What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MEDMAKER420 a.K.a the Aardvark 2012 MMJ Grow Show

slashroot

Joined this site just to follow this thread, I was considering buying light #1 and #2 but couldn't find any reviews online. This is the first one I've found :)

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Glad to have you around slashroot, check out the entire thread as there are great shots of the field marshall strains I grew previously ( under hps ) and am excited to see what I can get them to do under the growblu concept veg lights.

The spectrums used in #1 and #2 are doing GREAT, I have to say and the growblu store should be open soon enough but you can contact them to ask about getting a light that uses the spectrum that I am testing with.

To everyone following along, don't forget to subscribe to the youtube channel to get updates whenever I post a new video ( the channel link is in my signature below ).

Last edited:

slashroot

How are the noise levels on these lights and what are the fan diameter?

Correct me if I'm wrong but these lights are manufactured by Bysen and many companies are selling them under different names and wave length configuration.

medmaker420

Veteran
How are the noise levels on these lights and what are the fan diameter?

Correct me if I'm wrong but these lights are manufactured by Bysen and many companies are selling them under different names and wave length configuration.

I am testing 2 different manufacturers for veg and 4+ for flower, trying to help growblu iron out which ones to order their lights through. Yes there are many companies claiming how they make the lights etc but most (99.9%) including companies get their lights through eshine, bysen and many others.

The difference is indeed spectrum / manufacturer used. On the noise, both styles have 2 fans each which you can see in earlier pictures within this thread and I believe the blue ones are 4" fans and the black ones are 6" fans but I haven't put a measuring tape against them yet.

Noise wise, they sound like a computer where you hear the comp fan running but no other noise comes from them besides the fan air flow noise but unsure of the dB all together.

Growblu isn't claiming to MAKE the lights btw, just the spectrum research itself, stocking them in the USA, adding light ratchets among other things that will come with the lights etc but no they are not claiming to manufacturer anything.

Not to toss out random names BUT advanced leds for example, they use the same brand as the #3 and #4 lights which are the eshine style, hydro grow used to use them as well as bysen among others now. There are only a few companies actually making their led panels whether in the USA or other countries but they are around.

I personally love the modular style myself like the #1 and #2 test light myself however I have more tests to do especially in flower with other manufacturers that growblu wants to weed out the good from the bad of.

medmaker420

Veteran
New Flower Test Light Came In Today

New Flower Test Light Came In Today

Check this beauty out!
attachment.php

and another shot:
attachment.php

and from the back:
attachment.php

I also got 4 drivers for the #4 concept light that had a driver issue. I will be posting a how to fix video and images for that light to show before and after pics as well as what all I needed to do to remove the bad driver and put in a good one.

The other flowering concept lights should be here in a couple weeks as well so I will probably use this one flowering light to sex the "first set" of plants which is the chemmy jones, blackwater, jedi kush and jackpot royale.

Attachments

• new-light 001.jpg
    new-light 001.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 22
  • new-light 007.jpg
    new-light 007.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 20
  • new-light 008.jpg
    new-light 008.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 26

vukman

Veteran
Son of a bitch man!!!!!!!!!!!! that thing is nice.. Is that the 'Apollo' series of lights? I think that's what they are called.. I've never seen pictures of them like that when someone has actually had one... Only advertising images....Looks nice..

medmaker420

Veteran
Son of a bitch man!!!!!!!!!!!! that thing is nice.. Is that the 'Apollo' series of lights? I think that's what they are called.. I've never seen pictures of them like that when someone has actually had one... Only advertising images....Looks nice..

Not sure but odds are is, this thing is SWEET LOOKING, built damn well and the million fans are QUIET. I will get video and pics of it running so you can check out the spectrum as well. I am LOVING this light! Can't wait to see what it does with the girls under her as I will be using it to sex the plants ( CULL THE MALES Da Da Daahhhhhh ).

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
great show medmaker! nice lights too, can't wait for flower pics.
I'm sorry I didn't found your thread earlier, but I'll follow it from now on. :lurk:

Good luck! :wave:

medmaker420

Veteran
great show medmaker! nice lights too, can't wait for flower pics.
I'm sorry I didn't found your thread earlier, but I'll follow it from now on. :lurk:

Good luck! :wave:
Glad to have you around exploziv_gbb and there are many more flowering lights on the way that I will have pics and videos of during flower as well so the show is just getting started.

Excited to see how all these led grow light panels end up doing in flower. I can't wait to see which style and spectrum works out best overall.

The strains I am running has me excited as well as they have all been grown from seed and completely under leds so I can't wait to see which pheno ends up growing best under the led lights themselves.

I am growing

Field Marshall Seeds ( radvancan ) - lady berry kush and kushy haze
as well as

chemmy jones
jedi kush
jackpot royale
blackwater

as well as a few of my own mixed seeds I have labeled as "aardvarks mix".

They are currently in 2x2's and in flowering will go into 2x3's or 3x4's depending on the light itself as some are LARGE at almost 4 ft so I have two separate sized flowering enclosures that I will be flowering in.

Excited to see how this mmj led grow grows for me and hope to have plenty of pics and videos for everyone to enjoy here at icmag!

:thank you:

slashroot

Awesome looking lights you've received! :) Just noticed that they don't ship internationally so I guess there is no hope for me getting those lights.

medmaker420

Veteran
Awesome looking lights you've received! :) Just noticed that they don't ship internationally so I guess there is no hope for me getting those lights.

Not sure to be honest. I will ask growblu if they are only shipping in the states or worldwide. The site is still being put together, products added etc so I don't know if they have all the shipping/payment parts setup as of yet.

Their launch should be in a month or so but I am sure they can get lights out now to those who want them.

Shoot them an email and tell them I sent you and see about getting a deal. They are great guys who are putting in the time and odds are money to actually tests these panels out and am just happy to be able to be apart of the testing phase.

Can't wait to see the rest of the concept flower lights AND once they get to their warehouse they should be sending the kill a watt meter and others my way to test the lights. They will be doing tests there first ( makes sense as it being their company and all LOL ) and then sending the gear to me to test the current veg test lights and the different flowering panels as well.

I can't wait to get all the data video/pictures of each panel type and see which is more efficient, works best and so forth. There seems to be alot of pro's and a few cons to each panel so far BUT I just hope they decide to offer multiple types of panels which allows for different price ranges for the different wattages.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
have you grown FMS aca kush?

your set up looks looks sick. LEDs have always interested me

medmaker420

Veteran
have you grown FMS aca kush?

your set up looks looks sick. LEDs have always interested me

Yes I have, there should be pics of it growing somewhere in the diaries as this is my second test for Field Marshall Seeds. Now this is the first under LEDs but I loved the aca kush however I also loved the lbk and hazey kush.

Killer genetics for sure

slashroot

Not sure to be honest. I will ask growblu if they are only shipping in the states or worldwide. The site is still being put together, products added etc so I don't know if they have all the shipping/payment parts setup as of yet.

Their launch should be in a month or so but I am sure they can get lights out now to those who want them.

Shoot them an email and tell them I sent you and see about getting a deal. They are great guys who are putting in the time and odds are money to actually tests these panels out and am just happy to be able to be apart of the testing phase.

Can't wait to see the rest of the concept flower lights AND once they get to their warehouse they should be sending the kill a watt meter and others my way to test the lights. They will be doing tests there first ( makes sense as it being their company and all LOL ) and then sending the gear to me to test the current veg test lights and the different flowering panels as well.

I can't wait to get all the data video/pictures of each panel type and see which is more efficient, works best and so forth. There seems to be alot of pro's and a few cons to each panel so far BUT I just hope they decide to offer multiple types of panels which allows for different price ranges for the different wattages.

On their shipping page it only says "At this time we do not ship international orders, USA Only."

I'm living in Norway so it would be quite a way to ship the products!

For me their webpage is a bit deceiving, from the looks they seem to be fully running. I can't seem to find anything written about them being in the starting phase.

Sure is very good that they are doing detailed tests before starting to sell their products.

I'm sure very excited to see what your test will reveal! :)

medmaker420

Veteran
On their shipping page it only says "At this time we do not ship international orders, USA Only."

I'm living in Norway so it would be quite a way to ship the products!

For me their webpage is a bit deceiving, from the looks they seem to be fully running. I can't seem to find anything written about them being in the starting phase.

Sure is very good that they are doing detailed tests before starting to sell their products.

I'm sure very excited to see what your test will reveal! :)

The site is being setup as we speak so it will be ready to launch in a month or two. They haven't started any of the advertising etc and are only doing the seo and testing promoting right now. I am sure the content written is the content they want or variation of it ( or the web guys stock content ) for when they launch.

I actually brought up today about doing a countdown clock to the sites launch so maybe that will be going up sooner than later once their web guy gets to it.

I am sure their main market is in the US because that is where they are located but I would assume that most companies would still want to offer products to any and all countries but don't quote me on it.

All I would assume is needed is the right wattage / cord ( most manufacturers has one for any plug ) and then to iron out the shipping costs. That is me assuming though.

Aotf

Don't have to think about it..they exist today. It's just the cost factor that is prohibitive. If you want to DIY, you can find them easily enough...

Yes, should have clarified, price is always the factor, especially when dealing with nm. There are certainly bigger than 25w diodes as well, I certainly meant for a consumer level, not the skunkworks of Microsoft or Area 51 ,lol.

I remember when HT, did there first printed article on LED's, maybe 08, they talked about the chinese building an 1000?w experimental diode that was the size of half a pack of cigarrettes roughly and it was a cool $5 million to produce the 1, not many were planned, needless to say.

medmaker420

Veteran
$5 million dollar 1k watt diode

I would need at least two of those and rig them to light movers.

Man how many grows would it take to recoup that LOL.