What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krypto's Ultimate Controler

G

Hooked-On-Grown said:
major props Hellinski!! What kind of box is that...seems to fit perfect!!

I need to finish mine....put it on the back burner a couple weeks.

***Question***
-Do you flip all 4 float valves or just two? If just two is it the tops or bottoms.

When you say flip are you refering tothe position of the magnet in the float or the float itself.

All magnets are in the same position, in both formations you want them to be in the off or open position when fully extended.
Inside the bucket the bottom two floats are fully extended when pointing down, the top two are fully extended when pointing up .

venge

Can you tell me where you got your Grommets. Unfortunately i have nothing local availble to me and the one's in your pics seem much better fitted. Do you get any leaking at all?

thanks again

venge

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
hey krypto....
These were the float valves I got sent to me. Do they require any repositioning of the magnet? Or will they work as is.....just position correctly in the bucket?

G

Hooked-On-Grown:
There is no way I can tell by looking at those pics.
The floats I bought some time ago were translucent, so I could easily see which position the magnets were in.
Not really a problem. You can test the switch, "figure out which position it is in" either by attaching it to something like a light to turn it on and off or you can hook the controler up, test it and correct it if need be.

Those are better switches. They are more like the switches that are used in the original design.

All four of them must be in the same position, open "off" in the extended position.

venge

Rec'd my float switches as per listed on page 1. All is good there, just a bit impatient I guess at this end. Now for the timer to get here and the enclosure and all will be good.

thanks again Krypto for the info.

venge

G

I finally got my controller together and everything is working fine with a new switch,now to get it hooked up to h.o.g s bucket system and I will have the ultimate system :biggrin: thanks krypo for everything

G

If your gonna thank me at least have the courtesy to spell my name right.. LOL. ;)

Damn good to hear you guys are coming along well,, bye the end of your first crop your gonna be damn glad you built this baby .

G

venge said:
Can you tell me where you got your Grommets. Unfortunately i have nothing local availble to me and the one's in your pics seem much better fitted. Do you get any leaking at all?

thanks again

venge

I buy them from a local hydro store.
They can be found at DIY type stores in the specialty fastener area, usually in bins.
Never have leaks .

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
Finally built it!!

Finally built it!!

well I finally sat down and put it together. If I knew it was this easy I would have built it sooner. Finally got some time yesterday and this morning between the garden and my son. I have not tried it yet. I am sure it will work fine. I purchased the same style box as Hellinski.....just a bigger version. I did not think I could make it all fit as neat as Hellinski did! :bashhead:
Also I am using a tall 5 gallon bucket for the controller. My system is 5 gal buckets with 3.5 gal inserts. The controller is about 4" taller then the regular 5 gal

here the finished product...........Thanks again a million times to Krypto!!!

Last edited:
G

BEAUTIFUL!!!
I can't wait to see you start growing with it, am anxious to see how much you like it. :tup:
If you have ANY problems we can get them worked out here.

I was "inspired" into making these myself because of a discrepencey I had with the manufacturer.
I had previously purchased three of these systems myelf and spent thousands of dollars at www.hydroponics.net. I also have been contacted at OverGrow bye several different members who purchased this system from them because of some of the earlier grows I posted on OverGrow. They all say they have had great success using it and that I have helped them overcome a few ticks they had with it. :tup:

So I have been what I consider to be not only a pretty good customer, but a sort of customer service represrentative for those who because of their hobby are squeemish to contact and discuss their problems with a rep from their site.
Bottom line is I sent them a LOT of business, and it wasn't SPAM for them, it's just a superb product, I liked using it and helping people who were also .
On my last order to them they forgot to add but charged me for sveral T's and 90's that I ordered. Really Wasn't a big deal really. I contacted customer service and let them know what had happened, it wasn't a problem but would like the parts I was missing to be sent to the address provided.
They were really cool with it as they have always been.

When I recieved the package a short time later written across the package and over the tape was the word, in capitol letters,,,,
LIAR!!!

Wel that really broke my heart. ;)

So this is my response .

Who ever it was who wrote that on the package.

This thread is also Krypto's Ultimate:

THANK YOU!!! :sarcasm:

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
recieved my second order of float valves today. They are different then the first ones I ordered. A little bit smaller......but seems to be a little bit stronger then my first ones. All the same......there float valves!!
Helping a friendlyfriend with a controller bucket construction :rolleyes:

G

One of the things about using Leca I've always dis-liked Most has been Cleaning them for re-use.

This method has saved me LOT's of Time and aggravation.
It's actually made it quite easy.

To start I decided on the size I wanted to use by how it would fit on my wash basin.

I cut the 2 X 4's to length and then ripped @ an inch down the length of them. If you don't have a table saw you could just buy a piece of 1 X 2 and use that.

I built my frame from the 2 X.

Placed a piece of 1/4 inch Hardware cloth on top of that frame and then nailed the ripped pieces, or 1 X 2 ,on top of the hardware cloth.
This sandwiches the hardware cloth between the pieces of wood then nail or screw through the one inch piece into the 2 X.

Should look like this:

Click for Larger Image

Begin by placing your rootball onto Krypto's Rock Cleaning Contraption. ;)

Click for Larger Image

I Break That up real nice,,

Click for Larger Image

And Seperate it pulling out large masses of roots or other unwanteds.

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

I get out my spray nozzle and using clean, hot tap water give everything a good hosing down.

Click for Larger Image

After a good hosing I move all of the rocks to one end of Krypto's Rock Cleaning Contraption.
As I roll them back towards me with the palm of my hand I rinse small roots through the screen bye blasting them with the clean tap water.

Click for Larger Image

Clean, Root Free, LecaTon. :tup:

Once the rocks are placed back into your system, you can run clean water and a leaching agent such as Clearex through your system and emptying the reserviour before returning to using nutrients.

G

Great tutorial Kryptonite!

Would you suggest a soil-based small grow for a first timer?

Do you think after I have a grow or two under my belt I would be able to build a pretty big (10+ buckets) system and have some success?

Latest posts

Latest posts