What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MALAWI cob cure, POISON husks, roundup glyphosate!

clearheaded

Hi there,

Thought i would start a new thread as to get the message out better!

DONT ADD POISON TO UR SMOKE!!

Majority of corn is roundup ready so is sprayed heavily with roundup not to mention others!! DO NOT USE CORN HUSK OR PARCHMENT!

important to consider that ALOT of commercial corn is heavily laden with roundup aka glycophosphate, so simply rinsing isnt going to be enough and wouldnt trust mexican husks for smoking purposes. Husks are in particular will of course have higher concentrations compared to the corn itself some are more ok to eat but smoke alot of these chemicals are more harmful as arent broken down in your stomach. Just something to keep in mind, while feels organic you probably are dosing up ur smoke with pesticide/herbacides and fungicides. perhaps part of the noted increase/change in effect

keep an eye out if your eyes water or noes runs or other histamine reactions. But prob best not to use Corn husk at all!! Also you do not want to use parchment either as we have seen issues with that and concentrate makers no longer use it for a reason.

Hope this helps people stay away from contaminating there bodies. glyphosate also has been linked to many intestinal issues(gluten crohns), possibly because it kills back gut flora or triggers auto immune responses.

Blessings!

Swamp Thang

Veteran
For the cob makers living in the USA, this warning about corn husks will be very much appreciated. Personally, I have always preferred using sheets of paper to roll cobs, since the high humidity here in the tropics means the small amount of moisture in the corn husks could encourage the growth of mold, even in a vacuum-sealed situation.

For me in this humid equitorial climate, missing whatever flavor benefits are seen with corn husks is a worthwhile price to pay, for the peace of mind that comes with using clean, sterile sheets of paper for my cob making process.

Kolton1122

This was one of the things I had been worried about when first looking into this. How do the buds turn out using sheets of paper? Do you think they’re any more potent or have higher terpene concentration? What kind of paper do you use?

Sorry for all the questions. I’m just new to the cob curing process and have not tried it myself.

DenverJim

Smoking weed is more harmful than glyphosate. Like spraying sulfur is more dangerous than daconil.
I threw a bunch of buds in a 5 gal bucket in a cold shed in late oct. they had a funny smell but no mold. Made the best dry sieve just melted with a bit of heat.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Smoking weed is more harmful than glyphosate.
Ouch. That's some pretty contaminated 'weed' you're talking about there, but it exists.

I prefer smoking clean cannabis, which is very much non-harmful. I'm looking forward to cob curing some of it in a few months as well. Ty clearheaded, for the toxic info
:tiphat:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Smoking weed is worse than glyphosate??!!!

Just wow.

What exactly is the reason why they aren't using parchment?

I am just now ordering my corn seeds, you can too!!

U

"Username"

If you are worried about the corn cob leaves (when doing Tangwena's Malawi fermented cob technique), then simply use oven baking (parchment) paper instead as it works great.
This type of paper is durable, so much so I sometimes even reuse the same paper for wrapping cobs when I run out.

If you are developing mold when cobbing with natural leaves (or parchment paper) and vacuum sealing then the cobs are too moist when sealing them up.....so dry them out for a little longer after the initial sweating stage to induce fermentation and again before you re-seal for the long term cure.

and I'm not corn farmer but aren't corn crops sprayed with weed killer when the corn has just started growing? I don't think corn is sprayed with poison when the cobs are forming? ...any corn farmers here? The leaves from around the actual corn cob weren't on the plant when initially sprayed so the amount of poison you are getting into your Malawi style cobs is miniscule. If you eat corn, then you are ingesting that poison but smoking a tiny bit of cob at a time is not a concern really. (unless you are the hysterical type who freaks out and amplifies selected info)

I wood

Smoking weed is worse than glyphosate??!!!

Just wow.

What exactly is the reason why they aren't using parchment?

I am just now ordering my corn seeds, you can too!!

Popcorn grows well and makes good cob wrappers, but i find brown paper from bags much easier.

Latest posts

Latest posts