What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblepods v2.0. bobbleracks revamped.

D

DHF

Look .......I respect LL`s opinion`s and negativity towards increased yields cuz he`s run production rooms and knows the difficulties involved on gettin it right , but.........LL.....you ain`t monocroppin , runnin smaller spaces , and maximizin either Bro.....

Bigger areas never do as well as dialed smaller rooms with adequate environment and watts per sq ft due to so much lumen dissipation and lost light in dead spots.......Been proven for yrs and yrs..........

Guaranteed once the available sq/cu ftg is calculated for as many plants you can grow side by side , above and below on as many surfaces including the floor surrounding stacked bulbs @ 50 watts per sq ft and dialed environment......

Sky`s the limit.....in smaller places where light bounces constantly around the rooms and is ALWAYS absorbed by the plants cuz they have no choice due to concentrated lumens for photosynthesis till end of stretch and then bud building till end of cycle with environment dialed....

Ain`t no tellin what`s available to be done with the proper strain that`s been dialed long enough to exploit that bitch and squeeze every gram that`s available out of her come harvey.......period....

Single cola grape skunks sound perfect Bobble`s once dialed so yas can feed the beast with maxed out plant numbers , butchas gotta up yer clone factory production......

Anyways.....No fear...and.....

As said above by LL and I stand by it vehemently........Plant numbers dictate yields....Just ask Heathie....

Groseph.....Good luck Bro.....4 rooms will need mega environmental control with buncha plants and stacked bulbs , so up yer mom/clone setup as told ta Bobble`s and all things are possible....

Killer blast from the past on that Soquick setup...was a work of art proving increased plant numbers rule the day....

Holler if yas need help......lotta knowledge and experience floatin round here from many sources......just gotta do yer homework.....

Peace...Freds.....:ying:.....

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
ok, a guy has to eat... So I uploaded the pics while I was cooking. Almost done... take a look.
picture.php

picture.php

Gotta get the water lines run... I made 1 big loop around the rack, and connected the tubing at the top with a 1/4" tee. That tee is going to plug into a feed ring on the ceiling.
picture.php

and then I just add all the splits, and cut the bottom to make 2 feed lines. I'll show you guys the drippers later. They're nice.
picture.php

And loaded up... It turns out I only have 80 plants... I could have filled in the space with small clones, but they wouldn't fit through the reflectix once I put it up. I just filled up 5 levels, 10 plants per rack. I have capacity for 144... So I have some work to do, but I'm off to a good start for this run. I cut off all the foliage that can't be pulled through the reflectix skins that I still have to put up. I'm thinking about using velcro... but staples are faster... :D
picture.php

picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
but there's more... the multi-strain run I have going... 4 weeks tuesday, I'm past due for hacking off the fan leaves...

Ultimate strawberry diesel- it hit the ceiling. :D
picture.php

picture.php

Ganesh-This is the leaf curling I was talking about... this plant already had trichs all over...
picture.php

canopy shot...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ChemD
picture.php

Straw D x Chem bx1- this is what the new crop mostly consists of.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Straw D x Chem up top, SB x SSSDH below
picture.php

picture.php

ChemD up top, Sour Amnesia below
picture.php

Straw D x Chem up top, Sour Amnesia below

hortilab sour amnesia
picture.php

Last edited:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
"you must spread some reputation around before giving it to bobblehead again."

Ghudda

Single cola grape skunks sound perfect Bobble`s once dialed so yas can feed the beast with maxed out plant numbers , butchas gotta up yer clone factory production......

What kind of cloning design is recommended and/or what're you cloning with Bobble?

Once I get settled into my new job, grobro and I are going to build our own Bobblepod v2, already ordering the Blumats

What are our feelings on Blumats?

Also, will taking the clones straight into flower pretty much negate the need for a vegging chamber? I suppose I'd still need an area for a few (?) mom plants to grow, that correct? Am I understand this? :) Bear with me! I'm picking up a few books that ought to fill me up with the basic knowledge shortly.

I have a room in an unfinished basement that's 12'5"x9' and 7'7" in height, with a small closet space unaccounted for. The ideas I had running through my head involved shoving as many as four 4x4 flowering chambers/spaces in there (but probably just two at first) and figuring I'd put a cloning area into the closet (probably like a 2x4x7'7" area). That left me with 4x9 for vegging. But... (mind you, I don't know much yet) now I'm thinking the closet is where the mothers could go and the cloning area may be a bit larger than I previously accounted for.

I also have a few questions that I'd feel funny about posting here :) I noticed a mention about the fuzz not investigating in Michigan, was wondering how my errmm location panned out in this regard. Heheh

I hope I'm not hijacking your thread too much Bobble. Trying to learn me up enough on this subject to get my thing going :) Gonna go read through DHF's past posts, I've noticed every other time I read one I find myself going, "Ahhh, that specific paint" and "Ahhh, so there is a specific controller for this"

G

Groseph

New racks are looking solid! Cant wait for this show.

The idea of the angled smart pots on racks leads me to the idea that these living wall pouches could perform wicked in a setup like this.

Smart pot makes individual hanging pouches, but they are costly. It'd be nice to see a whole rug of "pockets" that could be applied here...

U guys familiar? Imagine the possibilities....

picture.php

Ghudda

Yeah... I'm liking this setup the most Bobble. I think just about the only thing I'd want to try differently would be some auto-watering method like Blumats. Any way I can get your setup design plans :) ? Like, the size of reservoirs, specific controllers, size/type of pump(s), fans, everything. I want to copy this in spirit and fit it to my room. Or a link to that info if it's in a previous thread?

You've got it all figured out up until a sealed room/laboratory environment.

bobblehead

Veteran
wow looking good man..... cant wait to see how that drip works out

The drip system is great! My best yet! I forgot to take pics of the drip stakes. I'll do that later, cause I'm pretty busy...

What kind of cloning design is recommended and/or what're you cloning with Bobble?

What are our feelings on Blumats?

Also, will taking the clones straight into flower pretty much negate the need for a vegging chamber? I suppose I'd still need an area for a few (?) mom plants to grow, that correct? Am I understand this? :) Bear with me! I'm picking up a few books that ought to fill me up with the basic knowledge shortly.

I have a room in an unfinished basement that's 12'5"x9' and 7'7" in height, with a small closet space unaccounted for. The ideas I had running through my head involved shoving as many as four 4x4 flowering chambers/spaces in there (but probably just two at first) and figuring I'd put a cloning area into the closet (probably like a 2x4x7'7" area). That left me with 4x9 for vegging. But... (mind you, I don't know much yet) now I'm thinking the closet is where the mothers could go and the cloning area may be a bit larger than I previously accounted for.

I also have a few questions that I'd feel funny about posting here :) I noticed a mention about the fuzz not investigating in Michigan, was wondering how my errmm location panned out in this regard. Heheh

I hope I'm not hijacking your thread too much Bobble. Trying to learn me up enough on this subject to get my thing going :) Gonna go read through DHF's past posts, I've noticed every other time I read one I find myself going, "Ahhh, that specific paint" and "Ahhh, so there is a specific controller for this"

Feel free to drop me a PM. I'm very busy these days, but be patient and I will get back to you. You're gonna need a lot of clones... and some big moms to start with. You'll want to take 2x as many cuts as you really need, cause granted to might all root, but they don't all grow the same. You want the healthiest most vigorous clones....

I haven't used blumats yet, but everyone loves them... I need 300+, so I'm holding off b/c of the expense. I have pumps, timers, and adjustable drip stakes.

You're going to need some moms bigger than these... Until you have 64+ plants to take cuts from.
picture.php

New racks are looking solid! Cant wait for this show.

The idea of the angled smart pots on racks leads me to the idea that these living wall pouches could perform wicked in a setup like this.

Smart pot makes individual hanging pouches, but they are costly. It'd be nice to see a whole rug of "pockets" that could be applied here...

U guys familiar? Imagine the possibilities....

picture.php

That's pretty cool! Looks real expensive though...

I support the knowledge being dropped. Better subscribe to this one!

Welcome aboard! :thank you:

Yeah... I'm liking this setup the most Bobble. I think just about the only thing I'd want to try differently would be some auto-watering method like Blumats. Any way I can get your setup design plans :) ? Like, the size of reservoirs, specific controllers, size/type of pump(s), fans, everything. I want to copy this in spirit and fit it to my room. Or a link to that info if it's in a previous thread?

You've got it all figured out up until a sealed room/laboratory environment.

Please go to my last thread, and filter the posts by DHF. You'll bet both mine and his posts... and that will answer most if not all of your questions, down to the type of paint I used. It's the thread at the top of the list in my sig.

I am using auto-watering... lol... anyway, check out the old thread, and I'll be happy to answer any questions afterword.

bobblehead

Veteran
and it's about finished up... Fresh lamps are on the way. I just have to hook up the radiator to the cold water reservoir, and plug everything in... The next time you see these girls they'll have started their stretch! :D
picture.php

picture.php

L

laylow

you running 80 plants bob yeah?

whats the internal distance from one rack to the other... from the reflective to the other at the moment.. will you close them in and at a later date do you think you will be moving them out?

pleased to see it up and running :D

G

Groseph

Very cool.

Do those racks stay back that far from the get go? Seems awfully far away for 600w lamps..even though I know they wont end up that way...

I wonder if it would be feasible to throw some quality wheels on those rack so that you can keep em closer at first and roll em back as the plants get larger... or perhaps your needing the stretch..

EDIT - damn LL...similar posts..typed them up at the exact same time...

bobblehead

Veteran
you running 80 plants bob yeah?

whats the internal distance from one rack to the other... from the reflective to the other at the moment.. will you close them in and at a later date do you think you will be moving them out?

pleased to see it up and running :D
Very cool.

Do those racks stay back that far from the get go? Seems awfully far away for 600w lamps..even though I know they wont end up that way...

I wonder if it would be feasible to throw some quality wheels on those rack so that you can keep em closer at first and roll em back as the plants get larger... or perhaps your needing the stretch..

EDIT - damn LL...similar posts..typed them up at the exact same time...

Yep, 80 plants. Next time I'll load it up proper... I'm just proud of myself for the 80 right now. lol

The face of each rack is 3' from the light stack. IDK about the distance between each... maybe 6"? I think I'm going to leave them right where they are until the end up stretch. Then, if they haven't stretched to be within 6" of the lamps, I can move them forward and put them there. That's the idea normally right, put the lights further away to encourage stretch, and then drop the light right on top of the plants for the remainder...

I'm not expecting to set any records other than personal ones this time around... I'm not counting my eggs just yet.

One of the racks does have wheels, so I can get in and out... but other than that, they're easy enough to move... I'm pretty strong though, idk about some of you stick figure types... lol

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
This is the style drip stake I'm using. I love it. It comes with a piece attached that you snap off, and tap into your feed manifold with. I used tee's, so I left them attached. The top screws tight, so it can close completely, or open up full blast. The top diffuses the water so it spreads evenly if the flow is high enough... otherwise the water just drips.
picture.php

picture.php

@ $0.60 a piece, it's a lot cheaper than a $6 blumat... idk that I'm going to every switch... lol

G

greenmatter

COOL ..... have you ever had any problems with those stakes clogging?

bobblehead

Veteran
COOL ..... have you ever had any problems with those stakes clogging?

I just got them... and the top comes off completely... so I wouldn't be concerned. If it becomes clogged, as long as you're paying attention, you can unclog it in time.

L

laylow

Why you not loading it up proper this time...... :shucks: what append to 6, 8, 10 maybe 12lb's.. :moon: i take some stick from you and freds about yields and what can be done i just want to see it... im designing my whole new room round this grow bob i really wanted to see what it could do this time to make a decision... its ok saying well i gpt 6 or 8lb but if i had more plants in it then i could have got xyz...

no more preaching from you till you fill one of these fuckers up ya here... take me to school ha... you gonna make me build these pods just to show you how its done ancha :bigeye:

:dueling:

:stfu:
:spanky:
:friends:
:headbange
:bow:

seriously tho nice work man it looks awsome :good: