What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'How to ScrOG' guide..?

Cristo

i've been searching here on IC but can't find any good tutorial about SCROG.
i've already saw some grower's threads with scrog but they always show plants in flower. what i want is a guide from 'seed to harvest' with the first steps of training.

someone have such a guide?
if not, good threads of growers doing scrog are welcome too!

moka

What space are you working with? How many pots, plants? I have three plants together in a single 5L coco block within a 40cm x 40cm space and I topped them three times while stress testing the previous cut until I can fill out about 8-10 bamboo stakes. It's ugly for 15 days or so but the idea is to create ~three rows of six colas. I want this little box to line up like tobacco fields.

The usual accessories such as trellis netting, etc., sold in the stores are way too big for my installation so I just focus on trying to create a symetrical pattern with the stakes and build around that. I'm just guessing that you have a smaller space so don't get offended or anything. It's my opinion that if you're smaller than 90cm x 90cm, the tutorials won't necessarily apply to you. It's like trying to recreate a catering recipe just for you and your old lady. If you have specific questions and you're using a smaller space, feel free to ask.

moka

But I do want to say publicly that mtnjohn has one of the nicest 150w setups I have ever seen. I just think true ScrOG in small spaces for a beginner is not very beneficial in the long run.

supermanlives

Veteran
well if doing scrog use female seeds or clones. dont waste time with males. if you are gonna scrog i suggest flowering the plant regular once. then you know the stretch,how it reacts to ,topping bending ect. after that its easy. seen way to many under filled screens or overcrowded. of course this is just my opinion and we all got one.

Cristo

:woohoo:
thats alot of info! thanks rives and greygary! :tiphat:

moka, by now i'm just 'searching' new (better) ways to grow. scrog is just a possibilitie.
i've already made two grows in a 60x60cm tent, 4 plants topped. i use leds so scrog maybe the way too improve yields without having more plants.

again thank you all!
:thank you:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i do modular scrog in a cab of similar size with 4 plants. (modular means the screens are attached to each pot.

try reading my grow diaries, the 250 hps one linked in my sig is the longest. lots of pics and descriptions in there

good luck

VG