tap mixed back to 100ppm. I may switch to 30ppm RO and 50 - 70 ppm CalMag when seedlings get bigger. My well water is not consistent. Medium is straight coco in three gallon buckets.

My health is shit and I cant run the numbers I used to. This grow will end up with two or three plants if I get the females needed out of five seedlings.

Here is a pic of how I store my seeds. Vac sealed jars with rice by breeder stored in fridge.

Here are the seed packs.

Here is the tent almost complete setup.

I will post pics of seedlings when the runt catches up some. I have to admit I killed five seeds at the start. I was having a bad week and wore myself out setting up tent etc. I had wife make water and she used full strength CalMag plus and nutes that singed the seedlings. I culled them as I want perfection.

I cracked ten seeds total between the two batches with 100% germ rate. Out of those ten I culled one due to seed hull sticking very badly to plant and got damaged. Out of the rest I have one runt Crumbled Lime. It too had a seed hull stick and deformed first true leaves. It will bounce back quickly.

The seeds all cracked in 12 - 24 hours in paper towel. Out of coco next two days. Very vigorous.

There you go. I will post pics soon, in next few days.

Anxious to see the finished product.

Any info from karma is appreciated too. Like what stretch to expect etc.

I am running a closer temp differential than normal for me now too. Should help keep the stretch down.

Enough rambling. I hope I do Karma justice.

Oh ya, here is a pic of light spectrum with dimmed ballast. The data comes from Eye Hortilux.

Questions?

Last edited:

sdd420

Veteran
It all looks good bro. Best wishes for you and your grow. May you both live long and prosper. Peace sdd

soundman

A few quick pics after lights out. I took pics of the two closest to me. They look a little greener in real life. Gotta work on the pics. The flash may be to blame. I will look for better external light source.

Skullcap - 11th day out of coco.

Crumbled lime - 11th day

They have been fed very lightly and are just starting to get 3/4 strength next watering. I start in final pot size so my seedlings stay small until week two to three and then take off.

soundman

Close to flip

Close to flip

I tried color correcting these. Lights were on. Day 21. Any tips on color correction appreciated. I am color blind so it is a bitch to do.

Crumbled Lime

Skullcap

I don't know what they stretch like so I will flip any day now.

I know its boring but I figure it is good to show more than just bud shots of these.

Big thanks to Karma.

soundman

5 Days later

5 Days later

Early update.

Crumbled Lime

Skullcap. One of these have much fatter leaves than the other.

Tent. The middle plant is a Crumble Lime runt. It was very yellow and I nursed it to what it is now. It throws a little leaf out of the middle of some fan leaves.

I may have the height available to turn up the light power if these don't stretch much. I figured they would stretch more than they probably will.

soundman

Found one male and two female last night.

Karma, If you see this can you tell me anything more about these strains. Flower time mostly. Also one Skullcap had a few big fan leaves, Bubba big. Any info on Skullcap pheno types?

So far so good. They are much bigger than the last pics. Cleaned up the bottoms.

Thanks again. Can't wait to smoke them.

soundman

Will put up new pics soon. Thanks for the interest.

All plants sexed. 2 out of 2 Skullcaps are female. 1 out of 3 Crumbled Lime are female.

Skullcaps are pretty similar. One has, or had, pretty big fans. Only ones i have seen wider were on Bubbas. Had to remove the big ones due to shading too much plant.

Crumbled Lime had two phenos, if that is the right term anymore. Two short bushy ones that ended up males and one tall plant that ended up being the female. I pegged that tall one a male earlier but was wrong. Might have to tie that one down.

Tents suck.

soundman

I am not quitting thread. Yesterday was panic anxiety day. I have to go to Seattle daily for next week due to medical reasons and it gets me stressed. Plus it is a long trip for me.

I will try to get a pic soon.

soundman

I tried getting pics of a Skullcap but lights went out after this one. More to come.

Day 52 of flip. Got a little wind burn and close to lights when I was in hospital. This run had many challenges I am not used to. Many!!!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
That looks incredible/ Sorry to hear about your medical issues, and problems. But looks like things worked out anyway.

soundman

Almost Done

Almost Done

Here are a few pics. I didn't get pics of the plant before my wife started chopping. Yesterday was nine weeks since flip. I wanted to go 10 but have to take em now. Mostly milky trichs with a few clear and a few amber. I took a small sample at eight weeks and it was stoney.

A string of nugs. Most are about the size of my fist. All meat. Not bad for two dimmed 600 wattters at 450 ish.

Not in time for Christmas but New Years will be good. Will put up some dry pics and a smoke report.

Thanks Karma.