What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Investing and DUE DILLIGENCE required before investing in OTC related stocks

Dkgrower

Veteran
The only way to make money on such shady stocks would be to speculate in them heavly and sell them on the up.. but since most of the companys dont really have any potential to show its gonna be darn hard to make them stocks rise...

The more pepol want to buy a stock, the value will rise... so some 1 has to show that they can do well or real investors will stay away and small time investors will most properly be the only 1 to invest and then lock there money in a newer ending tail spin to final liquidation, where the only pepol that really make any money is the original owners..

RubberBand

Investing in marijuana stock is as risky day trading in the late 90's.
If companies like Medbox aren't stable, you might as well forget about these penny stocks.

This industry hasn't had the legs to run on long enough to be secure. Give it another decade, then you might be wise to invest. Until then, stick to something established or at least something new that will be more or less stable.

You are committing financial suicide investing in pot stocks.

S

sourpuss

I threw $500 at FITX stock, I bought at .06 it went to .12 now its at .015.
They are a pump and dump stock, in the past year their biz partners have had their trading suspended, they have been unable to acquire their grow license and have had their CEO get rich dumping his stock and is being investigated. Today they announced a new CEO.. Let the shit show continue...
OTC=cheap potential buy in. I did it more as education because I do not know the stock market and am ok with cheap lessons..

Hey u took a risk..... only lost a bit... imagine the suckers who really put some coin down....

Nugrogirl

There are a few stocks that are legit and non dilutive. It's like buying anything else, you do your research. Companies like CGRW will continue thrive and the others will continue to die off, which makes it even better for the real companies, as the playing field narrows.

RubberBand

financial death stocks

financial death stocks

Invest in already established companies that existed before the legalization of weed. Those are the companies reaping the benefits. Lights, fertilizers, potting, etc.

Marijuana specific shit is a penny stock. I'd imagine Sylvania CFL's have been seeing 10x the business in the last 10 years than most in the lighting industry.

I laugh at anyone throwing money in to anything marijuana related JUST BECAUSE it references marijuana in it's business model.

RubberBand

Ha! Touche Eclipse.

Read your first post in this thread and I must say your questions are extremely relevant to this topic.

It's worrisome that some would invest without your experience.

valueseeker

There's your pick and shovel companies, then every once and a while there's CGRW...a Beast!

It is certainly behaving like a beast for sure. pop... consolidate... pop... consolidate

Wednesday the 7th will be a milestone event for the stock... Art is probably really jealous

RubberBand

For the love of Christ just close this thread now.

Like I said, wait another 10 years before you invest in this bullshit.

This isn't Netflix, this is marijuana.

Nugrogirl

CannaGrow Holdings Announces Initial Approval for Land Use Application

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cannagrow-holdings-announces-initial-approval-114500510.html

Post # of 51125

CGRW Key Achievements to Date-

Filed a Disclosure Statement and became completely current with their financials on OTCMarkets.com

Hired a top Law Firm in the Denver Area the specializes in the Medical/Recreational Cannabis Arena in the State of Colorad

Leased an office in Centennial Colorado

Hired a Consultant with a PhD in Botany and a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture.

Reduced the Authorized Shares of the company from 2,000,000 to 500,000

Cancelled the Twenty Five Million shares of restricted common stock and returned the stock to the Company treasury.

Hired Rod Clawson who has a Masters in Marketing and was the logistics manager of a 30,000 sq. ft. botanical and plant facility.

Signed Lease Agreement with NuGro Industries, Inc. for 20 acres in Huerfano County, CO.

The Huerfano County Planning Commission approved the NuGro Industries Land Use Application.
"CannaGrow Holdings, Inc. will continue in its capacity as the Liaison and Representative for NuGro Industries working with Building Contractors, Utility Providers, and the various State/County Agencies to see the Multi-Phase project through to completion. The completion of this Project will allow CannaGrow to begin generating revenues from the licensed Growers that will be leasing the Turnkey Growing facilities that is being built to our specifications."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cannagrow-holdings-announces-initial-approval-114500510.html

calisun

Here is a company I ran across a couple days ago. LSCG I'm still doing my DD. They are a LED maker in USA. They have been around for a long time and have raised a lot of money. Anyone here invested in LSCG. Any thoughts and views would be appreciated.

valueseeker

So it was, closing down 35%. You had advance knowledge of the massive trading volume today and yesterday which hadn't been seen for two months?

I had knowledge of the County Planning Commission Meeting to be held on January 7, 2015 that was announced on December 17, 2014 and yes the stock closed down 35% due an extremely over bought chart... the pull back was healthy. as you can see it made a 17% gain today and will probably see a few days of consolidation as it drifts up on low volume.

Investing in MJ stocks, especially in MicroCap MJ stocks, is pretty much unknown territory and a certain tolerance for risk is necessary.

With the initial approval of the Land Use Application, another milestone has been made by the company. Only time will tell...

Good luck to you in all of your endeavors

sc

valueseeker

audiohi

Veteran
Don't forget the recent FITX blatantly fake signature fiasco.

Just stick to trading these stocks. They are not investments

Cuse44

There are a few stocks that are legit and non dilutive. It's like buying anything else, you do your research. Companies like CGRW will continue thrive and the others will continue to die off, which makes it even better for the real companies, as the playing field narrows.
Thrive? What is your definition of thrive? For me it's actually doing something and turning a profit. CannaGrow doesn't even own the property. They have done nothing with marijuana at this point. Their business associates created a a separate company to do that.

Which begs the question, why create a company to do something you could have done yourself? That is one thing I can't figure out. Short of a logical answer, my opinion is they are just trying to create an artificial story. "CannaGrow signs build to suit lease deal with NuGrow Industries (created by past business associates in August, 2014 with connections to Desert Vista Capital, noted stock pumpers)."