What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reserva Privada

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
My friend bought 2011 Canaloup Haze by DNA and each one came out almost exact and the one kept was phenomenal. I have it now too and love it - a keeper for sure.

Is c99 and Canalope Haze similar as they look to be exact?

edit- Sorry, I mean't to say 2010

TGT

Last edited:

true grit

Veteran
So how about anyone that has access to legit OG cuts? Do any of these crosses hold weight to the actual OG cuts? I wouldnt mind running the Kosher, og or holy grail if they were worth the time.

Shit my ass still hasn't gotten enough feedback on teh LA Con from folks who have access to comparable cuts. seems once folks get cuts, competing seed buys go to the wayside. Most i ask who have tried and like LA Con haven't had real bubbas, pk's, etc.

M

MrSterling

True, are we talking reserva's OG Kush? I don't know. This whole og kush thing always confused me. I've heard mixed reviews of their Kosher, I *wish* they'd call by the name the LA Jewish dudes who gave it to them gave it - Jew Gold. Reserva's Kandy Kush is a delicious mix of their OG and Trainwreck. As I've never smoked either of those in their original form in Cali I can't speak as to the authenticity of the experience, but I enjoyed it.

Pollypak

Well, I recently got the 'connaiseurs mix' pack of 13 seeds from these guys and it was a complete disappointment. I tried to germinate 11 seeds, only 1 sprouted and it's growing very slowly and it looks like a mutant (spiralled leaves, like in tony sativa's profile picture). It's not my intention to sacrifice my retarded offspring, but i wish i had got a bit more plants to play with.
Maybe it's my fault for trying to germinate them in soil (as i always have done and will) and not in laboratory conditions...

G

greenmatter

grew their kandy kush and liked it ......... not a real kush fan either

it's a hit and miss game with beans IMHO ......... i have spent some good money on seeds that were not worth a fuck, and gotten some bad ass freebees doing it.

hate on the breeders all you want ........ i couldn't do any better

true grit

Veteran
True, are we talking reserva's OG Kush? I don't know. This whole og kush thing always confused me. I've heard mixed reviews of their Kosher, I *wish* they'd call by the name the LA Jewish dudes who gave it to them gave it - Jew Gold. Reserva's Kandy Kush is a delicious mix of their OG and Trainwreck. As I've never smoked either of those in their original form in Cali I can't speak as to the authenticity of the experience, but I enjoyed it.

Yeah was talking bout the OG, Kosher, and Holy Grail. Assuming the jew gold was an og or kush cut? Just asking cuz i run some OG's but always have hopes in OG beans as ive def found better than some cuts along the way. But...that being said, grew RKS and was not impressed with the sweet not skunky at all smell. good stuff, but not RKS.

M

MrSterling

No clue on the Jew Gold genetics, just the hilarity of some LA Jews "taking it back" from antisemitics. I'd put money that Reserva tossed "kush" on the end because it's the cool thing. Ten years back and we might have been calling it "Kosher Kali" or "Kosher Widow".

I take a grain of salt with these names and genetics. I'm hesitant to believe, in a market of this size and nature, that everyone is a star breeder.

I

ickybuds2012

here's some of reserva's Headband aka sour kush ...

DSC08840.jpg

it's a tasty , strong herb , the resin looks like butter and sticks to your fingers heavily , , i grinded my joints and ended up with more " kieff " than pot :biggrin:,, also you could taste the Og in every hit ,, and its a decent yielder ...

looking forward on getting some more of them seeds :blowbubbles:

Cowonderbud

I've tried la. A buddy grew and it is top ten for sure. The only real indica I've liked in the last year. I've also had their sour d and it is better than any from the dispensaries I've had la from the disp and it was awful Got some silver kush and hosher on deck. I bought 6 recon and 6 chocolope two actually made it both labled chocolope but look like crap indica. Have a clone chocolope and it isn't related.

M

MrSterling

If anyone does grow their Kosher Kush please put up a grow journal. Interested to see how these "Kush" derivatives play put.

edit: I just went and reread the thread. Iron Lion smartly points out that Kosher Kush is actually a mix of Kosher ("Jews Gold") mixed with their OG Kush. I'm mistaken.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
This is a Purple Wreck i just found in a pack of regs. Ive been popping one seed at a time since 2009 back then they came in 13 to a package this is number 4 the others were males

Week 3 day 28 of flower.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So far so good it smells just like Trainwreck so we will see if it turns purple at the end.

i did some pollen chucking with a reversed Coffee Kush plant from top dog. to that and to a Barneys farms bluecheese that is super blueberry flavored. and then im going to reverse the bluecheese and use all that pollen on the coffee kush purple wreck and bluecheese to self it. Cant freaking wait to get this project complete and see what comes out of it.

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
first batch of seeds from the og 18th were by far the best.......

straight og structure,og smell to the max, and a dicent yeild.

got 3 more beans to pop in the future to see if i can beat out the pheno i allready have...

papaduc

Veteran
OG kush and Headband (sour Kush) are solid high grade strains if you do them right. Very uniform, hardly any variation between 12 plants. This is Headband.

Attachments

• SDC10388.jpg
    SDC10388.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 11
  • SDC10568.jpg
    SDC10568.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 11
  • SDC10563.jpg
    SDC10563.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Hole 11. 6/15. This puppy is getting big. She has 8 ft, and summer hasn't even started.
    Hole 11. 6/15. This puppy is getting big. She has 8 ft, and summer hasn't even started.
    70.3 KB · Views: 31
U

unthing

i tried og 18, had one runt that died during birth and one nice plant, piney fuely earthly something smell and long lasting (after)taste, really nice smoke but don't know it how far it is from the real thing though.

papaduc

Veteran
Be careful with the nitrogen on these strains. Replace some N for PK and micros if you can. That'll get you more in terms of quality and appearance and, to a slightly lesser extent, yield out of the OG crosses from what I've found.

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
PurpleWreck, Kandy Kush, and La Confidential were all ones I grew and turned out awesome. I used a KK male to make some badass crosses (Plat Bubba x KK and Blue Dream x KK). I grew the Sour Diesel and it was crap and it hermied. The Sour Cream was no good either. Those are the only ones I can speak of first hand.

chos3n

I grew out their OG18 and got a horrible pheno, let it go for 12 weeks and never finished developing. I would run it again because I do know there are better phenos out there, just got unlucky.

Also ran their Sour Diesel. Very strong genetics, it went threw some stress that would have killed a lesser plant. And didn't even show a single nanner... Good yields, good high, but its very easy to develop a tolerance to it. Only smoke it for a few days at a time. Taste itsn't very sour, more like lemon/sprite.