What's new

Pet rat with cancer

leyus

Hi all

Very sad news my pet rat have breast cancer. I will do surgery asap but in the meantime I would like to stop it from growing and help him, unfortunately those things grow on rats extremely fast. I have few ounces of weed I got fallowing strains:
Med Gom 1.0 (CBD strain)
Jack Herer
Northern Lights
NL5xHaze
Afghani
Kali Mist
White Rusian
Blue Cheese
Cheese
Arhan's Ultra Haze#1
AK48
White Widow
I also have scissors hash and cannabutter.
It's all very illegal here in UK so I don't have access to any oils or concentrates.

I would like to at least stop cancer from growing and make it easier for her I don't want her to suffer or cause any more damage. If it's incurable condition I will put her down but that won't be known before surgery, no reason to cause suffering. Any advice is welcome.

Can any of this help? What doses? How to use it? Can I make something from it that will help? How to give it to my rat? Orally? Or use on her fur?

leyus

I just gave her 1/4 of a drop of cannabutter. Tomorrow I will try to get her to eat CBD strain bud in the evening.

If someone got more precise doses or any experience I will be happy to hear it. I will report on progress.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Well, suppositories are out. Did she readily eat the cannabutter? If so then that's about as practical a way to get it in her as anything. How did she behave afterwards?

leyus

She seems normal, nothing unusual. She had it on the piece of cheese and she seems to be asking for more xD

leyus

I was trying to give her piece of Med Gom 1.0 but she refused to eat it. But she eat cheese with cannabutter very eagerly so I guess she was fine yesterday. I need to get her on Med Gom 1.0 since it is CBD strain and should work better for her. Any ideas how to get it in her? Maybe firecrackers?

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I was trying to give her piece of Med Gom 1.0 but she refused to eat it. But she eat cheese with cannabutter very eagerly so I guess she was fine yesterday. I need to get her on Med Gom 1.0 since it is CBD strain and should work better for her. Any ideas how to get it in her? Maybe firecrackers?

Make cannabutter out of it. She loves cannabutter on cheese so go with it.

leyus

Pet rats love cheese... leyus plz

She gets cannabutter with cheese xD She loves it xD

Make cannabutter out of it. She loves cannabutter on cheese so go with it.

I have only about half an ounce of Med Gom 1.0 not enough to make cannabutter. Firecrackers should do the work. Rats love peanut butter on cheese too xD

EDIT: She seems to be doing fine, cancer is not growing or growing very slowly so it's not noticeable. That's good result I think.

leyus

Any updates? Tried a long forever flowering equatorial?

long forever flowering equatorial - what's that?

2 days ago she ate only half of what I gave her and she started making weird noises (like throwing up attempt, although rats can't do that but that's how it looked). So yesterday I decided to give her one day off (especially that other rat which is fine ate other half she left) unfortunately this 24 h without it grew cancer quite a lot! So today she got double dose and I think she realized it's good for her cos she ate all, no unusual behavior and she was looking for more.

Except that incident so far she was getting medicine everyday and she seems to be keen to take it and vet told me those things grow on rats extremely fast while here I see almost no grow whatsoever except for yesterday. I am thinking about getting it for her twice a day. I'm not sure will it make any difference since cannabinoids stay in her system for long time anyway.

Anyone have any experience how often should pets get medicine?