What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bipolar disorder

Hmong

Veteran
To sum it up: Bipolar disorder is a serious illness with a high mortality rate from suicide and accidents, not using meds doesn´t make you better than the rest of us it just makes you "crazy".

thats a word

I enjoy how some of you guys, talk that openly abot this issue here.
seeing that I'm not alone with this helps in some way.

Runt

People aren´t (generally) ashamed of diabetes or arthritis so what´s the difference? Living in shame and denial never helped anyone.

40/60 ind/sat are perfect for me. If the THC is over 15% I get anxious (the % is guessing) and paranoid.

Runt

Everyone gone inte depressed mode? :) It´s summer now and the light really effects me, makes me just crazy enough to have fun BUT light cycles can provoke mood swings so I have to be careful.

meadowman

i've been on lamotrigine for a year, best pharm so far. i sweat to much for lith (at work)and OD on it. i make sure i take a few hits before i leave for work, the drive in sets my tone for the day it seems. i mix it up far as indica/sativa depending on my mood. be very cautious of seroquel, shits like kicking dope!

WTFisLoud

A dear friend of mine with who is bipolar swears by Blue Dream; interesting idea to use different strains for the mania & depression stages. Good luck in your search!

pnwmystery

Hate to revive a dead thread, but are there any particular strains that have A) helped you out with bipolar disorder or B) that has helped your patients? A friend of mine recently revealed to me that she suffers from bipolar disorder and that cannabis helps her, but she has mixed reactions and is trying to find a good strain for her.

G.O.T.

This thread is great, more discussion on this topic is needed in society as a whole. I suffer from bipolar as its great to see and hear others. Makes me feel more normal

G.O.T.

strain discussion for both the up and downs would be helpful...

makes sense why I have always loved a heavy kush...

Snype

Veteran

makes sense why I have always loved a heavy kush...

I could be manic today and Chemdog can be helpful but tomorrow I can also be manic and Chemdog can be more hurtful. It's a complicated subject and it may depend on multiple factors. I think it's best to have a lot of strains on hand to test at different times and right down as many things as you can to review later.

pnwmystery

Would you use two different strains for that? When you're down maybe a sativa, when you're on the other end of the manic spectrum do you use the heavy duty kushes like you said? Or if you're really depressed do you use the kushes to just "be numb" and "forget?"

Sorry if you're not super comfortable talking about this! It's weird, I have another friend of mine that I found out is bipolar and he said that only certain types of GSC help him out.

Runt

White Widow is a good strain to wind down on, Auroroa Indica is also OK. I need to start growing again soon as my stash is shrinking, need to see what I have in my seed box. Anyone tried ayahuasca for mental disorders? Sounds interesting.

Dog Star

Veteran
Psylly shrooms are good for depression,

also main thing is good quality food,nothing changes thoughts in positive direction as some good quality organic and healthy food,fruits,veggies.

Dont eat meat from commercial farms or dont eat meat at all,that will help with rage and anxiety as this animals was stressed thru hole life and they are full of adrenaline
that will be consumed by you and then you will feel fear and rage.

60-70% need to be veggies and fruits,cooked or raw combined,eat hole grain cereals for raising a serotonine levels,hemp protein,cold pressed oils,good honey,nuts and other seeded food,use fructose and not sacharose or common white sugar.

Implement probiotics in your diet,best ones i tried was from Austrian V.I.P.,
reason is cause serotonine is produced in your tummy and not your head so there is
huge connection between brain and your tummy...if those connection are not good than
you feel those symphtoms most of you explain here.

My main advice will be to eat good and to try to eat quality food,body activity can also help to stay stabile.

All the best,wish you good health

DS

Latest posts

Latest posts