What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil's haze x Panama, Purple Satellite, Honduran x Panama, OTH Outdoors/Greenhouse

SolarLogos

My seeds arrived today, thank you Ace; I cannot express how greatful I am, honored yet humbled to be blessed with these outstanding genetics.

I have 5 OTH out of the ground and sporting their first 3 fingered leaves. I just planted 2 Nevil's Haze x Panama Goddess, 3 Purple Satellite, and 3 Honduran x Panama Goddess.

I started the OTH in small yogurt cups but the roots were already coming out. Instead of coco/perlite as I had started doing with the OTH, I am now using Dubi's recipe of good quality peat, 10% Worm castings and a fistful of bat guano per 7 liters.

It's going to be a blessed 2019, I can already tell.
Peace, God bless

Last edited:

YukonKronic

Sweeeet. I'll keep ya company buddy! Ballin lineup. Im stoked about every seed your popping... I have some mal x pan at about five weeks flower right now and I already love the Panama influences in every plant... they make such beautiful snowy white pistils!

I also believe you are about to have a wonferdul year:biggrin:

SolarLogos

Sweeeet. I'll keep ya company buddy! Ballin lineup. Im stoked about every seed your popping... I have some mal x pan at about five weeks flower right now and I already love the Panama influences in every plant... they make such beautiful snowy white pistils!

I also believe you are about to have a wonferdul year
biggrin.gif

Thanks Yukon, it's going to be fun. I just wished we didn't have plant limits, because I really wanted to pop a lot more seeds. I have panama standard that I wanted to grow next to these panama crosses, but they will have to wait for next season.

Subbed.
Looking forward to the grow!
Thanks for sitting in Azure. If I can get a couple of plants the size you did last season I will be one happy grower.

I'm glad to have you and Yukon around for this grow, it should be a little more challenging than last years and I think OTH is going to be a lesson in patience. Something the Revverend said to me, "watch and see where they take you." That's good advice. Too long have I been in the drivers seat, I'm going to let the OTH just do it's thing and see where we go. Should be fun.

Peace, God bless

orfeas

Veteran
G' day Logos!
stoked too about that exquisite line up you got going, particularly the OTH for I ventured growing it last summer when alas they had only made it to late August before they got ripped...
Not that I stood much of a chance to see them finish @ 40 N ... So this time I'm planning to sow them in the dirt mid-late August and bring them into my den around autumn equinox and let them do their thing till Xmass, hopefully... so lead me on mate! :)

:tiphat:orfeas

SolarLogos

G' day Logos!
stoked too about that exquisite line up you got going, particularly the OTH for I ventured growing it last summer when alas they had only made it to late August before they got ripped...
Not that I stood much of a chance to see them finish @ 40 N ... So this time I'm planning to sow them in the dirt mid-late August and bring them into my den around autumn equinox and let them do their thing till Xmass, hopefully... so lead me on mate! :)

:tiphat:orfeas
Welcome Orfeas, glad you could stop by. If Tangwena shows up, we will really have a party going.

Everyone on the Ace forum grew so many amazing plants last year. With all the new catalog gear, as well as the R&D section, 2019 will be a season to remember. I'm super excited to see all the new grow reports this year, and smoke reports!
I'm looking forward to your grows this year as well, they never disappoint.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

I'm looking forward to seeing your Purple Satellite!
Thanks squatty. I'm pretty excited to see these come up. I really wanted to plant more than just 3 seeds, but with plant limits I have to be careful.

Being that these are F1, it will be interesting to see how stable they are, or if there will be a few different pheno types, maybe Oaxaca leaning or Nepalese leaning hybrids which would be kind of nice testing each one out :biggrin:
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi SolarLogos :)

I'm the one who must thank you for supporting our work again!
Looks like you are going to be deep into Panama and Haze genetics in the upcoming months :D Best wishes for the outdoor season!

SolarLogos

I have the 5 OTH, 4 Purple satellite, 1 Nevils haze x panama and 2 honduran x panama out of the ground. The other NHxP and HxP just poked their heads out of the ground today, so tomorrow I will get those two out to the greenhouse to get acclimated to the natural light cycle right away. The OTH is sure stretching quick. I hope it slows down, we have a long ways to go.

I will update when there is more.

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Since some of these strains come from the R&D section at Ace, I will try to give as much information as possible, hopefully it will be helpful to someone.
As of today, the plants in the greenhouse are receiving, as of this update:
Daylight hours: 13 hours, 2 minutes.
RH: 99% at night, 22% daytime. There is a fan moving air and window in the greenhouse open for air exchange. Haven't used the dehumidifier this week as it hasn't been raining.
Soil Medium: Peat with 10% worm castings, 3/4 cup bat guano per 7 liters of soil.
Feeding: Only de-chlorinated tap water, no nutrients.
Comments: Seeds were soaked in tap water for 24 hours, then placed in their permanent medium, with food grade plastic wrap under T-8 Flouro tubes until open, then out to the greenhouse to acclimate to the natural light cycles.

Anything else you would like me to report on, please let me know.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

In for the long run :) Wish you the best of luck :tiphat:
Welcome Syd! Glad to have you around and thank you for the kind words my friend. Should be a great ride watching these strains growing up and maturing in nature. I will keep it organic and provide as much detail as I can, temperatures, light hours, etc. and hopefully it will help someone out. Thanks for sticking around, the more the merrier.
Me too. Good luck. Tagging for the season
biggrin.gif
tiphat.gif
Welcome Squatty and JJ. Good to have you as well.

Peace, God bless

gorilla ganja

Count me in as well. Looking forward to watching these in a greenhouse.

Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge.

Peace GG

SolarLogos

Count me in as well. Looking forward to watching these in a greenhouse.

Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge.

Peace GG
Welcome GG and thanks for the kind words. Glad to have you around.

UPDATE
I've got germinating 5 more HxP and 3 more purple satellite, which should give me 7 plants of each. I'm hoping for males for each, hopefully having choices, so I can have more seed. While I'm at it, there will be the opportunity to cross HP and PS. Think the Honduran, Panama, Oaxaca and Nepalese would go well? Should at least be pretty, with both having purple or pink traits.
With the OTH, I really can't have that many plants outside, so we will have to make choices so we have a fair number of each strain in flower, but before anything gets culled, I can at least flower it's clone indoors. I will update with pics tomorrow.
Peace, God bless

therevverend

Veteran
Off to a good start those are happy seedlings. This is going to be a year for colorful plants. Awesome you can clone and test stuff indoors before culling. It's tough when you make a bunch of seeds on a female you realize after harvest you don't really like. Oh well, I'd rather have too many then too few.

Not that I stood much of a chance to see them finish @ 40 N ... So this time I'm planning to sow them in the dirt mid-late August and bring them into my den around autumn equinox and let them do their thing till Xmass, hopefully... so lead me on mate!

One year I started some Malawi and Vietnamese x Thai seeds in mid July. Left them outdoors until mid October. Here's a picture of a Malawi September 30th to give you an idea of size and look.

picture.php

Looks like I pinched them to keep from getting too tall for the move inside. I notice it's past the equinox and they're just showing sex, haven't produced hair clusters yet. I'd like to try it again next time I grow long flowering strains. It was a happy Christmas and New Year, the Malawi finished perfectly for the holidays. The Viet Black x Thai finished at the start of December.

I made sure to leave them out until about October 20th, that way there was less of a chance I'd bring in mites and thrips and other little buddies. Didn't need to do any pest control. I'd recommend it for other growers without a greenhouse, the tropical strains love the natural light in Veg and easily switch over to indoor lighting. I can't remember for sure, my timer was set to either 11/13 or 10.5/13.5.

SolarLogos

Off to a good start those are happy seedlings. This is going to be a year for colorful plants. Awesome you can clone and test stuff indoors before culling. It's tough when you make a bunch of seeds on a female you realize after harvest you don't really like. Oh well, I'd rather have too many then too few.

One year I started some Malawi and Vietnamese x Thai seeds in mid July. Left them outdoors until mid October. Here's a picture of a Malawi September 30th to give you an idea of size and look.

View Image

Looks like I pinched them to keep from getting too tall for the move inside. I notice it's past the equinox and they're just showing sex, haven't produced hair clusters yet. I'd like to try it again next time I grow long flowering strains. It was a happy Christmas and New Year, the Malawi finished perfectly for the holidays. The Viet Black x Thai finished at the start of December.

I made sure to leave them out until about October 20th, that way there was less of a chance I'd bring in mites and thrips and other little buddies. Didn't need to do any pest control. I'd recommend it for other growers without a greenhouse, the tropical strains love the natural light in Veg and easily switch over to indoor lighting. I can't remember for sure, my timer was set to either 11/13 or 10.5/13.5.
Greetings my friend.

That's a beautiful Malawi vegging OD. Perfect size for training indoors. You bring up a good point about flowering in different conditions. I found if you can finish a plant before April 1 where I'm at, in a greenhouse without light dep, the heat and light is still pretty good, but anything past April 1 they want to go back into veg. Right now, we are at just over 13 hours of light per day and I have a few buds stretching. I do have the one Malawi x Honduran that is holding up great and I starve her of N and keep the PK up. I tried bring plants in at night, flowering during the summer. We shot up to 106 without notice and stayed above 100 for 5 days, then into the 90s for a month. It baked the trichomes and I wasn't happy with the results.
I went the opposite extreme last year also and finished my Malawi and GT clones in the greenhouse late and harvested in Dec/early Jan. Beautiful flowers, no ambers because it was soft light and lower heat. As such, I did not get the effects I was looking for either. Nice flowers, nice smoke, devastating head stone, more like a stupor. But I enjoy learning these things. This year I will get it right with the OTH and flip them in July.
Always nice to hear from you Rev.

Peace, God bless