What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Watery, odourless resin, unusual for Super Lemon

billyblog

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did Super Lemon Haze from a clone with a well proven history, done in dirt, ended up with super watery resin with little to no odour to it, guessing it may have been either due to one of two variables, either the frequency of watering it (every 2nd day) or the excessive heat it was subject to during flowering. You get the resin on you that usually doesn't come off without oil or alcohol, just washes off immediately with water and soap.
This shit is normally the bomb but now wondering whether it's going to have any kick to it....
Anyone here got any clues :dunno:

TIA

billy

Cvh

Supermod
What you mean with resin? Dry sift or water hash or... ?

Excessive heat can blast off the terps, happened to me several times too and I ended up with carrot smelling weed...

Also only water when your pots feel light when you lift them up. Don't just water according to some schedule.
You can either water log them otherwise or underwater them. Only water when needed.

billyblog

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Cvh, they got extra light and water, weather was extra hot too but ended up with watery hash, little smell to the bud, but buds ended up extra large and fat

billy

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
*SNIP

Also only water when your pots feel light when you lift them up. Don't just water according to some schedule.
You can either water log them otherwise or underwater them. Only water when needed.
Sorry CV :frown: but that statement lacks accuracy.

I agree with what you are saying, OTOH, I have my girls dialed into a 3 day schedule W D D F D D W and they don't miss a beat. I grow indoors with a dialed in environment.

I also go by pot weight, verified by a moisture meter (when in doubt). On the 3rd day, the moisture level at the root zone is sitting right on the line between moist and dry, sometime just slightly below it. That being said, they get a specific amount. IMHO it is no different then having an irrigation system or bubblers set up on a timer etc...

BTW, I didn't stumble onto it overnight :tiphat:

carson

Excessive heat definitely produces large larfy buds lacking in flavor. Not exactly sure about watery resin.

Drewsif

Excessive heat definitely produces large larfy buds lacking in flavor. Not exactly sure about watery resin.

Complete myth based around the fact so many crappy hydro growers are worried about their stupid terpenes...

I still ask the question.. Why aren't people sprinkling salt terpenes on their French fries? Flavor molecules, sugars, acids, proteins, etc don't evaporate. Lamest excuse I've ever heard. "oh this snickers bar taste bad, guess the terpenes evaporated"

Latest posts

Latest posts