What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

DoublePlatinum

Just grabbed the last 5 packs of these lcg x el puré (uptown haze bx)

“El Puré is late 90s uptown haze, back crossed to itself for stabilization. This is Troy's cut from 186th and St Nicholas. A timeless classic”

I was originally waiting for the piffcoast x terphogz collab but realized that it won’t be happening any time soon so I just sniped what was left of these.

From what I’ve heard about piff crosses is they tend to dominate the cross and lcg happens to be one of those dom strains as well. I’m really curious about what could unfold from these, what do you guys think?

B07CFD68-5E37-42B8-B734-1E87BF9F05C8.jpeg

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
doubleplatinum - That sounds like an intersting cross. I'm only now realizing how many seed companies jumped on the piff band wagon. I'm sure there are some good representations of nostalgic cultivars and new unique ones to be found, especially if proper cuts were used. Good luck on the hunt let us know when you pop them. Gotta be something sweet in 5 packs.

I'm just chugging along in cruise control right now. Battling fungus gnats. I think people largely under estimate the damage fungus gnats cause. They substancially slow the rooting of cuttings if they get in your dome. The nematodes will feast on the root bumps that are trying to push roots out. If the infestation is bad enough it will prevent them from rooting all together. I really any insect that makes my space thier home...

Time to fight them some more.

goingrey

Just grabbed the last 5 packs of these lcg x el puré (uptown haze bx)

“El Puré is late 90s uptown haze, back crossed to itself for stabilization. This is Troy's cut from 186th and St Nicholas. A timeless classic”

I was originally waiting for the piffcoast x terphogz collab but realized that it won’t be happening any time soon so I just sniped what was left of these.

From what I’ve heard about piff crosses is they tend to dominate the cross and lcg happens to be one of those dom strains as well. I’m really curious about what could unfold from these, what do you guys think?

View attachment 18941535
LCG is Lemon Cherry Gelato?

DoublePlatinum

doubleplatinum - That sounds like an intersting cross. I'm only now realizing how many seed companies jumped on the piff band wagon. I'm sure there are some good representations of nostalgic cultivars and new unique ones to be found, especially if proper cuts were used. Good luck on the hunt let us know when you pop them. Gotta be something sweet in 5 packs.

I'm just chugging along in cruise control right now. Battling fungus gnats. I think people largely under estimate the damage fungus gnats cause. They substancially slow the rooting of cuttings if they get in your dome. The nematodes will feast on the root bumps that are trying to push roots out. If the infestation is bad enough it will prevent them from rooting all together. I really any insect that makes my space thier home...

Yes I’ve noticed a fair bit of breeders trying to get piff to the masses and I’m all for it.

I’m hoping to find multiple phenos that have bag appeal and grow 55-60 days max like lcg but retain the piff high and hopefully a candy piff terp profile. They were listed as regulars so hopefully I find a bangin stud to work this line.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
@ARTofMAKINGfire Bro the bait and switch is what people don’t understand and how the term PIFF came about

Piff is the equivalent of zaza the term piff came bc BLOCKWORK was what they sold u and PIFF is what they smoked and sold depending on who u we’re .. u ask for a zip and u getting that block work shit .. u ask for 28 dimes and u getting PIFF bc it’s his personal stash he’s selling if you weren’t hip they was gonna get u

I done been in so many of them brownstone buildings on post and nagel and Sherman

typ 82e

Yes I’ve noticed a fair bit of breeders trying to get piff to the masses and I’m all for it.

I’m hoping to find multiple phenos that have bag appeal and grow 55-60 days max like lcg but retain the piff high and hopefully a candy piff terp profile. They were listed as regulars so hopefully I find a bangin stud to work this line.
Keep an eye on the LCG crosses for sacks. I've found em on 2 different lcg crosses so i expect it was the common denominator.
Did you grab some beans of the Pure bx too?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user

I suggest you water your plants with garlic and onions water.
Take onions and garlic and chop them put them in water for few h's and than water your plants.
It kill babys of gnats in soil.
And for big ones mosquito spray will do the thing.

And try to less often water your plants.

Rgd

Veteran
This girl is loud purple uptown (piffy)
this looks way more sativa than the uptown purps ..

is it “uptown" with out the blue dream in it?

by all [my <- lol]standards the uptown purps I am growing should be one I don’t like

but find I smoke some at 4:20..feel a relaxed wave come over me..

think oh no..this has run its thing and I will feel sedated..

but 10 minuts later I find I am high and hav euphoria and happy energy

I think this hybrid is gonna work..I am letting it grow as long as it looks like it has more goods to give

its still stacking calyxes and resin central now

I do find myself thinking the more sativa look in your photo might have less relaxation

and be more zingy

your " purple uptown (piffy)” is a clone or s1 or something

and is it a cross?

thanks good job

ps I live up north in a swamp and am far from being NYC scoring piff hip

I live through this thread and you cool NYC denizens!!

Rgd

Veteran
fave Uptown cut chopped today ..

three more of that cut in various stage of flowering[ need a stash]

did not take sample buds of Uptown Purps the other day..yikes

I am sad..

this definitely shows how good it is..

I have lots of other weed..

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
Uptown Purps is dried..

final report

its potent ,tasty resinous ,hybrid weed that yields well, and works well even for a pure sativa guy..

typ 82e

this looks way more sativa than the uptown purps ..

is it “uptown" with out the blue dream in it?

by all [my <- lol]standards the uptown purps I am growing should be one I don’t like

but find I smoke some at 4:20..feel a relaxed wave come over me..

think oh no..this has run its thing and I will feel sedated..

but 10 minuts later I find I am high and hav euphoria and happy energy

I think this hybrid is gonna work..I am letting it grow as long as it looks like it has more goods to give

its still stacking calyxes and resin central now

I do find myself thinking the more sativa look in your photo might have less relaxation

and be more zingy

your " purple uptown (piffy)” is a clone or s1 or something

and is it a cross?

thanks good job

ps I live up north in a swamp and am far from being NYC scoring piff hip

I live through this thread and you cool NYC denizens!!
Using uptown purp as the generic descriptive term it is. As opposed to gold, green or brown haze/piff terps.

Not a strain name nor anything to do with bluedream fems.
It's just a regular photoperiod haze hybrid of nevs A5 and ny hazes.

IMG_20240124_181046414.jpg

Rgd

Veteran
Using uptown purp as the generic descriptive term it is. As opposed to gold, green or brown haze/piff terps.
that looks way sativa..and looks awesome

terps smell hybrid creamy perfumey dunno..but not what I call hazy sativa terps

have no idea what the uptown purps thing is...

have never had brown haze..or purps

and said “hybrid" because there is blue dream in there

I am generally an all sativa guy...but if like it ilike it

Rgd

Veteran
It's just a regular photoperiod haze hybrid of nevs A5 and ny hazes.
this is more relevant to the thread than the hybrid I grew

I know the logging of my grow here is not PIFF/or any of the NY hazes

if someone was posting here I would have posted less..

I look forward to hearing seeing how that one of yours shares up/finishes

I have cbh s’1 and s2’s I can grow.. and if I ever do ,I will show them

and I am done with this grow..thanks for the patience

weedape

Don’t let me stop you from saying what you want lol. Not to be black or too hazy but, ny names are a little too shady and I’m not the one spittin’ on your onion rings. Gotta stay connected from the roots up if you wanna shake the canopy a bit.

phunkeeboodah

a few inches of sand stopped the gnats ime, and it maintains and regulates soil moisture to the edge of the pot and makes watering easy you can pour a glass of water over the surface and it all soaks in at once and the sand holds it and evenly waters top down

let it dry and you can pour it from the pot when re potting to reuse it also, or for top dressing when its dry scoop to the side and add fertilizer then fill back in (mr nice ortega in the pics btw)

2024-01-27_tegas3.JPG