What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rp's Sour kush?

RonSmooth

Veteran
That sux^^ hope ur others do ok for u,,, peace

Thanks but just spotted another one.

Seems to be happening on lower branches. I removed everyone I could find. The plant looks like it got a good dose of pollen, the stigma are withering prematurely.

The remaining plants don't look like they got hit and I haven't seen any male parts on them yet...

I have never had so many full blown male flowers on a plant before. The only other plant that did this was one I grew from a selfed feminized seed.

Wish I had just saved cuts from the the last two strains I ran. Iced Grapefruit and Dinachem. Both bomb and zero hermie problems. Cheaper too.

A

acridlab

^^ Damn, Ron.that's sux balls.. no pun intended.
I hate hearing this cuz I have recommended those beans to alot of peeps,, I truly think alot of these breeders are getting bigger and outsourcing too much.. seems like people all over are bitching about the newer released gear from breeders like, cc 's ,, reservas, rascals...
Sorry bout it luck man,, hopefully one of them pulls thru and makes it worthwhile.. all u need is one good one and clone clone clone

RonSmooth

Veteran
Thanks,

I strted 4/6 seeds and 2 threw male flowers around halfway through flower. One was a total loss, chopped it & made QWET with it.

The other happend shortly after the first and not wanting to lose another plant, I pulled all the male flowers I could find and let her go.

At this point I know there will be at least a few seeds in every plant. Even the two that havent gone hermie picked up some pollen. I am going on 10 weeks with the oldest so Im just trying to ride it out. I'll clean up and start over when this run is one.

I popped the 2 remaining SK seeds and one Iced Grapefruit seed I forgot I saved. The IG looks promising as it looks like a bomb pheno I recently harvested and didnt take cuts.

So far, the SK has been disappointing. All 4 had poor calyx/leaf ratios and overall not-great flower structure. Looks like theyre going to run close to 11 weeks. Trichome coverage is average- at least so far.

One thing is for sure. They STINK. This is probably going to be the deciding factor. Unless they are absolute fire, it wont be worth the risk.

Well, I have cuts of the 2 non hermies and just put the 2 younger plants into flower. I didnt top the newest ones. Maybe itll help with the structure.

A

acridlab

Still hope then,, that's what's up! Keep us posted, man. Here's another shot of the sour,, seriously think I'll keep it till I die. It's that Damn good
picture.php

RonSmooth

Veteran
In case anyone is interested, I just posted some shots of 3 Sour Kush's anywhere from 4-9weeks into flowering...

I really got a chance to look at them tonight and i think a couple of em are starting to grow on me.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just had to chop one of 4 SK. Full on male flowers all over the place. Hopefully, the others will be alright.

Yep, that is what I have to do right now. But just a couple male flowers with a week to go. Of all the seeds I have grown only Sour Diesel genetics have ever given me naners. Rez's SD would do it in the last week of flowering from seed, the clones were a lot more stable.

I was hoping RP didn't use the real SD in this cross because it is so unstable.

papaduc

Veteran
I'd say that to this day, out of all the strains I've grown, nothing has been better than this. The right pheno is a killer.

I saw some people mention cali connection's sour diesel. There's no contest between them; sour Kush is a higher grade weed in every way from appearance to taste to strength. Thick fuelly hashy full bodied smoke which pours off a joint like it's hash being burned, I think that's the sign of a high grade weed and that's how this one burns.

Here she is

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

RonSmooth

Veteran
Does anyone have photos of a legit Sour Kush?

What are the characteristics of true SK?

I have grown out 4 plants so far and I swear all 4 have been noticeably different with one being drastically different.

I don't think these AREN'T all "real" Sour Kush, I just want to choose the best representation of the strain as a donor plant.

A

acridlab

Imo,, the best sour kush pheno is a hard one to nail down.. basically personal preference. I've seen beautiful og leeners n I've seen just as nice diesel doms.. my keeper is a bubbly calxl style diesel beast.. homeboy that posted above has a A+ pheno that's looks a lil og heavier on the of side, so yeah, it's all in the eye of the beholder, with this cross.. u will know it when u get a good one, that's for sure.. loudest strain I've come across in a while,, n everyone still comments or questions, every time I pop that jar.. def. one of the better varieties u can get right now in seed.

RonSmooth

Veteran
Every one that I finished was very good, they just look drastically different.

Definitely the most intoxicating smells from any strain I have ever dealt with. I have to run two carbon filters with SK.

I have one at 8 weeks now, here are some shots. So far, this one is the best mix of the other phenos I have found. The only concern i have is the relatively thin colas. They are dense, frosty and smell lovely, just looks like a low yielder. Hoping they plump up a bit in the next couple weeks.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

smokeyla1

Looks pretty badass Ron, think you guys just sold me on some sour kush seeds.

Been looking to add some "sour" to my gene pool. Seems "secret sour" also gets good reviews...anyone grown them both and can comment?

RonSmooth

Veteran
Looks pretty badass Ron, think you guys just sold me on some sour kush seeds.

Been looking to add some "sour" to my gene pool. Seems "secret sour" also gets good reviews...anyone grown them both and can comment?

So far, out of 6 feminized seeds, I have had 4 herms. I'll know soon if that number jumps to 5/6.

Most of the SK's I grew out were very reminiscent of Sour D. Like, VERY reminiscent.

But-

The strain is superb and consistent in terms of potency and taste. I would definitely recommend it to most.

However, if you can't afford to lose a plant (or several) I might consider another strain/breeder less prone to herms.

Regardless, I would be VERY vigilant in watching for man parts. They seem to show up at around week 3-4.

smokeyla1

I seem to see a lot of herm reports from any strain containing ecsd and/or chem genes. At this point, I'd say it comes with territory.

Btw let us know about the smoke report on those beautiful SK!

RonSmooth

Veteran
I seem to see a lot of herm reports from any strain containing ecsd and/or chem genes. At this point, I'd say it comes with territory.

Btw let us know about the smoke report on those beautiful SK!

I think that is the case. Some plants are worse than others. The diesel leaning plants seem to be most prone.

If I get one plant worth running again it'll be worth it.

GoTgReEn06

Iv got 4 running now from seed 5 weeks in, all 4 are different, 1 short with great uniform side branching but looks to be a small yielder, the other 3 are all stretchy with good branching but the buds are all showing different formations all 3 look to be good yielders, got some yellowing going on at top canopy which I think is them being calmag hoers will try get some decent pic in a min, oh and no hermies here!

GoTgReEn06

Still hope then,, that's what's up! Keep us posted, man. Here's another shot of the sour,, seriously think I'll keep it till I die. It's that Damn goodView Image

Hey acridlab, I think I have a similar pheno to yours! One of my girls buds looks almost identical to that with caylaxs pushing up tips at the top!

A

acridlab

^^that's cool. The one I liked the most had the strongest smell out of the bunch..
Alot of phenos are kinda smooth lemon type smell.. when u get the one that smells like a green jolly rancher in a shot of gasoline, that's the one!! PEACE

Latest posts

Latest posts