What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HELP PLEASE! DEFICIENCY BUT IDK WATT

water:reverse osmosis
soil:happy frog
temp of water goin in:17c
stage:14 days into vegetative
strain:pineapple tonic (cbd),candy land, and 707 headband)
humidity:40%-50%
temp light on:73-82for
light off temp:68f lowest
ph goin in 6.5
nutrients: nothing yet because hydro store guy sed not too for first two weeks since soil has food
symptoms:all new growth is really light green kinda yellow/whitish. growth has slowed down badly. and on pineapple tonic the leaves are starting to curl in like a taco not bad tho but feel like it'll get worse wit time

please help at first plants were doing good den after first week I seen that the plant slowed down its growth n seemed like it was stretching instead of actually growing leaves. at first light was lil to high but I brought it closers to the plants. now it's 2 to 3 feet away from plants. did dat couple days back n still no improvement in growth speed or the light green not better

Attachments

• 14840723633342127643412.jpg
    14840723633342127643412.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 1484072401055-1880101183.jpg
    1484072401055-1880101183.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 5
thanks for the reply. idk y in person dey look so light green more den the pics. one of my friends told me dat cold water slows the growth and also causes light/lime green new growth? any truth to dat? he also told me runoff doesn't mean much since my runoff was 5.4three days into watering dem wit 6.8 water. it's been going up slowly tho jus like he sed. still like a 5.8 5.9.... I still don't know why my pineapple tonic leaves curled in like dat from da sides. only 5 leaves out the whole plant tho. hasn't been gettin worse either. all symptoms seem to not get worse n seem like maybe dey doin 10% better ever since I been adding 22c water. I thought it was because I was watering wit ro water so on one plant I switched to tap water. is dat bad? should I stick to ro water? my tap water isn't bad since my last grow I used tap water. it was summer so I didn't have to worry bout cold water. forgot to add dis but I was watering wit 16c to 17c water before

EastCoast710

looks like new growth.. and maybe what size light? looks like heat or light intensity stress on the leaves that fold like tacos

I dont think it's the light cus all other plants are doing ok. the light is 600 watt... I got one of the cheapest grows but I don't think it's dat tho cus i had one success grow already. I jus have a light,ballast, ac running 24/7(house ac) and small fan. and also a thermostat wit rh

I thought it was new growth but for like a week straight the plants growth didn't advance. it slowed down badly
.. thankfully past day or two dey seem like dey doin lil better since I don't put cold water nomore n i did foliar spray on dem two days ago

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
None of these mixes have enough Ca. Your new growth is being affected because your roots are being affected. You have too much N and the Ca can't keep up.

Try 2 grams of dry milk (low fat) per 100 ml of water. Do ONE PLANT so everyone doesn't scream at me.

If these plants really mean anything to you, spend the $50 on a soil analysis and get it right the first time.

I did a foliar spray dis morning of Cal mag from advance nutrients. it has nitrogen calcium mag iron n zinc. maybe one more but I forgot ill b home in 30 min ill see. does foliar spray even work? I wanted to water but soil still not dry enough. I'll b patient n wait till I water.. Watt soil analysis is u talkin bout? I love my babies main reason I made dis profile. please explain wat dat is n wer to get one. I wanna thank everyone for replying.... past week I was stressin non stop all day lol. glad to get feed back

wat makes u say too much n? I jus wanna kno so next grow I won't make same mistake... I also have revive from advance nutrients. I used dat to water dem like 2 days ago. maybe dats y dey doin lil better.. it has nitrogen calcium magnesium n iron

sorry I forgot to add dat all plants stretched alot wen growth slowed for the leaves if dat makes sense. basically the stem was jus gettin longer

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Revive has Ca and N. That is why they call it Revive! Calcium tones everything down, it lowers the effective conductivity that the root senses.

When you have things too wet, plants have a hard time picking up calcium.

When you let things get too dry and the conductivity is too high for a particular variety (as in your case) the conductivity increases.

So, instead of letting it get overly dry, just lightly wet the surface of the soil. Don't water, just dampen the top soil.

Here is my thread where we talk about nutrition. There are some good videos and lots of guys talking about their amazing results when they got their calcium up.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=331317

A good foliar calcium will probably help a lot. I would say this variety is more susceptible to high K and low Ca.

Many of the best seeds in the world need high Ca, that is why they are the best! Often growers don't like those varieties because they didn't know to get their calcium up.

Are these plants from seed or are they clones?

from clone. wats better seeds or clones.... and forgot to add dis. jus remembered now while reading ur replies. wen I first started the light was like 5 ft away from plants n the soil stayed wet for like 4 days till i brought the light closers. now the plants aren't cold n soil dries up like normal

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
from clone. wats better seeds or clones.... and forgot to add dis. jus remembered now while reading ur replies. wen I first started the light was like 5 ft away from plants n the soil stayed wet for like 4 days till i brought the light closers. now the plants aren't cold n soil dries up like normal

Cold will make for a Ca and P issue, very quickly.

Glad you are finding your way!

Observation is the key to farming!

thanks bro. thanks to everyone who took dey time to help me out.. Uma feed in mornin. I got the water under the light so itll b room temp in mornin. any suggestions on wat to add to da water? I got grow,micro, and bloom from emerald harvest. also the following from advance nutrients sensi cal mag Xtra, revive, b 52, rhino skin... I haven't added nothin but a lil bit of revive and da sensi cal but dat one was foliar fed. revive thru soil.. any help will be HUGELY appreciated

fredro

wow cant believe I forgot to ask dis but is it OK to switch to tap water if ive been giving dem reverse osmosis water? I switched wit one the 707 headband wen I transplanted to 5 gallon fabric grow bag and she doin ok. first day look lil droopy but now looking pretty good. thank God. worse week ever. others still getting ro water. even tho she (707hb) didn't die am still paranoid bout switching to tap water. since am transplanting all to 5 gal grow bags and datll b alot of money for bottled ro water. if i have to i will ill jus ask for more hours at work lol. but am hoping ill b able to switch. the tap water isn't to bad since my grow I did before dis one was grown wit tap water. it was my first grow also. I had 4 inside n one big one outside. if anyone knows anything bout switching water types please let me kno. I'll appreciate all info

fredro

I would stick with RO. The chlorine and flouride will kill any benificial bacteria in the soil. Next go around try using Promix instead of Happy Frog. I had alot of issues with that stuff. Bugs and chunks of pallets and blue plastic bag material in it! And nutrient problems. Foliar sprays work really well. If my plants look deficient I'll spray some leaves and see how it reacts. If it greens up and responds good then I bump up the feed a bit. I use B-52 and Fulvic Acid @ 1ml per litre no need to ph foliar spray. Get Advanced Nutrients Sensi grow and bloom. The PH Perfect technology is awesome! Best of luck my friend!

Latest posts

Latest posts