What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casamance Senegal

funkyhorse

Senegal Haze Afropips original
Cassamance sativa x Phoenix haze which is Nevil Haze 97 or SSH 97

This is the only one I succeded to get going

This stuff was made in 2008 or before
Thank you very much for posting!

picture.php

ahortator

Veteran
Do you know anything about the curing process they use there? Do they use something as the Malawi cob or so?

A friend got a few seeds from a coworker, I think from Kédougou (actually he misspelled the correct name of the place but the sound was almost like that). He told me the high was nice and enjoyable but very brief for him. I guess it could be due to the presence of THCV, but I really don't know.

https://www.thecannachronicles.com/...LfxK2rcVcoCZTU9Gk6y2U0Moilx9ubcsjNrKetXAQBEgQ

Thanks for all the heart warming words!

@[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]funkyhorse [/FONT]Senegal Haze sound fire

from the breeders point of view this genetics has some interessting points

especially the seeds from the mangroves are tested for salt tolerance - when you are inside the mangroves your whole body gets covered in salt just through the wind

since 1960 there was not that much tourism in the region and the locals do not use genetics from outside
someone told me the seeds were imported from south america arround 1950 and pollinated on the open field since.

as fucked up war is in this case it properbly prevented the hybridisation of this fine heirloom

flowering times are not bad with 3 Month @ 12/12

on the other hand the aroma is not very strong and the high is hectic

Do you know anything about the curing process they use there? Do they use something as the Malawi cob or so? [...]

Curing

- whole plants dry under the sun
- they remove the buds from the mainstem (incredibly nice to see 3 generations of people doing that job together)

Thats it ;)

This is what they serve for 30,- €

the last picture has to much light - was the hard way to learn how import uv filters are

I put the video in 4K resolution here https://hanf.ninja/casamance.html you can download it with a right click and you have a little background information as well

next thing to do is a little gallery about the weed only :)

seeds were brought to europe but one package did not germinate and the other package germinated fine but was flushed down the toilet due to security reasons :/ original plan was to sell them to finance the next trip

ahortator

Veteran
What a pity! I hope you have contacts there. Perhaps they can send to you some seeds and you can begin again. Good luck!

Thank you!
The problem is you want to choose the seeds by yourself and I'm not going there in the near future.

Like here I found a perfect small bushy phenotype with tropical fruit fregrances so I take the seeds and make a picture where I stored them.
picture.php
picture.php

There is plenty of seeds. Let me tell you this. On one plantation the last half of a field of the season was standing and next to it where kilos of seeds. Two kids like 8 and 12 years old were sitting under a big shadow spending tree and everytime birds came to snack some of the seeds they immediatly jumped up and run screaming towards the birds till they scared them away.

picture.php