What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making a Medicial Marijuana Friendly PGR Regimen

growdontsmoke.l

One question concerning evoponic elexir steroids:
What the heck are plant sterones?

1look up plant steroles, might answer your question

I'm going to upload a few photos of the brassinolide plant, think you might be amazed at what its doing. might get some triacontanol in the mix too or is that a bad idea?
I'd like to get some branching in there though and was actually thinking of Fimming and thought the conjunction of the tria and brass may help?
I'm still very clueless tho, enlighten me!

DJaySwitch

Hey growdontsmoke! ive just read through this thread, some great stuff in here, i like you have just purchased some of that power grown brass off ebay, im uk based so have to wait a week to get it....my wonderwomen are in week 3 of veg im going to be scrogging them soon as i always do, ive just ordered some processed triacontanol concentrate for cheap off ebay called blizzard. Looking for advice on the best timings to apply both the Tria and the brass...done tons of research on both but there seems to be conflicting opinions on when is best to foliar spray these...some peeps say only use brass in veg others say spray twice in flower for huge buds....any advice is appreciated

growdontsmoke.l

Hey growdontsmoke! ive just read through this thread, some great stuff in here, i like you have just purchased some of that power grown brass off ebay, im uk based so have to wait a week to get it....my wonderwomen are in week 3 of veg im going to be scrogging them soon as i always do, ive just ordered some processed triacontanol concentrate for cheap off ebay called blizzard. Looking for advice on the best timings to apply both the Tria and the brass...done tons of research on both but there seems to be conflicting opinions on when is best to foliar spray these...some peeps say only use brass in veg others say spray twice in flower for huge buds....any advice is appreciated

Hiya mate. thought the world of friendly PGR's was dead for a sec.
Ummm. I'm not the best for advice cos its my first time using brass. I can tell you I really have had good results spraying brassinolide in week four of veg(0.15 ppm) and I'm repeating application every two weeks and everything going perfectly, they love it!

The mixed results people get from these PGR's is crazy but I think I will grab some of that blizzard stuff too and use it alongside the brass in veg. Is it a root drench or foliar?

cant wait to see ur results, will u post them?

DJaySwitch

Yeah, tbh ive only been reading up about PGRS for about 3 weeks but spent fucking hours every day trawling through information....one thing seems to lead to another. Out of all of the safe pgrs however ive pinpointed Tria and Brass as the standout ones with the best results for people.

Yeah i think i will play it safe with the Brass as it seems extrememly potent stuff and i dont want to mutate my girls so will go easy with that, the Tria is safer to use more frequently as far as im aware so will probably use it once a week and go from there based on results maybe upping to twice per week. Il use them both seperatley on different days to avoid any unwanted combined reactions with the 2 of em being in one bottle.

The seller i bought the Blizzard from says to really only use it as a Foliar, he says its miles more effective and wont do an awful lot as a root feed but ive been suggested to stop foliar application at week 4 of flower then use as root feed till like week 5 or 6 then stop completely to avoid foxtailing etc.

Yeah i will keep you updated definately, would like to hear about yours too. Im actually doing a side by side nutrient comparison atm, got 6 on one side with Plant Magic nutes and 6 on the other side using Aptus dutch nutes....Id say so far the Aptus plants look a nicer, deeper green, shinier leaves but definately smaller....the plant magics are paler but seem slightly more vigorous...Im not sure why this is but its interesting. However the proof in the pudding will be what the final product from each nutrients turns out like. Il be using the pgrs across the whole lot so if i see differences itl be because of the nutrients one can safely assume.

DJaySwitch

Well, i got my ready made Triacontanol foliar spray yesterday, Diluted it in a litre of water and sprayed just as the lights went off, good misting over and under all leaves, there has been some growth already that i can see, it seems to have boosted the overall vigor of all the plants. Will wait another few days then do another light spray to see what happens, this time i will only do it on half the plants to see how they react.

geoffo

I use triacontanol to good effect at 5ppm foliar spray and upto 25ppm rootdrench although less does work, @10ppm may be all needed.

The bap6 ive used this grow but cant tell for sure any difference, but i used low ppms rootdrench only upto 50ppm

Brassinolide i tried at 0.1ppm root, .01ppm foliar and got expected stretch.
Ive not enough canopy room to continue and had to use chlormequat to stop been squashed altogether.
The chlormequat works really really well as a flowering initiator and elicitor in the first few days/week of going 12/12 at a low dose. I suspect lower than i tried will give good results, @25ppm without stunting the plant completely. Some growth continued. branching and buds are very uniform its going to be a decent yield.

In the future i wont grow without tricontanol, theres too many benefits.
Id like to try PGR application in veg next i think the brass will work best there in conjunction with a growth retardant early on.

mexweed

Veteran
kelp or alfalfa meal that is part of a soil mix or aerated to water with is one thing

but definitely not foliar spraying with some of the things mentioned

shaggyballs

Veteran
1look up plant steroles, might answer your question

I'm going to upload a few photos of the brassinolide plant, think you might be amazed at what its doing. might get some triacontanol in the mix too or is that a bad idea?
I'd like to get some branching in there though and was actually thinking of Fimming and thought the conjunction of the tria and brass may help?
I'm still very clueless tho, enlighten me!

Ok, I did look up plant steroles(aka sterols).
I found nothing concerning plant growth.
Maybe you can shed some light on the subject for me?

Any photo's to share?

shaggyballs

Veteran
chlormequat to stop been squashed altogether.
The chlormequat works really really well as a flowering initiator and elicitor in the first few days/week of going 12/12 at a low dose. I suspect lower than i tried will give good results, @25ppm without stunting the plant completely. Some growth continued. branching and buds are very uniform its going to be a decent yield.

Are you aware of the health implications of CCC?

growdontsmoke.l

Ok, I did look up plant steroles(aka sterols).
I found nothing concerning plant growth.
Maybe you can shed some light on the subject for me?

Any photo's to share?

I mentioned that because I think evoponic may have misspelled mate. I couldn't find anything either.

To be honest I am so busy atm Ive got about 100 outdoor females but I will upload as soon as I can. doing another brass spray tonight. could you tell me if it would be wise to add tria in the brass ? I'm about two months from flower

Cheers

shaggyballs

Veteran
I mentioned that because I think evoponic may have misspelled mate. I couldn't find anything either.

To be honest I am so busy atm Ive got about 100 outdoor females but I will upload as soon as I can. doing another brass spray tonight. could you tell me if it would be wise to add tria in the brass ? I'm about two months from flower

Cheers

Well if you want more growth than yes.
This could increase stretch.

geoffo

Are you aware of the health implications of CCC?

hey shaggy yes im aware thanks, im not personally worried and i dont lie to anyone who smokes my weed, they can take it or leave it. Nice thread you did about PGRs btw i read through it while researching.

Is there anything else comparable to chlormequat in action regarding eliciting flowering response?
The triacontanol and chlormequats blown me away, im more than happy with both but id consider/try a natural substitute for the chlormequat if one was available.

Im trying to get my head round exactly how it works. It appears to alter the metabolic pathway as if flipping a switch diverting all the plants energy into a flowering response. Rather than been a 'steroid' as such. I do like several other effects, the loss of apical dominance and uniform bud development and growth is desirable too. At low doses vertical growth slows rather than halts.

Ive tried bap6 as well this grow in very low doses. Too low for any noticeable difference so far. If you happen to have further info on bap6 id be really interested as i think itd potentially compliment the chlormequat, triacontanol and brassinolide very well

shaggyballs

Veteran
hey shaggy yes im aware thanks, im not personally worried and i dont lie to anyone who smokes my weed, they can take it or leave it. Nice thread you did about PGRs btw i read through it while researching.

Is there anything else comparable to chlormequat in action regarding eliciting flowering response?
The triacontanol and chlormequats blown me away, im more than happy with both but id consider/try a natural substitute for the chlormequat if one was available.

Im trying to get my head round exactly how it works. It appears to alter the metabolic pathway as if flipping a switch diverting all the plants energy into a flowering response. Rather than been a 'steroid' as such. I do like several other effects, the loss of apical dominance and uniform bud development and growth is desirable too. At low doses vertical growth slows rather than halts.

Ive tried bap6 as well this grow in very low doses. Too low for any noticeable difference so far. If you happen to have further info on bap6 id be really interested as i think itd potentially compliment the chlormequat, triacontanol and brassinolide very well

Ok , you know that is all that matters to me.

A while ago a guy GLOW was here and on his website it talked about a product called prohexidione calcium.

It has a trade name but I forget.
Out of all the Gibb inhibitors it was deemed the safest by him and his investigative crew.

I did not care much for the guy personally but he had some good info.

How have you been using your Trai?

geoffo

Ok , you know that is all that matters to me.

How have you been using your Trai?

I use the triacontanol all the way through veg and upto flush in flower. 5ppm foliar, upto 25ppm roots.
I dont spray everyday, twice every 3days i usually miss the day i water the roots as the easiest rule of thumb i go by.
I just turn the lights down for half hour when i do it.

G

GYOweed

This is the best google will give me now without substantially more effort:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00391176#page-1

My results for 50 ppm at the 3 leaf stage was 80% males under HPS hortilux. My variety is obviously not the same as theirs. BAP makes for otherwise robust and bushy growth after the 3 leaf stage without influencing sex. It will induce more femaleness on females during flowering as far as I know.

As a note, one time I had 100% MALES from untreated, organic seed (was probably just a hermie strain with strong maleness)- the seeds were immediately trashed.

Treatment with gibberellic acid (25 mg/l) resulted in more than 80% of the plants being male, i.e. having staminate flowers (controls, ca. 30%). Treatment with 6-benzylaminopurine and with indole-3-acetic acid (in either case, 15 mg/l) resulted in all plants being either female (pistillate flowers) or intersexes (bisexual flowers)

:confused:

But I got some IAA numbers i've been looking for :)