What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sudanese landrace, dwarf African Sativa

ngakpa

Veteran
hi, I will reply in more detail. Difficult to respond to that, as it conflates a whole bunch of points.

Suffice to say, we've not seen Indica leaflets in the Sudanese, and we don't expect to either.

Not seen super wide leaves in Middle Eastern landraces either, including the Sinai.

Rembetis

Ngakpa, I have edited this response as well as others in this thread in order not to further take this thread off topic. I've given you my results, observations and personal experience. If you want to disregard that is your business

Good Day

Last edited:

ngakpa

Veteran
Not disregarding anything... what I wrote above literally says I was going to come back and reply in detail....

herblux

Hi guys, has anyone smoked these yet and can tell more about any day neutral traits? I.e. also happening with unrestricted root space during longer days?

Might give these a shot at 50°N to see what happens. Not extremely hopeful, but you never know...

Indoor, they look like other North African strains.... I'm curious about the effects of this strain .... it might make me want to buy some seeds

Mr. Stinky

I ordered a pack today. Will go straight in their own tote of dirt in the veg room under 24/7 1000w mh when they get here. Open pollination room with short term amnesia girls in there to catch pollen as well. Hopefully they are honest day neutral sativas

Last edited:

Rajas

Premium user
I'm on to the semi auto track, too. At least for a while...
It's pretty hard to say what semi auto means for cultivation.

- some say semi auto means pre flowers while light is still more than 12 hours
- semi auto growing nations do grow these and finish them with more than 12 hours of light
- some say semi auto plants (I've heard it with Beldias) flower also when there's water restriction
- are there light independent specimen within the semi/autos?

So at the moment I'm left with a lot of question growing these...
Can I grow them in pots like autos on 18/6?
Do I boost flowering by providing root restriction plus 12/12 in flower?
Do I start them with veg cycle or direct 12/12?

With zamal many people seem to rather complain about the semi auto traits than cherish them.
Some growers advice to plant Beldia late because they are to racy when they finish in late summer; but like that I see no use of the auto trait...

So... If there's any experience of you guys actually using these traits and how you put them into use, I'd really like to hear your outcomes!

Rembetis

Look at the light cycle in their place of origin for any of these type strains. As I tried to say before I had to edit everything out, they trigger right after the longest day of the year, June 20. Somewhere around 14 hours of daylight they will start. By early July they should be on their way. That should work for Lebanese Sinai and Moroccan since they are close in Latitude. Of course your individual growing conditions may change that, especially farther north where you wont hit that 14 hour cycle until its too cold for outdoor growers.

Indoors when I set my lights to July 4th equivalent light cycle in Lebanon I had vigorous flowering. Lebanon and Sinai arent very far apart. I grew them together and the Sinai responded the same as the Lebanese but you can fine tune a bit going with the Sinai light schedule for that one. If the Bango is truly tropical then you will have to go with more of the 12/12 from the beginning.

Last edited:

Rembetis

-

So at the moment I'm left with a lot of question growing these...
Can I grow them in pots like autos on 18/6?
Do I boost flowering by providing root restriction plus 12/12 in flower?
Do I start them with veg cycle or direct 12/12?

So... If there's any experience of you guys actually using these traits and how you put them into use, I'd really like to hear your outcomes!

I vegged them on 16/8 for the Sinai and Lebanese and then went to the 14 hour cycle as mentioned above.

I have questions myself about lights on this one since Bango is known from the Sinai on down to the Sudan.

Last edited:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Hmm, thinking about getting these to see if they are any similar to Ethiopian. I always suspected Eth to be somewhere between the middle east and tropical africa genetically.

Anyone with veg pics or a report?

MollyL

Hmm, thinking about getting these to see if they are any similar to Ethiopian. I always suspected Eth to be somewhere between the middle east and tropical africa genetically.

Anyone with veg pics or a report?

Hey, did you try them? It is similar to Ethiopian because I want to take it but I am afraid.

I will be pleasant to read your feedback about it.

Thomass1

That looks super nice, how would you describe the smell? As a ************* holder, I don't really experiment with different strings apart from when there is enough research and reports on the specific string and my doctor gives the approval. That being said, I'm super interested in everything that's going on in this domain in general and I try to be up to date with all the news and discoveries. I've read a few reports on this string and I really hope I'll get the chance to try it if it proves to be beneficial for my case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Firecityseeds

I grew out some seeds that were collected from bagseed in eilat , Israel. The weed there was mostly smuggled in through egypt. This was several years ago . Anyway it looked remarkably similar to these Sudanese plants. It wasn't very potent and there was really no market for it in my area here in the states. I did pollinate it with an alien tech and I never ran the seeds I made . Maybe ill pop some soon.

Rembetis

Your experience seems to confirm what I said about this strain. Seems to be more along the lines of a Hash strain like the Lebanese or Sinai. Buds on their own arent that great but the Hash is excellent. My Lebanese and Sinai dry sift are both very nice. I havent bothered growing out the seeds of this strain since I already have the other two but I will grow them at some point just to have another variant