What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MyDx personal analyser

oldchuck

Veteran
Hi Oldchuck,

So, what do you thing about the mydx?

Soon, my friend, soon.

I got a note from them yesterday saying, sorry, another delay. Now it's the end of February for delivery.

However, after we do the beta testing they have promised us a free commercial upgrade unit. Air, though, so far.

oldchuck

Veteran
@mccleud they pushed back the delivery date again, now it is the end of February. Not happy about it.

audiohi

Veteran
The last kickstarter that I contributed to was delivered 9 months late. It's a great product though. Just for some perspective...

audiohi

Veteran
So after the beta testers webinar today covering the basics on testing and software use, I'm pretty excited to get this thing and start testing!

They took some questions while also discussing it's current capabilities, future plans, as well as it's limitations. I think they did a pretty good job setting up expectations for the testers, and they made it very clear that certain functions aren't fully functional or at all functional yet. The overall profile is accurate and they continue to improve on that. I believe they said they're currently reporting 11 terpenes while still retaining the data collected from sampling. As they add the algorithms for additional results they will become available. Sadly, CBD's are not being outputted correctly. They are working on that and need more samples for testing. Acids will also be reported in the future.

One main point they touched on repeatedly is that you should expect strains to not match their database every time. Some may, but the differences could be too large to match. As the community database grows, so will that feature. They talked about their capabilities for linking dispensaries to specific profiles so you can always find what strains work best for you. They're working with weedmaps with that whole end apparently.

The testing tray is an intended one time use product. They candidly said they want you to buy more from a business standpoint, but the reality is that there exists potential for contamination. That being said... they can be cleaned and reused if you wanted to do that.

Oils and waxes can be tested and saved for future output, but currently it won't display properly. Once they've done more testing and added the algorithm, that will be possible. With that, they suggest using a tiny amount from a toothpick to avoid any liquid contamination of the device. That should be enough give you a reading.

Pesticides and molds will be added when the organa sensor becomes available. Currently, it has a UV light for visual mold inspection, but they realize that isn't ideal. By release they expect a better solution.

Devices should be in the testers hands by Feb. 28

I think that's all I can remember at the moment

JointOperation

sounds like its not going to work nearly as well as we would hope.. but it should help point people in the right direction for choosing keepers.. and breeding plants..

ZIO GREEN

OUTLAW
Veteran
Sorry, but if this analyzer is based on the algorithms of existing strains, what happen if I analyze one strain created by me (for example with rare-non commercial strains) not present in the database ???

audiohi

Veteran
It gives you a profile of the compounds it detects which you can then add your database. From there, you can then add your own personal data for that particular strain so that you can remember what works for you. That info can be shared to the community database also.

vapor

Veteran
I got one on order and i have a bunch of strains i know will not be common should be interesting. Honestly i can see this being a good tool for growing lots of seed and choosing.......

OpenSourceHort

Mine has shipped. Expect it on Tuesday.

looking forward to hearing how your unit performs. i really want to believe in the technology, but seems very hype-centric atm.

every analytical chemist i've asked about this technology (those both in the industry and those not) has said the tech sounds suspect, especially in the absence of a working demonstration.

oldchuck

Veteran
It Arrived. Now I have to figure out how to use it. Doesn't look too hard.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

audiohi

Veteran
I'm having trouble getting mine to run a full test. It says 3 - 5 minutes. Mine takes 20 seconds and gives me a generic result. How is yours working oldchuck?

oldchuck

Veteran
Same. The Bluetooth is not pairing properly. I'm charging the battery. I sent them a note. We'll see.

audiohi

Veteran
Never mind. I was in simulation mode. Under settings > usage data > Do you have a MyDx? I was set to NO. On with the testing!

Latest posts

Latest posts