What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones 10 week cure

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
:biggrin:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Strain: Casey Jones: Oriental Express (Trainwreck x Thai (billy goat stock)) x ECSD v3

Breeder: Head Seeds

Appearence: Coke can sized nugs of spiraling crystal towers, make up the bud structure of Casey Jones. One of the most unique looking plants I have ever grown, the ECSD pheno will purple some during the flushing period. I have been nominated for a POTM with Casey Jones, one of only two strains that have received nominations. Casey Jones is one of the top 3 in my garden, and will always be around. I now have the ECSD mother, and a heavy Trainwreck pheno. (9.5/10)

Smell:Casey Jones is one of the best smelling types of bud out there. Those that know it's indescribable, fruity smell, know what I am talking about. While my ECSD pheno had some Diesel undertones, this has all disappeared at the 10 week cure mark, and what is left, can only be described as ethereal. (10/10)

Taste: The same fruit taste carries over from the smell. However, in the smoke one can taste the diesel used in this poly hybrid. Instantly recognizable, all my smokin buddies know it by taste. One of the most enjoyable smokes ever. (10/10)

High:This is one of those rare "smoke anytime" strains. It will whip your ass, if you smoke a joint of it to the head. However, if you are going to run some errands, take a bong hit or a few bowl hits and let the cerebral side of CJ take control. Over indulgence can lead to a trippy stone, that can lead to fits of laughter.(10/10)

Overall: Casey Jones is iconic. It is the flagship of the Head Seed company. Sure to become one of the "household" pot names, such as Blueberry, OG Kush, and Blockhead. Those that have this strain, are part of the special club. Getting these beans is an even more difficult challenge. Head seeds sell out in minutes, and that is all thanks to this one perfect cross. There is nothing that can be done to Casey Jones. It is one of those rare occasions, when you put outstanding talent, in the same room with outstanding breeding tools. Reminiscent of the mythical Liger, Casey Jones is just as magical and rare. (10/10)

Trainwreck Pheno:
picture.php

ECSD pheno:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wayfarer

That last macro is particularly amazing.
Looks and sounds like an amazing cross.
Hope I'll get the pleasure some day.
Thanks for the detailed, well written report.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
That Good...? Cool..... Great Review, BTW....

There is a Clone going around, and I have one in flower now.. Day 10. I trust the source in that it is prob Casey J. Not sure what pheno, haven't tried the smoke, or seen it - until now....

BEeeeautiful Pix....!!

Thanx, Mr. Stainless.....

Bobby your bud always looks amazing! I actually decided to buy a pack of Mirre after seeing some of your Mirre pics. That CJ looks so frosty, i wish it was still available because i never got around to getting a pack when it was.

Keep up the good work!

praisehim.

Veteran
DAMN BOBBY ! those nugs look siiick ! im anxious to finish mine..hope you dont mind me dropping this.

casey jones, with out the ninja turtles.haha. 56 days

coca cola bottles ?

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
beautiful....gonna try like hell to get some this spring release..

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
(insert Mike Meyers voice here) I'm as happy as a little gurl! lol

(insert Mike Meyers voice here) I'm as happy as a little gurl! lol

It jus so happens that I have 3 Casey's that are just about done. 2 are the same pheno, very Trainwreck and one leans more towards the Diesel side.

After reading yer report I'm stoked and ready to smoke! lol Thanks fer sharing Bobby. BC

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
AHAH wicked!! when i reached the thread i first saw the pics with out knowing who posted them! I thought that must be Bobby..hehe i was right. Once again u made it my man, congrats on that wonderfull report u made me added the strain to my wish list.

Peace bro + rep

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bobby Stainless again.

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Damn, outta five categories you gave CJ an overall score of 9.9/10! You're either really liberal with with the high 9's and solid 10's, or CJ is just that good... I'll bank on the latter. Good report man, that's what's up!

By the by, you listen to Raekwon's "Only Built for Cuban Linx... Part II" yet? It's decent compared to most of the other garbage out there... Couple of good Dre beats too! Check that shit out if you haven't already.

K

krushonkush

Great report my man. Fucking jaw dropping pictures!
Do that shit bro :respect:

GryphN

I grew Casey Jones... Awesome stuff... Unfortunately I moved 2000 miles to WA (med state) and non of my genetics survived the move. :( ... Hopefully one day I'll be able to get more of that CJ, definitely a strain worth keeping...

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
very nice...

When I ran some Casey (uk cut) recently I have to say I was totally un-impressed... sure it was big and looked good but the smell and flavours were nothing special at all... a bit dieselly, but none of the sour/fruit tones I had hoped for....

I canned it pretty hard that first week, let most of it go to friends and decided I probably wouldnt bother with her again...

That was before I cured it properly.... 8 weeks later and that last bit of Casey that I kept just in case has turned into pure gold with new depths of flavour coming thrugh all the time.... Anyone unsure of her merits really does need to wait for a half decent cure* :)

* you may think "well thats kinda obvious" - But I'll say the Cheese, Amnesia, Chocolope all stink pretty much as they should from day 1 although obviously they improve with curing - the Casey seemed pretty average at that stage...notice I say "seemed" :D

EDIT - In fact I think I'm gonna have some right now :)
EDIT 2 - So f*cking good..... ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts