What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MyDx personal analyser

oldchuck

Veteran
So far, I've been getting wildly inconsistent results. I've been back and forth with then by email. No help so far. I think a little patience is called for. I'm not quite ready to throw it out the window.

StoneyK

Veteran
Gotta be a lil patient its still in beta, that what you guys are for!
Beat it up, the more issues you guys find and note the better it will work in the end asuassuming the dev team takes em to heart.
Snodome you cant get pms, id play with that mydx but I dont really think that your supposed to be slanging em yet but if the mfg is cool with it im down for sure.

audiohi

Veteran
I've been getting 0.000% readings lately. They addressed that in the webinar today, but I was only half paying attention at the time. They did say they are addressing multiple issues in the next software update (unfortunately the app store has a 7 day waiting period for app submissions)

I'm happy so far despite some issues. You guys are exactly right, this is what the beta is for! I'm really hoping this thing delivers

greenpenguin

I've gotten two successful readings so far on some Vitality. But yesterday I tried doing more test and was getting all 0.000% readings. I haven't been able to attend the webinars because they conflict with a meeting i have at work.
It's interesting because we're beta testing but I don't see any forum or system for submitting bug reports or anything. Glad to hear they know about the 0.000% readings thing, have they mentioned about the speed of android app submissions?

SpaceBros.

How's everyone's My Dx going ? I'm very interested in this device but haven't seen anyone post any recent test results over the last few days. Is it still working (albeit a little buggy) or is everyone still just getting zero's across the board ? Seemed to be showing some potential but just gone quite all of a sudden.

oldchuck

Veteran
It's going to take some time, @Space. I suspect they are trying madly to squeeze the bugs out of the software. I'm waiting for an update.

SpaceBros.

It's going to take some time, @Space. I suspect they are trying madly to squeeze the bugs out of the software. I'm waiting for an update.

Yeah I figure that would be the case. But is your analyzer still working now? Any interesting results to post?
Thanks

oldchuck

Veteran
Okay, so I did another test run and nothing has changed. The sensors seem to work. The test runs properly. The app links and runs the analysis. The results can't be right.

Five runs:

1) air. All zeros. Just what it is supposed to read.

2) Blue Dream. 21% THC, .3% CBD Ah maybe it is working right.

3) air. 15% THC. I spoke too soon.

4) My own cross, should read lower THC and higher CBD. All zeros.

5) air. 20% THC.

I'm waiting for better software.

SpaceBros.

I see what you guys mean about the bugs. A lot of variable results there. I hope the guys at CDx life can sort this out soon. Would be a dream tool for the hobby breeder.

SpaceBros.

Same here...... Getting 0.000 results and wasting sample trays sucks to say the least. I just hope washing the trays with oxy clean will salvage them

Could you not simply use the same tray until you get a result ? Or is the sample already vaporized ? I would think soaking in isopropanol or ethanol then allowing to evaporate followed by a good blast with compressed air should do the trick. Maybe suggest to the CDx life team to make re-useable/cleanable glass trays.

Rickys bong

Veteran
I just found this thread looking for threads on analysis.

I'm a bit stunned that anybody can take this seriously. There is zero actual information on how the "sensors" work.
Lots of pretty pictures and links to supposed press but zero actual engineering info or explanations on how the sensors work.

From their "technology" page is the most laughably vague explanation:
1) Testing chamber creates vapor
2)Insulating material expands - "The vapors cause swelling which induce resistance changes."
3)Sensors produce different response patterns

"The vapors cause swelling which induce resistance changes" What utter bullshit.

This is also way too similar to the Tellspec and Gobe analyzer scams that have previously shown up on kickstarter and Indiegogo.

I spent some time looking around their website looking for something factual without any luck. I suspect this is little more than a very fancy random number generator.

RB

SpaceBros.

I just found this thread looking for threads on analysis.

I'm a bit stunned that anybody can take this seriously. There is zero actual information on how the "sensors" work.
Lots of pretty pictures and links to supposed press but zero actual engineering info or explanations on how the sensors work.

From their "technology" page is the most laughably vague explanation:
1) Testing chamber creates vapor
2)Insulating material expands - "The vapors cause swelling which induce resistance changes."
3)Sensors produce different response patterns

"The vapors cause swelling which induce resistance changes" What utter bullshit.

Don't worry RB the technology you dismiss as utter bullshit is very real and is as described above by the CDx life team. It's more a question if they have successfully implemented that technology and if it can do what they advertise. There's no need to bash a technology because you can't understand how it works ;) I'm sure if you were to e-mail CDx life they would be more then happy to explain it to you in laymans terms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_nose

http://research.ece.ncsu.edu/bmil/projects/an-overview-of-electronic-nose-technology/

http://nsl.caltech.edu/research:nose

http://www.ipcbee.com/vol65/008-ICFEB2014-N3002.pdf

Rickys bong

Veteran
If it was real they would or could explain how it works. Yet all they have published is some vague reference to detecting molecules in vapor. Other posts have referenced machine learning algorithms that match strains.

There's some pictures of the "sensor" that seem to show 16 separate sensors yet not a single technical explanation on how it works.
If it was actually a semiconductor sensor tuned to individual molecules then it would work for concentrates.
The picture of the sensor also shows text that states its use is subject to US patents. Yet there are no patent numbers and no patents or patent applications show up in the USPTO database.

The quantification of THC is even more strange. Audiohi reported 25% thc from a measurement of air... I've seen reference to needing to place a single milligram in the sample chamber. One milligram? Seriously?

I'd be swayed if there was a single credible review or explanation on how this works. I will email them and see what comes back.

StoneyK

Veteran
Good luck with that, I found it frustrating. I got very few real answers an what was clearly a sales pitch from a guy that knew NOTHING about our industry.
This product was rushed to market AT BEST, an now it seems to be completely worthless...
How in the hell you gonna release a tester with 30% variance when everything is in that range? Greedy fucks I hope they crash an burn.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
yall can be the guinea pigs...let me know if it ever works....I don't hop on the train till I know its gonna go somewhere...yeehaw