What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella XX - Brothers Grimm

blondie

Bought a pack of these feminized seeds from DC Seed Exchange. DC came through timely and delivered what I ordered. Very simple and worry free. Grew it out and harvested. It was soon obvious that something in my garden went hermi. My guess is Cinderella Xx hermied on me. I spend a long time picking through the buds and removing as many seeds as I can find before grinding. I’m sure this is knocking off crystals. Once I get to vaping, it is a decent indica type high. It’s just above average I would say. I get a bit spacey at times. Very relaxed. No jitters, not anxious. I sleep quite well after 4-5 bowls through my flowerpot vape.

Taste is unremarkable really. Maybe very faint hint of citrus. Not bad taste, just nothing spectacular. I know I’m not getting all seeds so this must affect taste.

Overall I give the smoke an average rating and given its heavy seed content, I’ll not grow this strain again.

LostTribe

Premium user
Bought a pack of these feminized seeds from DC Seed Exchange. DC came through timely and delivered what I ordered. Very simple and worry free. Grew it out and harvested. It was soon obvious that something in my garden went hermi. My guess is Cinderella Xx hermied on me. I spend a long time picking through the buds and removing as many seeds as I can find before grinding. I’m sure this is knocking off crystals. Once I get to vaping, it is a decent indica type high. It’s just above average I would say. I get a bit spacey at times. Very relaxed. No jitters, not anxious. I sleep quite well after 4-5 bowls through my flowerpot vape.

Taste is unremarkable really. Maybe very faint hint of citrus. Not bad taste, just nothing spectacular. I know I’m not getting all seeds so this must affect taste.

Overall I give the smoke an average rating and given its heavy seed content, I’ll not grow this strain again.

You don't say?

Heres some real old school Pineapple C99 from yours truly! Cinderella #1.
picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
Well, well, well... I grew this same pack about 3-4 years ago, and I didn't see have any hernies. The smoke was good enough to keep around the stable. The plants look finished about day40. I kept them in bloom until 70, with my other plants. The taste was pronounced and sharp with flavors of dry fruit, more serious fruit instead of fun fruit. Decently potent, but not the hallmark of the strain. It's not POTENT to remember but more so pineapple and citrus - mango wine character built into the smoke. I would grow it again. I have Legend OG, Irene, and others so... don't come hatin'. C99XX is worthy smoke. User error must be acknowledged with this strain and faulty reviews.:ying:

Its totally Fake. He lied to my face and many others in person and continues to do so. I ran 24 and they were a total let down and then some. Why do you think all North American seed banks have stopped carrying his lines??

jjonahjameson

Its totally Fake. He lied to my face and many others in person and continues to do so. I ran 24 and they were a total let down and then some. Why do you think all North American seed banks have stopped carrying his lines??
I read you in the other thread, and then here. I appreciate your input.

So we're assuming that the "C99" used in the 2.0 releases are most likely something DD had crossed but in no way reflects the original?
Soul did seem to be not being truthful regarding the new releases, he was adamant it was the same C99...though we can all see it's not.

I did enjoy the new Apollo11 release as it's "similar". It has something to it in some expressions (most of the phenotypical expressions are all over the place from the dozen or more I've run since new release). Only one or two has what seems to reflect the Apollo11 from before. It has that something that C99 lent to it.
I have smoked and grown genius so I know it's not that, it must be the C99 side of things.

In any case, probably not the thread for this. But can you point me toward the discussions that might elucidate further this release and its differences from the original?

I think I picked up virtually everything he released in the last few years, but haven't run much outside of the Apollo 11 and 13.

blondie

Wow. What kinda hornets nest did I kick. My review is my experience. Agree disagree whatever. Sticking a seed in a grow bag outdoor and letting it go seems fairly idiot proof. Not sure how That could cause it to hermi. De-seeding this bud is awful. There is nearly nothing left. I will say once I get it ground up, and pick the pieces of ground seed out with tweezers, it’s a decent smoke. Getting to that point is an effort.

blondie

Now after some research I see what hornets nest I kicked. FYI to anyone and everyone.. I knew almost nothing of Cinderella xx or Cindy or brothers Grimm before a day or two ago. I ordered seeds as they were available and sounded like a decent write up. Now I see it’s a contentious strain. My review stands. Im not hatin for no reason. Im hating as this is not the best weed and with seeds belongs in the trash. If you disagree good for you. Enjoy your endless supply of hermi seeds when you grow.

blondie

Not sure how an honest unbiased report is a waste or carrying hate around. That’s a really weird comment. I wrote it to share my experience and hopefully it helps people make an informed decision. I only wish I would have researched more before purchasing. Buyer beware..

Quitters

I never could understand the motivation behind said newer ingredients... surely with all the access to c99 genetics out there he could have created something closer to the so desired C99 phenos so so many love

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never could understand the motivation behind said newer ingredients... surely with all the access to c99 genetics out there he could have created something closer to the so desired C99 phenos so so many love

You know you would think so but honestly I think the problem is ALL the cindy that's floating around isn't Cindy. Cindy wasn't stable to start with and now I bet you could find 100 Cindy seeds all with dubious at best lineage. My honest read is getting the "right" genotype of Cindy and stabilizing that would be hard/long project to start with, add to that what happened in 02 and the subsequent adulterations of Cindy 99 genetics to meet market demand in Brother's absence working back to "original" Cindy is going to be a labor of love. Getting an "Evil Pineapple" genotype stabilized might be beyond the remaining true genetics reach.

Lost Tribe and one other project are the only two I'm aware of that (to me) look to bare anything near the fruit of original Cindy.

TLDR: The road back to Cindy is gonna be long and only taken by those who truly love Cindy and who time was generous to.

Mr. Stinky

No amount of selective human breeding will result in a neanderthal child.

No amount of modern mess c99 bx'ing will result in a p94 or genius or a mysterious jack herer cut. if your wife dies, her sister doesn't replace her no matter how much they look alike.

So, the best we can hope for is working our current old stock in search of something reasonably close to what we remember as cindy.

Theres also the issue of human perception in the mix. We remember things differently than they actually were, and we experience the same things differently at different times in life. So unless you have a buddy with a bonafide original pineapple or grapefruit cut, do you really even know what you are looking at? And today, with pineapple And grapefruit junk in every weed store, is the real thing even that great in modern comparison?

A bit sacrilegious to say, but it's probably true.

Crazy Chester

Theres also the issue of human perception in the mix. We remember things differently than they actually were, and we experience the same things differently at different times in life. So unless you have a buddy with a bonafide original pineapple or grapefruit cut, do you really even know what you are looking at? And today, with pineapple And grapefruit junk in every weed store, is the real thing even that great in modern comparison? A bit sacrilegious to say, but it's probably true.

This is a really good point, Mr. Stinky. I often wonder if my taste has changed since the last time I had my original Cindy cut (about 12 years ago). Hypothetically, lets say the grower who gave me my cut and the cut itself were still around and he gave me a new cut of the same original Cindy clone he gave me 20 years ago. Would I recognize it as still being special in the same way I did 12 years ago - or, would I find it is different? If it's the latter, it would go a long way to explain why a lot of us have had limited success popping the currently available seeds out there that descend from the original Cindy to find something like the original Cindy that most of us last sampled over a decade ago.

Mr. Stinky

I agree. And I bet it's some of both. The cut probably didn't change much, if any, but as we become geezerly curmudgeons we get pickier and our taste buds are different, plus the last time I grew that cut I was a dumb kid growing in a tote of promix under an industrial 400w mh in a moldy basement with a box fan blowing dirt and spiderwebs on the poor princess. :D

None of that phased the 20yr old me. But the 40yr old me would never grow it the same way

Crazy Chester

...but as we become geezerly curmudgeons...
I confess to being a geezer and I think I have a decent shot at reaching curmudgeon some day - so, I get what you're saying - at least until I forget what you had said, because sometimes geezers forget. ;)

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is original BrosGrimm Cindy I ran from 1998 > 2008 ( when I lost her) 50 days she was DONE & Would recognize her in a heartbeat anywhere anytime:shucks:
picture.php
picture.php

Crazy Chester

Thanks for your honest review!

Latest posts

Latest posts