What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most Potent Landrace Indica commercially available

REALPOTency

Veteran
and the most potent landrace indica in commercial form is????
jajjajs
good info outside the box but common the same shit always
extremist taliban natzi growers with close mind
you think the human mind control the plant????
the plant is free, the genetic is free always,,
wherever monsanto or another cannabic genetic organization with some control or high investment ,,,,
the life is short enjoy please....

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
RSC collects landrace varieties, but don't grow or breed them.Prices are not over the top, but very reasonable.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
So what you are saying is Bodhi, The Real Seed Company, Irrazinig, Fullpower Selections, and Even Gypsy Nirvana are either selling fake landraces or fucked people over...I'm pretty sure you are full of yourself.

Quite a bit of conjecture

No.
bodhi and RSC are legit.

Quite a bit of conjecture

No.
bodhi and RSC are legit.

No conjecture...that was verbatim from a quote you said. I'm aware that all of those are legit, Bodhi is the only one selling them at a high price, a price I'd gladly pay. His prices are still lower than most.

That doesn't change the fact that you said... and let me quote this again.
Anytime I see someone sell a landrace I know 1) its prolly not real and 2) they fucked at least one person over to get those and now sell them.

And earlier this here...
A lil disclaimer to those looking for landraces,
You dont buy landraces. You are entrysted with them.
If someone is selling you a landrace...its not a fucking landrace.

That includes all landraces being sold as you put it.

I hear a lot of Ego going into what is being said here and I think a lot can be learned from breeders of traditional non cannabis crops

I'm completely aware that seedy things go on in this business after all a lot of people in it are/were criminals at one point. Nevil himself was a junky in trouble with the law...It's just the way business works unfortunately.

KaYa-mon

Thanks to all for who shared, freely or for money seeds and clones of this great plant. When i started smoking all of my family and reletives judged me and prejudiced me for it. I already knew it was the healing of the nation ;-) now 30 years later, we have medicinal weed and cbd oil etc... Uruguay changed the law against it. Even in the US you can smoke and buy legal, more states and countries will follow.
Without, reality would be much more boring.

To my opinion the strongest heirloom indica is Afghan hash plant from Barney's and Kashmir from Mandela seeds.

tcherno

Big hugs, Musta.

I get hit up every week with people asking me for landraces.
I say no every time.
Then they ask "why not, Coastal is selling landraces" and a little part of me dies.

I do sell seeds, but only my poly hybrids. And only after Ive gotten permission from the person who gave me the seeds to use those as parental stock. And I only sell to those I deem worthy, so I dont make that many sales, nowhere near enough to support myself doing this, its more of a way to compensate garden expenses.
Then I watch all these seed companies make millions and it sickens me to the point of wanting to leave the scene and only talk to a select few through snail mail.
Barefootgardenz/ Ninja Mechanics has infiltrated yet another forum in his quest to get landraces so he can be famous and rich. Seeing that set me off. But thats another story.

I feel landraces and heirlooms are gifts to be entrusted, never sold.
Anytime I see someone sell a landrace I know 1) its prolly not real and 2) they fucked at least one person over to get those and now sell them.

I too have talked to JGL and have been enlightened as to his position and whats been going on. And it further cemented my above views.

The price per gram of flower keeps dropping. It was ~$15/gram 8 yrs ago, now its quickly approaching $1/gram
Seeds were ~$2/seed 8yrs ago and now im seeing some sell a single seed for $150+
The amount of greed and shadiness is astounding in the seed game.
USA pops up with five new seed companies every day.
Ive been ripped off and my gear is being hacked by others but I dont really care - all they have are my poly hybrids. So I went to Emerald Cup and passed out a shit ton of those same poly hybrids - flooding the market so those hacks cant say they have anything exclusive.
It was hilarious because most everyone I passed seeds out to were aghast that I would just hand out a bunch of seeds. But thats because they are greedy and only see dollar signs when they see seeds.

lol. I tried selling seeds at Emerald Cup. Didnt sell one pack. I showed a guy what I had and I guess I wasnt charging enough. Because the guy scoffed and said, "no, Im looking for legit seeds. See these? I paid $400 for this pack." He showed me a pack of cookies hybrid x cookies hybrid x nl x affy x some other hybrid from a "breeder" Ive never heard of.

In all the years Ive been doing this, I only just recently found a person whom Im thinking about handing off a good portion of my vault to so this person can carry on the torch. One person in ten years. And its because he understands the cannabis plant is only one tool in a big toolbox of tools to help people. He's more interested in other plant medicines.
People don't understand that having a vault is quite a burden when youre a steward and not looking to get rich off the plant.
Shit, Im living in my car and have a vault. Everyone keeps telling me I should sell the seeds I have and get rich.
I'd rather keep living in my car, respecting both the plant and those who entrusted me with being Her steward.

Landraces are bestowed, not sold.

Much Love,
~T

Thank you mustafunk, fortunately that it remains that people like you, because crystalline it is not what is missing

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Kind of shady how posts get deleted to support a certain narrative to make some people look bad and others look good.

Im done posting here.

troutman

Seed Whore
One more point I see a lot of posts that people are conserving or preserving a landrace, or trying to.
The simple truth is that unless you grow 1000+ females and 1000+ males from seeds, you are not conserving all the genes in any landrace. Each year you reproduce the landrace variety with smaller populations you are losing genes and altering the variety, in 10-20 years it is just not the same.

Cannabis is a dioecious obligate outcrossed and requires large plant numbers to keep all the genes maintained in a landrace, no one is doing this in the West, at least in the past.

Crossa, J. et al. 1993. Statistical genetic considerations for maintaining germ plasm collections. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 86: 673-678.

-SamS

Growing 1000 males and 1000 females isn't something impossible to do if you understand population genetics.

Nobody says they have to be all grown in one generation to preserve everything.

With animals all the individuals have to breed the same time.

But plant seeds could be partitioned and grown into different years.

For example:

Enough seeds to generate 100 males and 100 females could be grown each year for 10 years to obtain your idea of
1000 male and 1000 female plants. There's something called the Island Model in population genetics where a population
is subdivided into many small islands and each year some genes migrate back and forth.

Also, even one migrant per generation from each island could swamp the effects of inbreeding.

Seed preservation can easily go 10 years using today's technology. So a person or group could grow seeds amounting
to 100 males and 100 females do open pollination while labeling all the females seeds and grow them all out in sequence
of years required to get those 1000 males and 1000 females. If 125 males and 125 females are grown each year the
population will take 8 years to grow out those 1000 plants of both sexes.

The Island Model may be wise in plant preservation to avoid some males from doing too much pollination.

As long as the seeds of no females are lost the genes of the entire population
should be preserved even though they are not all grown at the same time.

But back to this thread.

Anyone know which is the most potent Landrace Indica? :tiphat:

KaYa-mon

Yeah well said, this is how they do it with old line s .
Back to the thread ��

How we think about Aunt of farouk, Pine tar kush?

troutman

Seed Whore
Yeah well said, this is how they do it with old line s .
Back to the thread ��

How we think about Aunt of farouk, Pine tar kush?

Not sure.

But I have 2 packs of Triple Pakistan which is an X-18, Pine Tar Kush and Aunt of Farouk 3-way hybrid.

I have yet to test them out. :)

I also have RSC Mazar and Chitrali to test also.

So many seeds and so little time.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
You do not fully understand that 100 females X 100 males repeated 10 times does not give the same results as 1000 females X 1000 males, the simple answer is that the 100 females are not receiving pollen from all 1000 males only the 100 males used for each of the 10 cycles. the results will yield different combos of genes being saved at different frequencies then if 1000 X 1000 at one time. It is simple math. It is better then 100 X 100 only once but not the same as 1000 females X 1000 males, believe me. Are you familiar with Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium? Here is a simle review:
https://78bbm3rv7ks4b6i8j3cuklc1-wp...toring/handout/Hardy-Weinberg-Equilibrium.pdf
-SamS

Growing 1000 males and 1000 females isn't something impossible to do if you understand population genetics.

Nobody says they have to be all grown in one generation to preserve everything.

With animals all the individuals have to breed the same time.

But plant seeds could be partitioned and grown into different years.

For example:

Enough seeds to generate 100 males and 100 females could be grown each year for 10 years to obtain your idea of
1000 male and 1000 female plants. There's something called the Island Model in population genetics where a population
is subdivided into many small islands and each year some genes migrate back and forth.

Also, even one migrant per generation from each island could swamp the effects of inbreeding.

Seed preservation can easily go 10 years using today's technology. So a person or group could grow seeds amounting
to 100 males and 100 females do open pollination while labeling all the females seeds and grow them all out in sequence
of years required to get those 1000 males and 1000 females. If 125 males and 125 females are grown each year the
population will take 8 years to grow out those 1000 plants of both sexes.

The Island Model may be wise in plant preservation to avoid some males from doing too much pollination.

As long as the seeds of no females are lost the genes of the entire population
should be preserved even though they are not all grown at the same time.

But back to this thread.

Anyone know which is the most potent Landrace Indica? :tiphat:

Last edited:

troutman

Seed Whore
You do not fully understand that 100 females X 100 males repeated 10 times does not give the same results as 1000 females X 1000 males, the simple answer is that the 100 females are not receiving pollen from all 1000 males only the 100 males used for each of the 10 cycles. the results will yield different combos of genes being saved at different frequencies then if 1000 X 1000 at one time. It is simple math. It is better then 100 X 100 only once but not the same as 1000 females X 1000 males, believe me.
-SamS

You don't understand what I meant. Each female used is different.

It's not the same 100 female's families that are used 10 years in a row.

It's a full 1000 female's families used.

i.e. Each female is used only 1 time in 10 years if a person can only grow 100 females at one time.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
As for the most potent Landrace Indica,
all drug varieties are Indica, be they WLD, or NLD, while the effects are very different depending on terpene profile and %'s.
Some people prefer the Narcotic, physical effects of Afghan WLD varieties while others prefer the soaring up, clear, psychedelic high of NLD tropical varieties, it is a personal choice for the individual there is no single most potent landrace Indica, unless you judge by THC% alone which is just not correct.
-Sams

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
No I did understand you, all 100 females use in each of the 10 cycles so 1000 females total, but they do not recieve pollen from all of the 1000 males they only receive pollen from the 100 males used in that cycle, that will change the gene frequencies retained, do you not understand this? Read the Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium if any of the 5 are violated then the genepool changes, population size is key.

Look at #1 in this chart:
https://www.hammiverse.com/lectures/23/4.html
-SamS

i.e. Each female is used only 1 time in 10 years if a person can only grow 100 females at one time.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Hardy–Weinberg Equilibrium

If Hardy–Weinberg Equilibrium is achieved then no evolution occurs.
To achieve the equilibrium five conditions must be met:

#1 Population must be very large.

#2 Population must be isolated from other populations (no immigration or emigration).
#3 No mutations
#4 Random mating
#5 No natural selection (i.e. every individual has an equal chance of survival)
If the five conditions are not met then evolution occurs:
There is a change in allele frequency in the population.
Hardy–Weinberg Equilibrium is not present.

Consequences of Violations of the Five Conditions

#1 A small population causes genetic drift
Changes in allele frequency due to chance
Example: a small number of coin tosses versus large number of coin tosses
Special cases of genetic drift:
Bottleneck Effect
Occurs when some event reduces the population to a really small size.
Example: Northern Elephant Seal population was almost hunted to extinction—only about a dozen individuals survived to repopulate the current large population.
Founder Effect
Occurs when a few individuals colonize a new area.
Example #1: immigration of religious groups (in small numbers) to the United States that will not reproduce with other individuals. They maintain a very small isolated population.
Example #2: Darwin's finches
#2 Non-isolated population causes gene flow
Movement of individuals from one population to another, resulting in interbreeding of what were once isolated populations.
Reduces genetic differences between populations.
#3 Mutations cause new alleles to be introduced into the population.
#4 Nonrandom mating causes more expression of recessive phenotypes
Inbreeding: mating between closely related partners
Assortative mating: individuals choose partners like themselves.
In both cases, two organisms carrying a recessive gene are more likely to pair up, so a recessive phenotype (e.g. resulting from genotype aa) is more likely to be expressed.
#5 Natural selection causes the expression of successful alleles
Certain alleles provide traits that create a better ability to survive and reproduce than the traits of other alleles do.

-SamS

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Reread my post 115 I do understand that it is 1000 females not the same 100 used 10 times.
-SamS