What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TS1000 daisy chained ;)

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I got my tent a few days ago, this just arrived, the latest mars giveaway light. SP150. The obvious temptation is to take the TS1000 down and run it next to the TSL2000 for the big girls. But I'll be good and wait till I can get space cleared for the tent that was given away with it. Then run them as the combo they were intended to be.

Wow, that sp150 sure is bigger than expected. Can't wait to get my sp3000 so I can play with it. It's probably a monster and almost too big of a light for my tent to take.
cograts on the plants and new light! :lurk:
:wave:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah, the plants aren't going as I hoped. I used a mother that reverted from quad to tri. It seems the seeds inherited that trait. Not sure how they all got the trait, it doesn't make sense. It doesn't fit any of the models I've been working with. Not only are the quads reverting, but a friend who's got seeds for their outdoor grow, is reporting the same thing with the tris they are getting. Namely they are turning bi-foliar. One or two I could understand, but there seems to be something wrong with that generation. I'm popping another 100 to look at. Next step is to take a look at the quad by tri gen. Same father but a stable tri mother. If they are no good either, I'm going to have to go back a generation and redo this one. I hate having to do that, but it happens.
The light in the other hand will be interesting. I'll be running one of the clones under it. Probably the hamlet as I have other plans for the black ghash. They may not pan out, but hoping to make an interesting outcross with it in 7 weeks or so. So I'm thinking one plant in a 2*2 with sp150 over it to compare results with the TS series. Not so much comparing yield, but plant requirements and end product with and without UV light.
Anyway, rambling, later.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bad luck on the quads...Have you ever looked into the possibility of the reversion back to tri being environmentally influenced? i guess it could even be something to do with epigenetics??? good job you like a challenge lol, a difficult trait for sure.... but they do look cool in their full glory!
VG

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
As I'm sure you can imagine, its something I've been giving a little bit of thought. Due to the compost that's been available in this area recently, not being my preferred brand, and both myself and the other party using poorer stuff, the only environmental influence in common, that could possibly induce a need for the plants to reduce their output of new growth, is insufficient nutrient availability. I would have expected that to simply reduce speed or size, but who knows. I'll try the next quads I find in richer stuff and bigger pots to start off, and see what happens. The first 30 have popped out of soil this morning, no quads, so 30 deaths. 70 to go on this round of seeds.
The black 'n' glue bifoliar plant is up and growing. First of that cross I've got round to trying.
Clones of my 2 keeper clones still aren't showing roots yet, so I can't put their mothers into flower yet.
I'll get some pics of the youngens not yet killed soon.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Quick pic drop, youngens later,

IMG-20210504-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20210504-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210504-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210504-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20210504-WA0003.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I would consider N as an issue. It's a big player in yield. Red stems extending in the leaf, but without the interveinal lightening of P. The yellowing towards the bottom of the plant. Good signs of N. Though there is a lot of mottling like P.

The tips and yellowing boarders might come from over feeding. The tips are very even across the plant from what I see.

You could try reducing the feed, but not the N. Perhaps with a grow food. If they crash, maybe it was P. Something looks hot though, so I wouldn't bump up everything together.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey mars, thanks, well very soon actually. I have two tents to set up, although I don't have the inline fans for them yet. So the plan is to sparsely populate both tents until I can get the fans at the end of may. I'll do a veg first and flower in the small one, when the veg is nearing its end I'll move some over to the bigger tent and flower in both at the same time, but with different lights. The smaller tent with the sp and the bigger tent with the ts. But the initial veg will be very soon. Probably around 7 days time. I'm just waiting for roots on cuttings

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey fe, yeah the feeding has been an issue lately. I'm using hesi nutes for the first time at the moment. I'm not sure they are ideal. I've used ionic in the past, and bio bizz. Loved the ionic but they don't last, not so into the bio bizz. I don't want a 2 bottle system, I don't really want to buy solo nutes either, I'd never get through them. I tried as you noticed, to up their feed a little, but upped it too much. They were yellowing so though it best, and burned them. Every tip got burned. I used to just go for a decent compost and add water with a little pk two weeks from the end, it worked out better for me. But my yields were always lower than others were posting. I thought I should try and catch up a little. I still need practice lol.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
My efforts have hardly been stellar recently. I have used a lot of solo stuff, to find that GH FloraNova Bloom might be the closest commercial feed to where I found myself. Which I'm happy to say is also single part like my usual Ionic. It's also so concentrated that people actually moan about it. With heaps of cal+mag and it listed for just about any substrate. Seems too good to be true, on the face of it. At 2.5ml per liter it's about the strength of Ionic at 7ml. 100N-88P-145K-70Ca-30Mg vs 100N-40P-180K-50Ca respectively(with ionic coco where P is reduced, but it's generally Ionic like) so you get Ionic, after some PK is added. Though Ionic has the Humic and Nova.. I dunno but it's thick and black. It's not a clean product.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Interesting, I'll take a look at it, thanks. Do you think that's enough cal mag or would you pick up a cal mag + bottle too ? Can always pick up a diamond nectar for the other

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Well time for an update on the little ones.
due to the number of pics needed, I'll do this in two posts.
I'll start with the next to flower, the clones, the source of the next clones I'm waiting to root, the standard hamlet and black ghash.
Plus's their baby unrooted clones ( I should have done these in one photo really)
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20210505-WA0005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.8 KB ID:	17849967
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20210505-WA0005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.8 KB ID:	17849967

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Seeds
the two remaining quads, one isn't so got topped out of desperation, and one is becoming fascinated. I got 1 more from the last 100 seeds, but its still a seedling and not really clear enough to photo. Its also in a different compost. I'm not happy with the quads. I may go back to my tris at this rate.
Then I have a black n glue seedling. Should be interesting, at least for me.
IMG-20210505-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210505-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20210505-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210505-WA0002.jpg

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
So, I think its day 40, time for me to start watching them closely. Here's today's look

IMG-20210508-WA0000.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Interesting, I'll take a look at it, thanks. Do you think that's enough cal mag or would you pick up a cal mag + bottle too ? Can always pick up a diamond nectar for the other

On their feeding charts, it shows using calmag on everything else they sell, but say the Nova is done. Personally, I'm in coco so must keep the cal+mag quite high. Coco is constantly vanishing down the plughole. As old stuff leaves it exposes new surface that grabs the cal+mag from my feed. At full dose the Nova would be enough (this is all science mind, not proven in my grow) However I'm just using a lower bottle dose, like I listed above. So I am using calmag, but only because of the coco. So far... so good. Only my old and washed coco showed deficiency signs, as it loaded up from my feed, making less available for the plants. It's actually very high in cal+mag when judged beside other feeds.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thanks f-e.

Ah mars, I wish the resolution here was higher, or the file size a little larger. That shot did look nice before I uploaded it.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Sorry mars, I'm not being a very good advocate for you. I have health issues that cause problems every now and then. I've been out of action since I was last on. I'll get things going again in the next few days, just not been able to do a thing in months. So, I'm dry, nothing in flower and unhappy. Still give it a bit and I'll have full tents.