What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rick Simpson's Hemp Oil

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I havent noticed any mention of Rick Simpson's "Run From the Cure" & more recently his videos "Crush Cancer with Hemp and Truth" that are posted on YouTube. To me, this seems like a cannabinoids substance that just about everyone can benefit from. The testimonies from people that benefited from the use of the Rick Simpson's Hemp Oil are very moving. Have a look at the videos and decide for yourself. I, personally, believe the results he is achieving. Spread the word! Peace.

E

EllieGrows

Ive heard some great things about his oil, however I am weary of anything people called a panacea. My approach to wellness involves the mind and the body.

Be well friends.

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good intentions too bad he uses a toxic ingredient to make his oil

Marco

Marco, He recommends using IPA. Doesnt that stuff evaporate, using the method that he does? Is there another way to make this type of healing oil, without using the "toxic ingredient"?
I would think that using Rick Simpson's Hemp Oil, even with IPA, is far better than using pharmaceuticals, for your health. Or am I seeing this wrong? Thank you for your input. Peace.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I would think that using Rick Simpson's Hemp Oil, even with IPA, is far better than using pharmaceuticals, for your health. Or am I seeing this wrong? Thank you for your input. Peace.
Does he still say that you can do it with alcohol? Would like to know if it's just as effective when canna-ethanol is used for the process.

As for it being a panacea, it's closer to a miracle herb than anything I've ever experienced in my life. Absolutely amazing what it does when concentrated and ingested regularly.

Works so well that getting myself set up with a steady supply of pills is my main focus and has been for the last year.

You'll have to experience it for yourself; having one plant make life bearable again (when all the chemicals just made it worse) is indescribable. I'm pretty messed up though so.... YMMV. :D

Last edited:

Marco Renda

Marco, He recommends using IPA. Doesnt that stuff evaporate, using the method that he does? Is there another way to make this type of healing oil, without using the "toxic ingredient"?

I thought that he was using NAPTHA sorry for the spelling.

IPA just doesn't evaporate you need to add heat just like you would when making honey oil.

The best and most healthy method is ice water extraction.

The best Ice Water extraction comes from FRESHLY HARVESTED plants and NOT plants that have been dried

Take Care and Peace
Marco

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Thanks for the clarification Marco.

Naptha is a highly toxic chemical and I doubt it ever evaporates 100% from the end product. Some scientific testing is required to prove this concoction is not toxic...at least to me.

Here Jack Herer and others in Lake County have been making and using a variation with 100% grain alcohol as the distillant. They swear by it's efficacy.

quadracer

There is no cure for death. Don't trust a panacea.

Easing suffering in the transition to death is important, and the oil does that. But I'd be weary of any claims to cures. Like I said, there is no cure for death.

WokkaWokka!

Obviously, there is a difference between cancer and death. Cancer does not always mean death.

Today I heard from my dad about a relative of a friend in the northwest who is dying of cancer at age 34. I would never bring up "dope" in conversation but I said well this guy Rick Simpson is curing cancer by saturating the body with cannabinoids and antioxidants. The only thing standing between a possible cure (at very least a 100fold improvement in life quality) and the death of a 34 year old person is the closed-mindedness of religious conservatism.

He said 'well the cost of living is death' and I said BULLSHIT. The christian do nothing, rollover and passively die mentality is bullshit.

The cost of death is living again, while if we actually live then death sets our souls free. He had it backwards.

danut

I thought that he was using NAPTHA sorry for the spelling.

IPA just doesn't evaporate you need to add heat just like you would when making honey oil.

The best and most healthy method is ice water extraction.

The best Ice Water extraction comes from FRESHLY HARVESTED plants and NOT plants that have been dried

Take Care and Peace
Marco
Ice water extraction would produce the least effective extract for this method of consumption.

The majority of the THC would be in the inactive form.

If you were lucky enough to have a source material with a measurable amount of CBD, this extraction method would insure that the CBD would have absoloutly zero anti-cancer effects.

According to medical studies.

Ice water extraction would completely waste every bit of CBD.

Marco Renda

Ice water extraction would produce the least effective extract for this method of consumption.

The majority of the THC would be in the inactive form.

If you were lucky enough to have a source material with a measurable amount of CBD, this extraction method would insure that the CBD would have absoloutly zero anti-cancer effects.

According to medical studies.

Ice water extraction would completely waste every bit of CBD.

Do you have any scientific proof? The reason I ask is that I get the medicinal effect from ice water extraction. Now if you are taking about using more than 1 bag to filter then YES you do loose quite a bit of medicine. I am not a fan of multibag ice water extraction systems

Take Care and Peace
Marco

danut

Thanks for the clarification Marco.

Naptha is a highly toxic chemical and I doubt it ever evaporates 100% from the end product. Some scientific testing is required to prove this concoction is not toxic...at least to me.

Here Jack Herer and others in Lake County have been making and using a variation with 100% grain alcohol as the distillant. They swear by it's efficacy.
The majority of canola oil is made with a naphtha extraction process.

Rick never says which naphtha he is using.

If possible, you would want to use "food grade" naphtha for the Simpson extraction process. That is, the same solvent used to produce the canola oil sold everywhere for human consumption.

danut

Do you have any scientific proof? The reason I ask is that I get the medicinal effect from ice water extraction. Now if you are taking about using more than 1 bag to filter then YES you do loose quite a bit of medicine. I am not a fan of multibag ice water extraction systems

Take Care and Peace
Marco
The very first post on this thread:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=136435

Has a report linked at the bottom of the post.

Look for the pie chart in the report. You will notice the medical benefits of several cannabinoids.

One on the chart is CBD. Another is CBDA. CBDA is the form that exists in the plant before it is heated.

When heated the CBDA dumps a CO2 and becomes CBD.

In the text just above the pie chart, you see a section about cancer.

In testing CBD has the strongest anti cancer activity of the cannabinoids tested. Including stronger than THC.

danut

Dosege levels to achieve anti cancer effects have been shown to be about 1200 mg per day for a 100 kg person.

The great majority of marijuana consumers never get to those levels. And if they do they do not maintain those levels for extended periods of time.

With the Rick Simpson consumption method you have the active forms of both THC and CBD as well as a dosage level that scientific studies indicate may be effective chemotherapy dosages.

danut

I was at Swampy's funeral yesterday.

Thank you for sending him a vaporizer.

The doctors had told swampy that he must discontinue marijuana consumption.

IMHO forcing Swampy to discontinue marijuana consumption contributed to his death.

As you know, Swampy had been told that he had 90 days to live. Twelve years ago.

The doctors warned Swampy that the chemo for cancer might cause the Hep-C to return in force.

After the first round of chemo a reduction in cancer size was noted. When I visited with him only a day or two before he passed, I could see that his adam's apple was back to where it was supposed to be. Before he started an oil program, it was pushed to one side from the cancer pushing up into the neck area.

This was after just one round of chemo. With just the starting doses of the chemo.

I would not expect to see such great results with just the first round of chemo.

Anyway .. His liver and kidney's failed. They took away the medicine that was keeping him alive and gave him medicine that killed him.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Went online to find out how Canola Oil is made, and found the following info:

Things You'll Need:

* Canola seeds
* Source of heat
* Receptacle for produced oil
* Grain dryer unit
* Cast iron rolls with scrapers
* Stacked oven with five to eight steam-heated tray bottoms
* Screw press or expellar
* 1 g hexane/100 g canola flakes (for Hexane extraction)

Step 1

Precondition the seeds with a grain dryer unit for direct heating. Spread the canola seeds evenly on the grain dryer unit. Remove the cooling section from the grain dryer unit, and apply gentle heat over 30-45 minutes at 86 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit for uniform heating. Due to the often cold temperatures in which canola is grown it was found that preconditioning or heating the seed produced much better oil extraction conditions.
Step 2

Roll or flake the seeds. To extract the oil the cell walls within the seed must be ruptured to allow the lipids to migrate to the outer layer and thus be extracted. Roll the preheated seed or flake between two smooth cast-iron rolls. The rolls should be between 500 to 800 mm diameter and 1,000 to 1,500 mm long. The rolls rotate with one operating at a higher frequency than others allowing abrasion between the roll surfaces which allows the seeds to be sheared as they pass through. The rolls should be equipped with scrapers to prevent the seeds from sticking.
Step 3

Cook the canola flakes in a stacked oven with five to eight steam-heated tray bottoms. The oven should be equipped with a rotating arm just above each tray for stirring as well as a chute mechanism which allows flakes to pass between layers allowing seeds to heat evenly. The cooking process should take place at controlled temperatures between 100 and 140 degrees F.
Step 4

Press the seeds until cake fragments form. This should be done in either screw presses or expellars, which are mechanized machines for crushing. This method reduces the lipid content from 42 percent to between 16 to 20 percent. Screw pressing or expelling also condenses the seeds into a dense substance known as "cake fragments."
Step 5

Extract the oil from the cake fragments using hexane extraction or cold pressing. The hexane extraction process involves maximizing contact between the cake fragments and hexane (0.12 percent hexane concentration -- 1 g hexane/100 g flakes -- and incubation for 12 hours at 122 degrees F) through a series of soakings or washings. This is the common method of oil extraction and is used to supply the bulk of canola oil in the marketplace.
Step 6

Extract the oil from the cake fragments using cold (expellar) pressing. This is the mechanical pressing of the cake, again using screw presses or expellars which mechanically crush the cake fragments. This crushing is done at a slow pace to avoid raising temperatures. This process produces a lower yield of oil, typically 75 to 85 percent. Its cost is usually higher and and it has a stronger smell and flavor. A commercial oil expellar has a production capacity of 300 kilos per hour of raw material.

Next: What is Hexane?

danut

* 1 g hexane/100 g canola flakes (for Hexane extraction)
What is Hexane?
Hexane is another name for N-Hexyl Naphtha.

Or I should say that N-Hexyl Naphtha is another name for Hexane.

This is a straight chain hydrocarbon that has six carbons in the chain.
Heptane is a chain of seven carbon and Octane has eight.

Each carbon that you add raises the temperature at which the hydrocarbon boils.

Naphtha is a generic term that includes many many different hydrocarbons.

Latest posts

Latest posts