What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Interesting, different effects.

G

Hi all,

What are your favorite effects, and what kind of genetics do you associate to them?

I am a relatively new grower (7 years), finally looking to explore new effects after growing 100% dutch and american hybrids so far.

When I started growing I took advice strain-wise from friends and local grow shop owners. Which means I have grown mostly commercial, big yielding, very high THC strains. Where I live (Spain) 90% of people only grow/buy Critical style strains, and that's all I ever got recommended.

Not really happy with the outcome. Everything I grow is way too strong, stupefying and tiring. Makes me lazy and unable to smoke anything until 6-7 PM. I can enjoy it in the evening watching a movie but I am looking for something different.

It hasn't been until the last year when I really started investigating about different effects than what I'm used to. For the moment as a first step I am growing a few of ACE's hybrids, my intention being to explore what effects different genetics provide, and continue my search from there.

So what interesting effects are awaiting for me in this new sativa world? I should clarify I am not totally new to sativas because when I was a teenager that's what we could score very ocasionally. Happy giggly weed basically. Where I live most people smoke moroccan hash + tobacco and I really liked the high and got used to it so I never bothered with weed too much.

When I stopped smoking cigarettes after 20 years of not touching weed I started growing, but so far none of the strains I have tried have much "fun" to them, Sativa hybrids that I grew are too racy, uneasy and uncomfortable even. Indica dominants just make me lazy and numb.

I am looking for milder effects, something thatt will allow me to smoke during the day and still be active/workout/do outdoor stuff. Also, do you think my plan makes sense? (growing ACE strains to get an idea of what effects I like most, then looking for "purer" strains in search of these effects).

Please excuse the long post, any advice or cool experiences are appreciated.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Guawi

Guawi

Funny, I was just about to do a smoke report for Ace's Guawi, a mix of 75% Guatemala sativa and Malawi which I bought for its 'complex terpene profile'.

It's good for daytime, easygoing, up, gently soaring sativa that makes you feel happy and dance like no one is watching all the while thinking deep thoughts and re-adjusting your attitude.

I love it!;)

Rembetis

I keep trying to spread the word but dont get much response.

Ace Lebanese is a really nice and balanced happy smoke. You can smoke daytime or evening. It is whatever you want it to be at the moment. I am sure that there will be a heavier cbd leaning plant in there but havent found it yet in mine. It is all very balanced.

People think it is weak I guess but it deserves a place in the stash. It is good to have a spectrum to choose from I think

Rosomah

picture.php

Know the feeling man, started 10 years ago with mostly thai influenced home seeds (they were from a friend whos mother was a total hippie often went to SE Asia). High was really racy and not so good for emotionally damaged young me.

lately i am more into himalayan genetics and more hash/butter than bud smoking.
If you are looking for balance i would go with landraces, since you live in spain i assume your season can last up to start of december. If you want to play around with climate maps to see what suits you i recommend Köppen-Geiger climate classification on sites like there:
https://koeppen-geiger.vu-wien.ac.at/present.htm
(no https)

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
avoid thais and africans, you need south american genetics, oaxacans or colombians, I think purple honduras haze from Ace, is ideal for you.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Hi all,

What are your favorite effects, and what kind of genetics do you associate to them?

I am a relatively new grower (7 years), finally looking to explore new effects after growing 100% dutch and american hybrids so far.

When I started growing I took advice strain-wise from friends and local grow shop owners. Which means I have grown mostly commercial, big yielding, very high THC strains. Where I live (Spain) 90% of people only grow/buy Critical style strains, and that's all I ever got recommended.

Not really happy with the outcome. Everything I grow is way too strong, stupefying and tiring. Makes me lazy and unable to smoke anything until 6-7 PM. I can enjoy it in the evening watching a movie but I am looking for something different.

It hasn't been until the last year when I really started investigating about different effects than what I'm used to. For the moment as a first step I am growing a few of ACE's hybrids, my intention being to explore what effects different genetics provide, and continue my search from there.

So what interesting effects are awaiting for me in this new sativa world? I should clarify I am not totally new to sativas because when I was a teenager that's what we could score very ocasionally. Happy giggly weed basically. Where I live most people smoke moroccan hash + tobacco and I really liked the high and got used to it so I never bothered with weed too much.

When I stopped smoking cigarettes after 20 years of not touching weed I started growing, but so far none of the strains I have tried have much "fun" to them, Sativa hybrids that I grew are too racy, uneasy and uncomfortable even. Indica dominants just make me lazy and numb.

I am looking for milder effects, something thatt will allow me to smoke during the day and still be active/workout/do outdoor stuff. Also, do you think my plan makes sense? (growing ACE strains to get an idea of what effects I like most, then looking for "purer" strains in search of these effects).

Please excuse the long post, any advice or cool experiences are appreciated.

No solo en España. Echa un vistazo aqui en ICMag: los "refritos comerciales" son lo más demandado y plantado a nivel general en todas partes.

En cuanto a lo demás, en España yo siempre he oído clasificar las sativas por su efecto como:

1- Eléctricas, o anfetamínicas, o cafeinicas, o excitantes, o taquicardicas, o espidicas...
2- Lisergicas, o triposas...
3- Eufóricas, o motivantes, o positivizantes, o alegres...
4- Introspectivas, o creativas, o cerebrales...
5- Tendencias de indica.

Una planta puede tener perfectamente uno o varios de esos efectos juntos, y en el ultimo caso, un efecto puede ser mucho mas marcado que otro.
Por lo que comentas, a ti no te van las Eléctricas (1), y pareces buscar los tipos (3), y/o (4), y/o (2), creo...

CannaBioGen, Asociación de Cultivadores Españoles (A.C.E.), Tropical Seeds Company, o Original Delicatessen, por ejemplo, son excelentes bancos españoles para encontrar sativas de la máxima calidad.

Un saludo desde Sierra Morena.

G

Thanks for the replies guys!

It's good for daytime, easygoing, up, gently soaring sativa that makes you feel happy and dance like no one is watching all the while thinking deep thoughts and re-adjusting your attitude.

That does sound fun, how long does it take to flower?

Rembetis said:
People think it is weak I guess but it deserves a place in the stash. It is good to have a spectrum to choose from I think

Weak is not a problem, as I am looking for a daytime smoke. I agree on the variety.

Rosomah said:
since you live in spain i assume your season can last up to start of december

Sadly I am limited to indoor growing. I have some nosy neighbors.

MAHA KALA said:
avoid thais and africans, you need south american genetics, oaxacans or colombians, I think purple honduras haze from Ace, is ideal for you.

I am growing Tikal among others at the moment. So I think I will be able to have a taste of mexican genetics at least to have an idea. Also growing Thai Chi and Congo which go against your recommendation. We will see :))

Montuno said:
Por lo que comentas, a ti no te van las Eléctricas (1), y pareces buscar los tipos (3), y/o (4), y/o (2), creo...

Lo has clavado, mi variedad ideal sería 2 tercios de 3, un tercio de 4 y un pellizquito de 2 para darle salsita.

Im'One

The Lebanese can vary from plant to plant. Some are heavy hitters some are not. One green stemmed pheno I grew was a morning smoke that gave me a clear headed buzz similar to a strong cup of coffe, it helps me get organized, feel like doing something type of smoke.

Veggia farmer

I have not much experience with different genetics to be honest. But I really like some of the crosses I have grown that contaminates Leb27. Some phenos were for me the ones that would get me going for hours being, active and creative. I do know ACE has some lebanese aswell.

LOL. I look up and see I`m One also talks about Lebanese.

G

The Lebanese can vary from plant to plant. Some are heavy hitters some are not. One green stemmed pheno I grew was a morning smoke that gave me a clear headed buzz similar to a strong cup of coffe, it helps me get organized, feel like doing something type of smoke.

This is not the first time I read about the Lebanese needing some selection to find the effect you're looking for. Is that the case with Ace's strain?

El Timbo

With sativas I enjoy the uplifting glad to be alive effect - I also find them to be creative, I often find myself looking for my camera. Another effect from sativas is the time warping effect. And I often find myself talking non stop if I'm with friends.

My only pure sativa atm is ACE's Malawi x Panama - I love it but it is capable of ruining a siesta!

G

I love it but it is capable of ruining a siesta!

Haha we don't want that do we. I am getting old and my siesta has become my favorite moment of the day. I am following your journal and they look great, but I think both Panama and Malawi are too strong for what I am looking for. Still I got some Panama regulars as a freebie so I will grow them eventually.

Veggia farmer

HFH or zenseeds have had leb27 or libanon 30.. Strain that has been grown outdoors since late 60 in danmark. Some variation, but not hard to find something good. Photosensitive due to long days and shor nights in Danmark.

Rembetis

This is not the first time I read about the Lebanese needing some selection to find the effect you're looking for. Is that the case with Ace's strain?

Ace already did the hard work. It is a beautiful strain. Check out their Lebanese thread in the ACE section

Rurumo

ACE is by far my favorite seed source. You haven't really smoked good bud until you've smoked landrace sativa. People are so used to the stupefying narcotic couch-lock high that's been promoted and forced on the public by unscrupulous seed companies looking to make a buck, and growers who only care about the highest THC strain in the SHORTEST amount of time possible-it's American corporate capitalism's attack on the world of cannabis. Strains like Oldtimer haze that might take 15-20 weeks to finish have no place in this new regime, unless we make a place for it. And don't listen to some of these people, try ALL the landrace strains you can find. I love a good African strain as much as any South American, but don't neglect the amazing diversity in Asian and Himalayan strains either. Keep up the good work ACE, I will be placing a large order when I expand my grow next year!

El Timbo

Haha we don't want that do we. I am getting old and my siesta has become my favorite moment of the day. I am following your journal and they look great, but I think both Panama and Malawi are too strong for what I am looking for. Still I got some Panama regulars as a freebie so I will grow them eventually.

¡La siesta sagrada!

G

BUMP for other interesting sativa effects that differ from commercial strains, and also any cool anecdotes or wacky situations they might have gotten you into. :D

Rembetis

Mind expanding or an awakening I guess you could call it or a better form of psycho activity?
The broad leaf types seem to take you only so far mentally and I find it really boring. With a good Sativa my mind is awake and when I close my eyes I get all kinds of colorful visuals dancing in my head and all kinds of creativity. I'd much rather have that than just sitting there numbed out.

El Timbo

Still I got some Panama regulars as a freebie so I will grow them eventually.

They might be a good option for you!

I've had a couple of volcano sessions with the fresh mxp and I've been reminded of a few more things I love about "sativas".

I find they get me on my feet and I start stretching or squatting - I get hyper aware of my body - sometimes when I'm walking I become very aware of my skeleton.

They also make me play pool like a god! Seriously - it's like the cue and I become one - I know the ball is going down the hole - and down it goes. When I play pool on "indica" I'm like a drunk and I miss easy shots.

romanoweed

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i myselve like the kind anxietyfree weed.

from what i heard :
sinai - realseedcompany: blissful, but probably not as activating as you wish, but very close to you description

khmer gold -nirvana seeds : a bit too psychedelic probably, but activating ,zero anxiety and no depression.
[/FONT]