What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dont eat grains, Ergot is toxic

Did you know for cattle with as little as 0.02% ergot causes serious health complications including gangrene.

I hate how governments allow the growing and use of grains when they are always infected with ergot, they allow up to 0.3% of ergot in grain! it is poisonous and not fit for animal consumption, including humans
:snap out of it:

There are allot of people that are gluten free, as science relates many diseases to gluten.

My belief is, its not gluten that causes things like leaky brain, villi damage, nerve pain or this lost of reported illnesses Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders Depression Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) Schizophrenia Facial Palsy Disorder (Bell’s Palsy) Bipolar Disease Tremor and spasm Autism Sensory Nerve Damage Multiple Sclerosis Migraine Headache

But rather, the ergot alkaloids in wheat, barley, rye, oats and all other grains except rice and corn

I my self went grain free when i found out grains contained ergot. After a couple weeks my health imporoved drastically, burning neruopathic pains became much better (already have a neurological condition) and my mind cleared drastically in a way i have never experienced in my life.

I tried wheat products a couple times since and have noticed that I feel almost like I had alow dose of bad mushrooms or lsd, but it felt much darker than psychedelics, i get wierd burning pains throughout my muscles anf body, my mind gets foggy like a bad trip kind of foggy, i feel off, my body is telling me its the ergot, and my body refuses to eat wheat or ergot grains, even cattle refuse feed because they know the ergot is poison

:snap out of it:

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I agree that gluten gets a bad rap as cover for many other issues related to grains and the processing of them. Gluten has its issues but it takes the blame for so much more.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
How come rice and corn get away from whatever this thing is? Never heard of it before, so I know nothing.

St. Phatty

If grains were that toxic, humans would not have survived this long.

I don't doubt that some people might develop allergies to specific foods.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How do you identify ergot on foods?

The only ergot I've run across is the ergot rye I read about when Dr Albert Hoffman discovered much to mine and many others delight, LSD. :good:

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The alkaloids would be extracted and chromatographed. p-DMAB is the Fast Blue of the ergot world. Nothingburger full of carbohydrates.

St. Phatty

"LSD, potent synthetic hallucinogenic drug that can be derived from the ergot alkaloids of the fungus Claviceps purpurea."

how did they discover this ? someone ate some moldy rye bread and tripped ?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Presumably somewhere before wheat and rye are ground there is some mechanical separation of the ergot from the grain, and valuable piles of it somewhere. If anyone should see one, please note the location and let me know and it will be made safe.

HGCC

Bless u ergot! We would be out licking toads to break down those doors of perception without it.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Just read at lucys-magazin.com that they had to return a whole batch of a specific local flour producer in germany because too much ergot. People got sick and halluzinations like st anthonys fire.

A lot of people assume imo that ergot was the active ingredient of kykeon used at the eleusinian mysteries. The recepie for that would be nice but people were not allowed to talk about it under penalty of death. Some source mention wine, barley and goat cheese.

How do you identify ergot on foods?
You can identify it in whole grain as its visible unlike flour.

Ypu can see the black grains among the rest (are to see) are infected, the one with storms is later in infection,

Any crop of wheat, rye, barley, oats, will for sure have some infected stalks, there is no way around it, except of course not growing it :dance:

Attachments

• download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-20201031-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20201031-WA0001.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20201031-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20201031-WA0002.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20201031-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20201031-WA0003.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20201031-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20201031-WA0000.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 22
Limits worldwide

Limits worldwide

Ergot thresholds (United States Standards for Grain) are determined as a proportion of sclerotia weight per grain weight. Thresholds are ---0.05--- percent for wheat, ---0.1---percent for barley, ---0.1--- percent for oats, ---0.1---- percent for triticale and ----0.3---- percent for rye.
0.02% sclerotia max in the UK
0.05% sclerotia max in the EU
0.01% sclerotia max in Canada

From
https://extension.sdstate.edu/ergot-potential-livestock-poisoning-problem
!!!!!!!Levels of ergot fed at ------- 0.02% ------ of body weight fed for 11 days resulted in ----gangrenous ergotism---- in cattle.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That equates to a bit over 3 ounces per day for a 1000# cow. In general, 0.5% ergot in the ration has resulted in poor-doers, and rates between 0.3% and 1.0% of the ration resulted in gangrenous ergotism when fed for several weeks.

From https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/ergot
---
Due to the deleterious effects of ergot and ergot alkaloid exposure to animals, some countries have set exposure limits for these substances in food or feed. In the USA the tolerance level for ergot in grain is --------- 0.3% --------- crude ergot alkaloid. Levels of --------- 0.1% ------ ergot in feeds may have deleterious effects on livestock

From
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6560453/#!po=0.862069
Maximum limits are in the pipeline of the EU Commission while at present ergot sclerotia content is set by the Regulation (EC) No. 1881/2006 in unprocessed cereals (-------0.05%--------as a maximum)
They rye and wheat products (with bread containing the highest on average) contained 2.5-1142.6 µg/kg of ergot alkaloids

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I ate and drank grains today.

I looked around and sure enough I realized that this country has Donald Trump for a president.

I have to be hallucinating.

troutman

Seed Whore
Ergot isn't rare if you are in the right location and know where to look. :peek:

It's common in wild ryegrass that grows near moist areas. These are my pics. The wild ryegrass ergot was found within
40 feet of a highway in my city. The grain ergot came from a bag of Winter Rye seeds used for cover crops. Cover crop
seeds don't need to be as clean as rye used for food purposes.

Germinating ergot takes time and is a secret. ;)

Ryegrass ergot.

picture.php

Germinated Rye Grain Ergot

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts