What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your favourite tasting outdoor strains

browntrout

Veteran
Often times we outdoor growers are mislead by breeders and their strain descriptions being from indoor representation only.

The outdoor grow reports just aren't there, and often times we find ourselves spending money on strains that just don't pan out.

I've seen indoor strains that are GOLD indoors but really don't yield, smell or taste outdoors.

However my favourite has to be the original god bud circa 2004.

What is your favourite tasty outdoor strain?

One another thing, is there any OG's that smell/taste like OG outdoors? I've yet to see it. Maybe it's just the climate :dunno:.

First year for outdoor and for my taste the 24k was the best tasting strain in the garden..... After you exhale the smoke or vapor you get a nice orange flavor!

Easy7

Veteran
My guess is that some terps wash put in the rain easier than others. Never came across rank foul outdoor myself. It's always a hashy sun weathered smell and flavor. I did have a widow that was creamy in smell/flavor.

So many other items of concern with guerilla. Would actually be afraid to have far reaching odorous plants.

browntrout

Veteran
My guess is that some terps wash put in the rain easier than others. Never came across rank foul outdoor myself. It's always a hashy sun weathered smell and flavor. I did have a widow that was creamy in smell/flavor.

So many other items of concern with guerilla. Would actually be afraid to have far reaching odorous plants.

The best tasting strains I've tried have come outdoors, certain strains really shine through but are few and far between. The Bubba/Purple kushes work really well but the OG not so much.

Your right there are a lot of variables and hence why you might not have had nice outdoor gear.

highsteppa

Veteran
I’ve done well with og’s outdoors; Tahoe, Tk, and sfv have turned out some great smoke even harvested oct 15 when they best should go to Halloween. Not the biggest yeild, but good enough. They’ve done ok with mold, way better than sours.

Best tasting outdoor for me is a silver pearl leaning s1 off a local silver haze...or pure pine freeze pheno or even some well done mob can be great. Lots of nice herb here has come out of 1/2 to 1/4 freezeland crosses to later flowering indoor types. Smoked a nice sour freezeland this fall. Buddy did a killer tk x pukeberry/freeze this season that was off the hook.

Limeygreen

Veteran
A friend grew Jamaican pearl from sensi over 10 years ago, that that soap smell and spicey soapy taste (not the soapy taste I remember from swearing) it was tastey to me none the less.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
A friend grew Jamaican pearl from sensi over 10 years ago, that that soap smell and spicey soapy taste (not the soapy taste I remember from swearing) it was tastey to me none the less.

I know exactly what you're talking about in terms of taste. There used to be bud I would get (coincidentally about 10 years ago) that had as I would describe, a soapy/hashy like taste and smell. It was sooo good but I could never get the word on the strain. Everyone laughed at me when I would describe the smell as "soapy" but I haven't seen anything close to it since... for my plants the skunk, diesel, or sandalwood taste/smells seem to prevail in the outdoors over anything fruity or hashy.

NEED 4 SEED

I have a cross that has produced more than one plant with soap smell, I mean like really, really fresh soapy smell. Taste was also soap bar 100%.

Easy7

Veteran
I've smelled the soap smell. In my case it was a soap I had as a kid. Sorta a creamy soapy smell and very smooth, mellow and pleasant.

Pine terps do well outdoors.

I think in the day, outdoor was akin to home grown domestic. Which is always better. Seen some poor domestic but that's rare. Spider mite infested, early harvested, lacking resin, fluffy white widow.

therevverend

Veteran
Royal Kush is a good one. The citrus comes through really well. I had one freak that had foul cat piss/ammonia stink, so foul it made me cough and blow my nose. Now the ammonia is going away it's got fishy/skunk smells. I think it's gross but my friends like it..
Sour Diesel and bubblegum come through outdoors.

Koondense

Veteran
It's funny how 30 years ago people used to mentiono outdoor as a selling point.

Here they still do sometimes.
The issue with indoor is or it's too strong or it tastes/feels bad because of no flush.
The OD is usually milder and friendlier in effect but sometimes it's just badly grown or molded or whatever due to a bad season.
All outdoor weed here is from guerrilla grows.

To be on topic, Ihad some delicious tasting bud with LaBuenaHierba's autoflowering hazes, mixed with blueberry. Deep dark and smooth berry aroma with some fresh pine.
Another few were the Super Cali Haze, Chaze superautos by Flash and a nice Cognition photoperiod plant by TropicalSeedsCompany which was very different to any cannabis flower i ever had.

Cheers

browntrout

Veteran
I know exactly what you're talking about in terms of taste. There used to be bud I would get (coincidentally about 10 years ago) that had as I would describe, a soapy/hashy like taste and smell. It was sooo good but I could never get the word on the strain. Everyone laughed at me when I would describe the smell as "soapy" but I haven't seen anything close to it since... for my plants the skunk, diesel, or sandalwood taste/smells seem to prevail in the outdoors over anything fruity or hashy.

I found the Mr. Nice's Devil to have these phenos, they didn't smell like soap but the dry hash made tasted like pure floral soap

St. Phatty

What is your favourite tasty outdoor strain?

One another thing, is there any OG's that smell/taste like OG outdoors? I've yet to see it. Maybe it's just the climate :dunno:.

This year, Blueberry Headband Cross. Very Lime Blueberry Kushy Indica. Can go outdoor or indoor.

Bay Dream Cross. Went all Big Bud with great resin. Taste is Sweet PlayDough. The Playdough is a taste I've seen with Romulan.

Those were my 2 best.

I also had a Green Crack cross. I am definitely liking the smoke but the bud is not dense. I don't think it is in the same category as the first 2.

PhishyPharmer

I fell in love with the Jäger last year. Licorice/sandlewood/incense terps that translates well into the smoke. it's a bummer it faded fast.

browntrout

Veteran
This year, Blueberry Headband Cross. Very Lime Blueberry Kushy Indica. Can go outdoor or indoor.

Bay Dream Cross. Went all Big Bud with great resin. Taste is Sweet PlayDough. The Playdough is a taste I've seen with Romulan.

Those were my 2 best.

I also had a Green Crack cross. I am definitely liking the smoke but the bud is not dense. I don't think it is in the same category as the first 2.

Is there seeds available for BLUEBERRY HEADBAND?

That play dough taste is prevalent in passion 1 and its a quick finisher. This year my favorites were space diesel, rug burn og, and cookies n chem didn't expect any to finish on time but they were all great runners.

Attachments

• IMG_1385.jpg
    IMG_1385.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1381.jpg
    IMG_1381.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg