What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400W HPS Scrog - 1Plant - 450gr Harvest

I

IE2KS_KUSH

He'll be back. I enjoyed this log, looking forward to scrogging in the future.

B

Brazilianfire

question: Was this 16oz yield strain dependent with a 400 watt, is it usually 12 oz max.. ? Just curious... How much you think you can attain with a 600 watt...? Thanks.

macro

this is the thread that never dies.
My Top Questions!

1. Is this system a sort of.. ebb and flow? NFT? top drip dwc?
2. Was CO2 used? If not was it ventilated with outside air?
3. How long does one of these 12-16oz monsters veg for?
4. What is the nutrient formula per gallon used here?
5. How can this guy get such consistent fat buds!? What's his secret? Don't tell me it's some boo like molasses.

Smokeone1

IMO I think the key to his yield was tub/container!! The bigger the better. It allowed his roots to have massive amounts of space. Also strain and screen. I could never uderstand why people don't use huge tubs for grows?? Heath,nbg,Krusty,NGRC used big tubs on their grows and got great results!!

Power13

IMO I think the key to his yield was tub/container!! The bigger the better. It allowed his roots to have massive amounts of space. Also strain and screen. I could never uderstand why people don't use huge tubs for grows?? Heath,nbg,Krusty,NGRC used big tubs on their grows and got great results!!

I agree Smokeone1, the reason my plant yielded well, was due to the dwc tub being very large. I had a good 20 gallon tub, which is lots more root space than plants normally get. In DWC, this worked out quite well, cause they grow some big ones in there.

Sweest

Can anyone tell me at what picture he may have set that plant into flower? He mentioned only vegging 5 weeks, how much of that screen was filled before flipping to flower?

Thanks

he said half the screen was filed before he fliped to flower 50/50

and man that is rahter impressive

just wondered if you took a 600w and grew like 3-4 plants each with a diff screen and thier own 5-8 gal res. what you could get or if this is basically the max, would almost assume this is the max anything further is just remaking the wheel

NBG

Shite - i've done it again! Abandoned my grow log before i was finished. Sorry bout that. I'll be back in a few hours to let you all know how it went! Thanks for the interest :)

NBG

Off that last grow i got 12 oz of primo buds and 1 oz of very resinous scraggly lettuce, so pretty much 13oz intotal which i was very pleased with for a winter grow! It was never going to be a record breaker in that tiny cupboard but it still just goes to show what a cracking strain powerplant is. I've not grown anything since but i intend on doing another early next year - perhaps with a digital 600W, i can't wait.
On the subject of tub size i agree, its good to have a big ole tub. Also rather than just making the jump from small tub to massive tub in one repot - i like to repot progressively into larger tubs. maybe 3 or 4 times throughout veg. I think the end result might be that you get more roots condensed into the volume of the pot if that makes sense? If you can imagine putting your seeding straight into its final pot - the roots will just slowly grow outwards to the edges and gradually fill the pot over time. However, if you put the seedling into a small pot, leave it till its chocablock with roots then repot into a slightly bigger one, that in turn will fill with roots and so on - you end up with a much more condensed and concentrated rootball? I may be talking rubbish but it's food for thought anyway.
Take it easy folks!
NBG

Leviathan

i didnt hear anything about the odor of the chronic, on here in a low odor thread ''chronic'' came in second place as a very low odor strain, i heard u say the powerplant smelled a little but nothing concerning the chronic. did she reek?

NBG

I would definitely classify chronic as being a low odour smelling strain - of course it smells a bit and you have to use odour control etc etc but it doesn't have that pure cabbagey dense funk smell that you get with other strains. What strain came first in that competition?
Powerplant on the other hand is pretty smelly, not the worst - but still pretty strong.

bterzz

Veteran
The chronic I just harvested outdoors REAKS of Sweet Skunks.

Very smelly indeed.

I hear Chronic is one of those "hit or miss, 1 in a 100" type strains when it comes to finding a good quality pheno (other then yield)

Impressive work NBG!

Leviathan

:abduct:u guys know of any heavy bangers that dont reak out there, pref available in feminized variety and at attitude seed bank,...lol, im looking for the low stank high outpoot babies to fill up my space with, i was thinking chronics supposed to be super low funk but who knows, also people talk about N.L being low odor but other of it reakin, anybody got two cents to chime in with. ciao, thx. :yoinks::abduct::yoinks::abduct:

i also wish to know the way you pulled this off, its amazing. i aspire to accomplish the same. this is all hydro? constant topping and training? did you continue to top through flowering? i cant fathom how it recovered from topping so many times in 5 weeks, its amazing.... needless to say... over impressed, congrats man.

Orcala

You mentioned your growing medium was soil/choco/hydroton combo or something of the sort I believe. Hand fed once per day?!. How much do you feed them with? I have just finalized a Drip DWC system and am not particularly happy with the setup but am very pleased with yours and it's cleanliness/yields. Any tips in this regard? DDWC is so heavy and sloppy.

BIG props on your grows. Always clean, proper and precise.

NBG

Hey guys check this out
http://www.growshopalien.com/onlineshop/contents/en-uk/d121.html
scroll down to the chronic - recognize the pics? how cool is that?:)

Leviathan -chronic fits your bill perfectly! Shame its not feminised though...

Harvest Time - Yep it was all simple hydro. Really got lucky with that grow. Great seed, good timing, good environmental conditions, nicely aerated medium etc etc, no bug probs or nute defs - it all just clicked! Can't remember if i topped or not? If i did it would have been just the once although i probably didnt because there was a massive main cola right in the middle of it by the looks of things. As for recovery, so long as a plant is healthy it will recover from most things. I have to say though all of my foliage removal and tying down takes place during veg and only up to the second week of flowering. After that i pretty much leave it alone -except the odd bit of leaf removal if budsites are getting shaded.

Orcala - The medium was just hydroton balls and rockwool cubes. The hydroton provides a great drainage layer at the bottom of the pot and serves as a good barrier on the top layer (to stop light getting to the rockwool which always results in green algae). The airstone i threw in the bottom of the pot probably helped a great deal too. Yes i fed them once a day. How much? i dunno litres and litres until it ran down into the tray and filled it up a couple of inches. By lights out time it would have drank it all. I've never done DWC but i agree, it does look a bit messy and finicky! I prefer to keep it simple.

Old Time Lurker - cheers!

Going to be doing another scrog fest some time early next year. Really tempted to do chronic again for old times sake but i also wouldn't mind doing some original afghani no#1. Its the building block for absolutely loads of crosses and is supposed to be just superb. Flowering time is 45 days as well which makes it even more attractive!
Thanks again for your interest mon homies. I'm very flattered.
Catch y'all later

gardenlover

Hey NBG, I have been following this thread for a while now, and am amazed at your results. I am not much of a poster but have read this numerous times. I agree that the large tub helped with the output, I have always been taught (by grandma and such) that a plant cant get bigger than its root system. I have been growing in very small places and was kinda surprised by the results i got but I was too using a large tub. I have never been able to have full control over the environment and could not imagine the results I would have gotten if I wasn't growing such poor temperatures. I will be doing a grow log once I get the keepers sorted from my current Chronic grow. I will probably do a side by side with some different methods, but i will see how much light it left once I get all set up.