What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD oil tincture

vapeking

What other ways can refined CBD oil be used instead of inhallation? A dear friend just got diagnosed with lung cancer. Can you dissolve the honey oil in coconut oil and use as a tincture? I know you would def. have to decarboxylate the oil, but that's all i can think of. Any suggestions?

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Sorry to hear of your friend. I'm in a similar situation with a friend who has adrenal and lung cancer. We managed to get some high THC oil which came in a syringe. He just squeeze's a little into his mouth and let's it dissolve slowly. About an hour later it is working completely intoxicated. We have just ordered some CBD oil and hope this works the same way. Like you I don't know if the CBD oil will work the same way so it would be good to get some advise too.

Good luck to your friend.

ECtraveler

Veteran
I give my material to someone to make my tinctures for me so I've never done it personally but I've had tinctures and RSO made from every form of cannabis there is.

I personally prefer Olive Oil over Coconut Oil because it seems to store better. I actually have 2 different formulations (both 4:1) I get made for my dad (he has cancer). One is an alcohol based tincture that he puts into a drink twice a day and the other is a olive oil RSO that he applies under his tongue for instant relief when his digestive system goes into convulsions.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i've heard good things about ethanol extractions aka QWET.

here's greywolf's tutorial to get you started.

also i heard it mentioned on the adam dunn show that ethanol is an ideal solvent for cbd. i can't recall the name of the speaker but i'm pretty sure it was in one of those "all about CBD" episodes.

Mr.Canndahar

Is it an ethanol or BHO extraction? Make sure to check the polarity of the substances in your solution. For instance, since butane and butane solvents are non-polar they will not dissolve readily into ethanol. Beware!

vapeking

I have some cbd oil from co2 extraction, so i just blend it with olive oil or coconut oil? Thanks for all the input. Fuck Cancer!!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
oh i didn't realize you already had the product.

purely anecdotal: but when i had co2 oil in CA i was eating it straight from the vial with good success. i would dip a toothpick in there and then chew on the toothpick until all the hash was gone. it had a strong but pleasant herbal flavor similar to a ricola throat lozenge or something.

vapeking

Interesting. could i just dissolve and homogenize with coconut oil or olive oil with a dropper applicator? I would test the pure oil and depending on initial strength say 70% add the coconut oil at the volume to say bring it to 30%? Would this work? Or say add 20 mL of cannabis oil to 20mL of coconut oil, to bring the 70% to 35%? 1:1 ratio?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
sorry vk couldn't tell you about dissolving the co2 oil into the edible oils, having never tried it myself.

I do make badkat's canna caps with dry sift and bubble but I've heard isolated trichome heads may not contain the majority of cbd in a given plant, as cbd may be located in the plant tissue. sorry I have no citations, again I heard this on that podcast I referenced in my earlier post.

as far as THC coconut oil is the ideal carrier IME. it is solid over 76*F tho so it may not be convenient for the dropper method.

easydanks

Hi head blunts,i have some nice dry sift here,and want to make some canna caps,iv'e done it with bud before,but never with dry sift,how,and when do you add the the sift,will it burn if added to the heated up oil?or do you just add it once the oil is cooled a bit?

jump /injack

Veteran
What other ways can refined CBD oil be used instead of inhallation? A dear friend just got diagnosed with lung cancer. Can you dissolve the honey oil in coconut oil and use as a tincture? I know you would def. have to decarboxylate the oil, but that's all i can think of. Any suggestions?

I had lung cancer and this is what I did and do: I do an alcohol extraction of a high CBD flower, get as much alcohol out of if as you can and then vaporize it to get the CBD as close to the 'problem' area as you can, don't burn it but vaporize it, don't compound the problem with a carcinogenic. I had an operation to have the cancer removed, this was about 5 years ago, no recurrence so far. I will be using a plant called AC/DC and will also get the one called Harlequin for a change up. Personally I would use a tincture on a skin cancer, where you can rub it on, I use tinctures for arthritis, a friend who has Padgett's disease in the bones of his thighs use's tinctures, brownies and sub-lingual as well as smokes [bad doggy] it. Sometimes when I don't have an extraction handy I will just vaporize the flower. Gray Wolf and jump117 has these alcohol extractions down very well https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=31 Check them out in the stickies. For the extractions I use 190 proof grain alcohol.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
easy ---check out badkat's cannapharm. best edibles tutorial out there IMO. first post has very detailed instructions on decarbing hash and blending it with food grade oils.

jump---way to kick camcer's ass! may your health and happiness continue! have you tried including thc in your regimen? I love CBD and I have CBD heavy selections from sin city's ACDC s1 and the harlequin x ACDC (r), but THC is very effective in fighting cancer, and you may be doing yourself a disservice by excluding it.

I don't mean to imply your CBD experiences are invalid, clearly they are not! I just have been hearing so much misrepresented information on CBD, especially CBD and cancer, that I had to take this opportunity to speak up for the therapeutic importance of good old THC.

:tiphat:

DemonTrich

Veteran
I made some cbd bho infused coconut oil for apatient who was getting his wisdom teeth removed and couldn't smoke. 3g of cbd bho decarbed, then in a triple broiler (pot/water/metal bowl/water/shot glass with bho and coconut oil. 140* for 35 mins and mix well.

3g bho to 36 ml of coconut oil = 1ml dosing. he bumped it to 1.5 and was feeling great. but he went thru all 36ml in 2 days but never took a pain pill until the tincture ran out so I made more for him, but with gorilla glue.

jump /injack

Veteran
Heady blunts, greetings!

"jump---way to kick camcer's ass! may your health and happiness continue! have you tried including thc in your regimen? I love CBD and I have CBD heavy selections from sin city's ACDC s1 and the harlequin x ACDC (r), but THC is very effective in fighting cancer, and you may be doing yourself a disservice by excluding it.

I don't mean to imply your CBD experiences are invalid, clearly they are not! I just have been hearing so much misrepresented information on CBD, especially CBD and cancer, that I had to take this opportunity to speak up for the therapeutic importance of good old THC. "

I do include THC in my regimen, I have no idea of how to extract CBD, its usually such a tiny bit in the makeup of cannabis, wouldn't have the foggiest idea on how to extract just that. I just saw some prices on it in another thread, its very expensive: $64,000 a kilo. Not knowing anything about it 6 months ago but trying to get information for my sake and others I know, its really a stumbling in the dark. Just found out a few weeks ago that the local cut of AC/DC is most likely the same as Charlotte's Web. I was perusing a site at Mr. Nice and noticed a YouTube 30 minute vignette from a Q&A by a lady Dr. from Spain that has been working with CBD for a number of years, her degree is not medicine but molecular biology I think it was, it was a two way talk between she and a questioner via the internet, it made me realize that the information that I thought valid might not be, finally the researchers are looking into to this; http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/3-daily-...video-interview-medical-marijuana-cancer.html Might be of interest to you and others. There seems to be a correlation with THC/CBD, its mixtures seem to be used for different afflictions, she wouldn't go into dosages since that is the field of Medical Doctors which she was not. How do you figure out how to use it? I'm trying to find out how to use it as a preventative for a possible re-occurrence of cancer, on my friend with Padgett's disease it worked but it was seeds bought from Peaks and grown out NL/Skunk, have no idea what percentage if any it has of CBD, THC plenty, he had the first good sleep in months.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
jump---

sorry for the late reply! just saw post #17 now.

i have come across a process for producing a CBD isolate but unfortunately i can't find the paper i'm thinking of. as i remember it, it was an involved chemistry process that required several caustic chemicals and should probably only be attempted in a laboratory setting.

i'm more of a believer in "whole plant" medicine myself. my plan is to find a plant or obtain a cut of something with a very high CBD ratio, at least 20:1. then my simple ethanol extracts will be reliably CBD heavy with marginal THC content.

i have found the thread "high cbd strain lists and descriptions" to be incredibly helpful in my hunt for CBD medicine.

if you're a grower take a chance on some seeds. you can get cannabinoid field test kits now so even if you're in a non-med state with no accesss to lab testing, you can still identify the CBD ratios of your plants.

best of luck!

jump /injack

Veteran
"i'm more of a believer in "whole plant" medicine myself. my plan is to find a plant or obtain a cut of something with a very high CBD ratio, at least 20:1. then my simple ethanol extracts will be reliably CBD heavy with marginal THC content.

i have found the thread "high cbd strain lists and descriptions" to be incredibly helpful in my hunt for CBD medicine.

if you're a grower take a chance on some seeds. you can get cannabinoid field test kits now so even if you're in a non-med state with no accesss to lab testing, you can still identify the CBD ratios of your plants," heady blunts.

I have 3 AC/DC in bloom now and have some Mr. Nice Shark Crew which is a 1: 1 and will be getting some clones of Harlequin soon after the AC/DC is harvested. The Bay Area has most of the plants that are needed for medicinal use and are readily available. It seems to be the symbiotic relationship between THC and CBD that works, just have to find out what the ratio's are. I plan on both vaporizing the flowers and making extracts for ingestion and palliatives. Once extracted and reduced you should be able to take an eye dropper and saturated some cannabis with the high CBD and vape it. Haven't seen anyone that does that but for a lung disease the application of the medicine to the actual [lungs/vapor] spot seems best. Any ideas on this?? I have no idea at this time what the Peaks NL5/Skunk has in the way of CBD but it sold as a plant with medical properties by both Peaks and Mr. Nice. Once you have the CBD oil [I've been using ethanol and CO2 lately] you can mix it with THC oil and make just about any thing you'd like. Most likely once you have something like AC/DC at 20: 1, you wouldn't need anything else except the proper mixture with THC? Sounds easy...has to be something wrong.