What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

24 Purple Kush hydro setup

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
:lurk:
nice pre-vegged cuts.
only a few more weeks of veg & theyll be ready for 12 hrs dark.
those buckets are rather close together, if desire 1 full fruit basket per plant.

maybe, wait @ bare minumum - until they get ~ 1 meter across. they seem like theyll be touching ea other then...

which means that by the time 4 weeks comes around, they will have overgrown the room... possibly.

this seem to be a issue w/ tree growers. espcially when running cut 1st time &/or trying to find limits of garden/plants:

~underestimating stretch... expect them to double in size - fast.

~underestimating growth under 1k veg... they can get huge quick...

~too many plants... they soon crowd ea other, if not enough intial room allocated.
can usually do more w/ less plants.

~underestimating room for maintenance... plants in center of garden suffer. if have plants in center, add @ least another 6" to centers. or, have dedicated 12-18" path around/between plants.

~underestimating room required per plant... 2 meter (6' per plant) centers, if possible. ea plant gets 6x6x6' of space - w/out touching another plant, wall, or device.

but... youll find this out around the 3-4th wk of flowering... that you probably could have only ran 1/2 the amount of plants & gotten better final fruit count.

what is the target for finished veg size?

some of the plants seem to be already getting close to touching ea other... ideally, want them to get 1+ meter (or, 1 cubic yard of plant mass) before considering flowering... if they get that big in that system, will be difficult to perform maintainence on the plants in the middle of the rows, which may suffer...

w/ that type of space... would abandon all of those individual totes & tubes & lines... all of that would just get in the way.

would also abandon 20 plants...

maybe, 4-100 gallon kid pools, filled w/ media & 4 huge plants... under the same anount of light. so.. maybe that would be 2K+ per plant? :D:yes: spoil the grrlz!

all of the space that is now occupied by air, between those totes, can be a huge diy trough, filled w/ media... currently, it is unused space that could be filled w/ roots.

starting flower when plants get 5 cubic feet of plant matter, or 125 cubic feet boxes - filled w/ canopy.
losing 50% of available light in reflectors/hoods also.
bare bulb vert provides 360* of light... helping to cover the huge canopies that develop on the sides of the plants - where overhead lights fail to adequately illuminate.

would defintely stake/support those inner plant (rows) now, as when ~wk 4-5 of flowering comes... will be labor to get to & support them. extremely hard when 7 weeks comes, & they are falling onto ea other - which may occur due to how close they are to ea other.
:2cents:

should be a fun run... & should learn much about mng'ng trees/tree gardening.
best wishes.

enjoy your garden!:ying:

some of your stuff is right and some that dont apply to me.plants are some close because like i said i'm still working in the room the 4 plants that look together are under 1000w light and i dont expect much from because i'm just doing them as test far as the rest goes you should take some notes from me.many will agree here that i know what i'm doing.i know you didnt mean bad and all is good.plants in room are spaced about 4-5 feet apart from center to center of buckets that is 9,000w lights 20 plants off to the corner 1000w 4 plants whats wrong with them numbers?thats 10,000w lights 24 plants

big up,DG

windsoft

Looks like quite an inspiring setup you got going on there. I'll be tuning in for this one. One question, is that all hydroton? Do you buy it by the truckload or something? haha

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
Looks like quite an inspiring setup you got going on there. I'll be tuning in for this one. One question, is that all hydroton? Do you buy it by the truckload or something? haha

ok things are geting weird around here.the hydroton is only to cover the top layer over the rockwool

sneakinman13

Veteran
dont stress dominican. you kno ur ish and your garden is lush! 10 k is a busyyy set up indeed and your doing great...

BigGreen

Veteran
kick ass setup. You weren't kidding when you said you were going with tree's I can see how thats gonna happen fast.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Well I know you are going to kill it. I wish I had the space for 6'x6'x6' but that would only be four plants in a 12'x12' room. 4' - 5' should do really well, but if the monsters get too big, just run a few less next time.

Stay Frosty, :joint:

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
dont stress dominican. you kno ur ish and your garden is lush! 10 k is a busyyy set up indeed and your doing great...

i'm cool i just dont get where people gettin at.but nice you stoping by to watch some crazy fat buds..

big up,DG

Lookin' great Dominican, I'll be watching for sure. Oh, and is that all hydroton in there? or...

Kidding!

theres 500,000 pebbles in my growroom. na for real tho i only use 2 and half of 2 cubic foot hydroton bags for the whole room.you can see it clear that the buckets are not full of it.funny chit right lol

big up,DG

kick ass setup. You weren't kidding when you said you were going with tree's I can see how thats gonna happen fast.

this grow is dedicated to hydrosun lets see if they do as good with me as they do with him.he grows trees i grow trees we all grow trees lets see the outcome,everyone does things in there own ways

big up,DG

cool! i'm really looking forward to your grow; PK is my FAV if i could just find the 'real' ☺ anyway good luck and happy growing!

so far this is the real deal as many have tried to grow and many have gotten hammered off the high.maybe you'll find her around your way someday as there is a friendly person that likes to share her.thanks for the rabbits foot

big up,DG

Well I know you are going to kill it. I wish I had the space for 6'x6'x6' but that would only be four plants in a 12'x12' room. 4' - 5' should do really well, but if the monsters get too big, just run a few less next time.

i have thought of growing less plants but one thing if it where to happen that your growing 4 plants and two got sick then your only harvesting 2 plants.i cant risk this, many people can do as they please but i think ahead.in a 6x6x6 per plant is a waste of space like realy outdoors you havest 2 pound plants and alittle extra in some cases so in a 12x12 room will only fit 2 plants that you'll get 1 and some of a pound so thats like 2 half pound if your lucky.thats realy wack.hydrosun your doing realy well dont get crazy idea's from people that make no sense

big up amigo,DG

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
Nice trees. But how long did the growers veg for.looks like few months to get branches the size of a can.its nice work from one plant but 10lb from 8,000w light is not impressive at all.2 lb per light should be a good harvest with shorter veg time
And i can just see myself carrying loads of soil,no way i did that last run it was hell geting them pots of soil out the house imagen pools filled with soil,no thanks.
Would be great for outdoors.

Thanks mistress

Big up,DG

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Nice trees. But how long did the growers veg for.looks like few months to get branches the size of a can.its nice work from one plant but 10lb from 8,000w light is not impressive at all.2 lb per light should be a good harvest with shorter veg time
And i can just see myself carrying loads of soil,no way i did that last run it was hell geting them pots of soil out the house imagen pools filled with soil,no thanks.
Would be great for outdoors.

Thanks mistress

Big up,DG

I have just had a come to Jesus. I got home after 12 days away and the runt in the veg room with issues (I thought was PK), we'll she is Sensi Skunk and she grew 4x in 12 days. I didn't really want another Sensi Skunk, but now I have no choice but to throw her in the Dungeon next week!

I guess the whole point is it takes no time to veg a weed to 5 or 6 feet, it only takes the right condition and you can go from 12" to 5' in ten days!

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
I have just had a come to Jesus. I got home after 12 days away and the runt in the veg room with issues (I thought was PK), we'll she is Sensi Skunk and she grew 4x in 12 days. I didn't really want another Sensi Skunk, but now I have no choice but to throw her in the Dungeon next week!

I guess the whole point is it takes no time to veg a weed to 5 or 6 feet, it only takes the right condition and you can go from 12" to 5' in ten days!

Nice to hear no bad news as you got home.but to thicken a plant is very different then growing a thin plant.you seen the picture in the post above the branches are fatter then my arm i only seen shit like this outdoors

Big up amigo,DG

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I had not looked at the photos, but the thought of Magnum hoods upside down shooting into my plants is giving me a hard on!

I've had stems that size, but it looks like that is a single 4lb+ plant.

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
I had not looked at the photos, but the thought of Magnum hoods upside down shooting into my plants is giving me a hard on!

I've had stems that size, but it looks like that is a single 4lb+ plant.

Yeah i said that was nice the whole setup with the light but i have yet to see a marijuana plant that produces 10lb per like they stated,crazy chit maybe i need to learn something

Big up,DG

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I said 4lb to be conservative, that plant could have 8KW (4 up 4 under) and that would be 20lbs at 1grm per watt, so 10lb is cake. You could do it easy if you throw 8 KW or even 4KW at a single plant.

The photo's don't lie you and I both know a stem bigger than a coke can scroged over 4 - 8 KW can make 10lbs, easy.

So it is just a matter of style. I don't think I'd like a single plant, but I love the upward facing hood. I learn something everyday, but it isn't always about weed. The up-facing hood is a 99.99% great day in learning.

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
I guess the upside down hoods is how they kept the plant from growing upward makes sense.if not that plant would be 12-20 feet
I see you soon playing with hoods lol oooboy!

Big up,DG

Befri

Hola DG!! :wave:

Just pulled up a chair, and tagged your field of dreams!! :joint:

I'm a huge fan of big trees, and have been inspired to do so from Mashup, Hydroson, Big Green, and yourself!! :tiphat:

I'm currently working on building a 24 plant/4k grow, under 4 XXXL magnums. I plan on having 12 plants in a UC system under 2 hoods with a mover. Starting with 12 plants on one side of the room, then adding another 12 a month later to the other side. Finishing product every month or so. Vegging in a 5 gal RDWC for 4-6wks till moved into the UC system. So, trees/bushes is where I'm heading!!! :jump:

Cheers!!

L-Immortal

DG tas always your setup is lookin awesome. You are an Advanced guy, have you tried the budfactor X ? If so did you like it?

Latest posts

Latest posts