What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rick Simpson's Hemp Oil

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
From Wikipedia:

Hexane is an alkane hydrocarbon with the chemical formula CH3(CH2)4CH3 or C6H14. The "hex" prefix refers to its six carbons, while the "ane" ending indicates that its carbons are connected by single bonds. Hexane isomers are largely unreactive, and are frequently used as an inert solvent in organic reactions because they are very non-polar. They are also common constituents of gasoline and glues used for shoes, leather products, and roofing. Additionally, it is used in solvents to extract oils for cooking and as a cleansing agent for shoe, furniture and textile manufacturing. In laboratories, hexane is used to extract oil and grease from water and soil before determination by gravimetric analysis or gas chromatography[2].

The acute toxicity of hexane is relatively low, although it is a mild anesthetic. Inhalation of high concentrations produces first a state of mild euphoria, followed by somnolence with headaches and nausea.

Chronic intoxication from hexane has been observed in recreational solvent abusers and in workers in the shoe manufacturing, furniture restoration and automobile construction industries. The initial symptoms are tingling and cramps in the arms and legs, followed by general muscular weakness. In severe cases, atrophy of the skeletal muscles is observed, along with a loss of coordination and problems of vision.

The neuropathic toxicity of n-hexane in humans is well known[4] ; cases of polyneuropathy have typically occurred in humans chronically exposed to levels of n-hexane ranging from 400 to 600 ppm, with occasional exposures up to 2,500 ppm.

Similar symptoms are observed in animal models. They are associated with a degeneration of the peripheral nervous system (and eventually the central nervous system), starting with the distal portions of the longer and wider nerve axons. The toxicity is not due to hexane itself but to one of its metabolites, hexane-2,5-dione. It is believed that this reacts with the amino group of the side chain of lysine residues in proteins, causing cross-linking and a loss of protein function.

The effects of hexane poisoning in humans are uncertain. In 1994, n-hexane was included in the list of chemicals on the Toxic Release Inventory (TRI).[5] In the latter part of the 20th and early part of the 21st centuries, a number of explosions have been attributed to the combustion of hexane gas. In 2001, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency issued regulations on the control of emissions of hexane gas due to its potential carcinogenic properties and environmental concerns.[6]
[edit] Extraction of vegetable oils

Concerns about n-hexane's toxicity have lead to efforts to find new solvents for lipid extraction for food oils; a process for which hexane's use was ubiquitous.[7] Isohexane is a favoured replacement.[8]

danut

In the Run From the Cure video, Rick provides a valuable clue:

The solvent boils at a temperature much lower than that of water.

Payaso

Veteran
Thanks for the update danut...chemistry is a very interesting science.

I just have to wonder why folks insist on using this type of solvent instead of alcohol, which is not nearly so toxic, is easily available, and easy to work with?

What do you think?

danut

From Wikipedia:
Concerns about n-hexane's toxicity have lead to efforts to find new solvents for lipid extraction for food oils; a process for which hexane's use was ubiquitous.[7] Isohexane is a favoured replacement.[8]
Thanks for posting that.

If someone is concerned about people being exposed to naphtha, then start picketing the supermarkets.

In the meanwhile, in this context, we are talking about a limited term exposure of very minute amounts.

If I could find a source for iso-heptane, I would use it based on what you posted.

Payaso

Veteran
Well, there are a zillion reasons to be picketing the supermarkets... but back to the question at hand that I have been wondering for several years...

Why not use alcohol as the solvent???

Who can answer this question and back it up with some science?

Thanks!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Here Jack Herer and others in Lake County have been making and using a variation with 100% grain alcohol as the distillant. They swear by it's efficacy.
That's what I was looking for! Thank you. :D

Do you happen to have a link where any of it is documented?

danut

Thanks for the update danut...chemistry is a very interesting science.

I just have to wonder why folks insist on using this type of solvent instead of alcohol, which is not nearly so toxic, is easily available, and easy to work with?

What do you think?
In this context, (Rick Simpson) the first order of business is to reproduce what he did.

Only then, start to "improve" on the procedure.

Use whatever method and/or solvents you wish to. But don't think that you are reproducing his work.

I use 99% iso. But only because I haven't run into a source for the N-hexyl naphtha.

I've been working with two cancer patients that are being monitored by doctors.

Both patients have had their cancers reduce in size.

In both cases the patients stopped consumption of the oil.

One patient just died. The other may not have long.

This second patient has the same kind of cancer that killed Ted K. just a short time ago.

Again .. the target is to keep this man alive. Once the first one is kept alive then will be the time to "improve" the method.

Rick Simpsons work MUST be replicated.

I've watched his documentary and I Think what he did is commendable but I don't agree with calling it hemp oil.. it's hash oil, simple enough to make, plenty of people on this forum know the ins and outs of making hash oil.

payaso talked about canola oil but it's unrelated, although hemp seed oil would be good nutrition for anyone fighting cancer what is at work here is hash oil.

danut

Can you provide a little bit more detail as to why they stopped?
With the patient that died:

He had a very rapid heart rate that they couldn't get under control. They thought it was the direct response of his body to high quantities of marijuana. And I couldn't disagree.

I had been trying to find someone that I could work out an exchange of some great Free Lenard for some material that would cause couch lock.

Something that would have a probability of having a higher CBD content with little or no THCV.

Not something that can be advertised. Even if someones life counts on it.

The patient that is still alive has also had complications. Blood clots in the lungs. They have him on blood thinners to try to get the clots down. I was asked about counter indications between the oil and these thinners. At first I thought no problem. Then someone mentioned interactions between these thinners and vegetable matter. I had to tell them there was a potential problem because of this.

This second patient has no ability to purchase source material. All of the material for his medicine comes from scrap donations.

I'm working at getting growers to donate bud for his project. More from bud then from veg matter to lower toe potential of bad interactions with the thinners.

Rick Simpson is positive that the medicines that the doctors give people fight against the hemp oil. I'm leaning more and more in that direction myself.

If I can compile more cases with the hemp oil that there is indication it is functioning then we can work at getting these doctors to see the oil as the primary medicine that might be supported by some of their current medicines.

There are times when regular cancer medicines can support eht effects of the cannabis extracts.

danut

Actually, it's Cannabis Oil. I certainly wouldn't call it hash oil as nobody I know would smoke that crap. Disguuuuuuusting! I'll eat it though, no problem.
I continue to call it hemp oil. I know that from a recreational point of view it is simply another hash oil.

My fear is that there is something just a little different that Rick did that causes some small reaction that produces a super cancer killer.

Rick claims that the entire cancer killing ability of the hemp oil is from THC. I don't believe this to be the case.

For instance, I know that CBD has a much stronger anti cancer ability than THC.

The only test that Rick uses for his source material is "does it make you sleepy?" If it does then it'll make good oil.

danut

Here is a couple of posts from another forum. I won't provide a like as people here don't like promotion of other sites:

last july he was wheeled out of hospital in a wheelchair out of the game and told to go home and basically die.
he has since been taking the oil and zeolite and a healthy diet with a number of other supplements and he has gone from being literally bed bound to walking round the house no problem,he has even been on three short trips out now too.
he says his head no longer feels fuzzy and his muscles that were wasting are beginning to develop again.
he's due another scan in october and his wife says she can't wait!! she's really excited ,she thinks there is no way the results can be bad when he has made such brilliant progress.
he has had 40 grams of the 60 gram treatment and has been taking it at 1 gram a day as advised.
this is brilliant news....i'm so happy for them.

also found out that dad hasn't been taking any blood pressure meds at all in the last week so the oil is taking care of that now! i hope to get him off the insulin one day too and of course the dreaded chemo.
they are giving him 2 more cycles and then they are gonna do a scan.they said if there's no improvement then they won't continue and in a weird way i'm kinda hoping there isn't??? it means we can get oil alone into him at a good dosage and without it having to deal with the chemo as well as the disease!!
have a small update on dad!!
he went for chemo yesterday and his white cell count was down so they have put off treatment til it comes back up?
a cousin came home from italy on sunday and she said he looks better than she's seen him for a long time!! his colour is back and his appetite was good?
this is great news cos this chemo was supposed to floor him.....thank god for hemp oil!! he's still off the BP meds and having no issues at all with his blood pressure!
looks to me like the oil if nothing else IS saving him from the poisins!!!
i just had news from maria as well......her brother in law is doing loads better too!!
he is back at work and the seizures he was experiencing every day are lessening ...she said he feels much more "clever",but that he is scared to go for an mri.
i'm sure given time to adjust he will pluck up the courage as its the only way to be sure the oil is working.....he is on 1 1/2 grams a day and it would seem to be at least helping keep the seizures under control enough for him to goback to work!!!

just brilliant!! i love,love,love positive news!!!

danut

Source strain, stage of harvest, which parts of the plant, nutes used ..

Variables in the nature of source material being used.

Process method .. another variable.

You can't just smoke a joint and make the cancer go away.

What was Rick Simpson doing that was right?

what did he do that was right? I'Ve seen his video and couldn't find cancer patients cured by massive doses of 'hemp oil' with no testing lab I don't think this is the right way to go.

I did see some using his oil for painkilling properties and skin cancer.

I also don't believe thc is the best anti cancer cannabinoid, cbd probably has better cancer fighting qualities

Payaso

Veteran
Whatever you want to call it, no matter how you extract it, the oil from cannabis has amazing healing powers. It can extend your life, but nothing can prevent death.

Cannabis has amazing properties, no matter how it may be used.

It will stimulate the appetite of a sick person so they get enough nutrition to survive.

As stated almost everywhere, cannabis shrinks tumors.

Using cannabis leads to a good mood and that leads to an improvement in health overall.

Best of all, cannabis can safely replace many prescription drugs in your medicine cabinet.

But most importantly, cannabis is safe.

Thousands of years of use as medicine flies in the face of any modern day 'scientific' adviser.

The sheer fact of the matter is that because of its ongoing repression, cannabis has yet to be studied as the medicine it truly is by the scientific community at large.

One reason being that the pharmaceutical companies won't invest in it unless they can tax, regulate and control it's use.

And that is something we truly do not wish upon anyone.

K

Kola Radical

I don't think there's anything special about his oil. He doesn't add anything to it other than cannabis.

Just take as much hash oil as you can. Smoking is not enough. You have to eat a lot of it to get the medical benefits. It has been a miracle cure for me and I take multiple grams per day when I can get it. Of course I make my own, but it's hard to keep enough supply even for one person.

I am not sure whether indica or sativa is best.. I just use it all. I make it with Everclear, sometimes olive oil, sometimes glycerine. I've made it with Iso before, but I like the grain alcohol better. If I'm out of oil and alcohol, I'll eat a bud right off the plant if it's close enough to harvest.

Modern medicine tried to kill me, but I pulled the ole switcharoo on 'em. Not only do I know more about my illness than most doctors, but I know which suppliments help and which to stay away from and I can tell you that cannabis goes with anything. There are no drug interactions with cannabis. Just go for it. Cure yourself!

danut

If what you are doing is killing cancer, then I'd like to know more.

It is very good to see people talking about positive benefits of cannabis consumption.

I don't think there's anything special about his oil. He doesn't add anything to it other than cannabis.

Just take as much hash oil as you can. Smoking is not enough. You have to eat a lot of it to get the medical benefits. It has been a miracle cure for me and I take multiple grams per day when I can get it. Of course I make my own, but it's hard to keep enough supply even for one person.

I am not sure whether indica or sativa is best.. I just use it all. I make it with Everclear, sometimes olive oil, sometimes glycerine. I've made it with Iso before, but I like the grain alcohol better. If I'm out of oil and alcohol, I'll eat a bud right off the plant if it's close enough to harvest.

Modern medicine tried to kill me, but I pulled the ole switcharoo on 'em. Not only do I know more about my illness than most doctors, but I know which suppliments help and which to stay away from and I can tell you that cannabis goes with anything. There are no drug interactions with cannabis. Just go for it. Cure yourself!

danut

I'Ve seen his video and couldn't find cancer patients cured by massive doses of 'hemp oil' with no testing lab I don't think this is the right way to go.
It sounds like you saw part one of 7.

In part four he shows step by step his extraction process.

In part five he introduces you to former terminal cancer patients that are now cancer free.

Would you like the home phone number of Jim LeBlanc? He is now cancer free and back to work.

Latest posts

Latest posts