What's new

Growing Ethiopian and Bangui Haze x Ethiopian

Carraxe

Veteran
I've planted some Ethiopians just to experiment this special high. I'll be posting some pictures here. There are also some Malawi x Panamá that came as freebies.

23 Ethiopian have sprouted out of 24. I wanted to select the best one, but I guess there are quite a lot for an easy job. Let´s see.

Cheers

ULMW

Melkam Men get! All the best with your grow. I have quite a bit of experience with Ethiopian landrace both in Addis Ave a and indoors.If I can be of any help, please let mi know. Expect BIG plants...There is an indoor grow of Ethiopian in my gallery too.
Happy Growing!!!

Carraxe

Veteran
Melkam Men get! All the best with your grow. I have quite a bit of experience with Ethiopian landrace both in Addis Ave a and indoors.If I can be of any help, please let mi know. Expect BIG plants...There is an indoor grow of Ethiopian in my gallery too.
Happy Growing!!!

I've had a look into your plants. They look very nice, but I think the plants we are growing are not the same. Do your plants come from ACE stock?

Thanks for your support

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Good luck mate! Ive wanted to see someone do this one for a while.. Im depressed i missed the 2x1 sale...
Hope you find that rare, and special 1 in 1,000 girl..
Are you gonna keep boys? Maybe try some pollen on 1 branch of MalawiPanama :) Or even label the branchs and hit some Ethiopian girls too ;)

Carraxe

Veteran
Yes, of course I'm keeping males. As much time as I need to pollinate my Mextiza, the plant I've been working with these years. I'll also pollinate some other extreme sativas I keep, I'm still seeking for my own Holy Grail and there is always fun in F1s.

Carraxe

Veteran
Not much to see yet. Extremely thin and long first leaves, they look real.

23 Ethiopian. The 6 plants in the bottom row are Malawi x Panamá.

Cheers

ULMW

I've had a look into your plants. They look very nice, but I think the plants we are growing are not the same. Do your plants come from ACE stock?

Thanks for your support

Greetings Carraxe,

Thanks for the reply and kind words.
Indeed the plants I grew were from seeds I harvested in Ethiopia Addis Abeba.
I then found Ace seeds and learnt from Dubi the parentage of the Ethiopians he has in his garden. Since then we have been both pursuing the Ethiopian lines. I grew Aces Ethiopian x Malawi fem cross and really enjoyed the added power coming from Malawi.
There are some nice journals on Ethiopian grows here that will help Identify which pheno you have. I find that when you get the one which produces really heavily and takes a full 14 wks to flower you will have a great Ethiopian example. The wheaty pheno is also common in Ethiopia
Has a unique spicyness like sagur kebe or a spice you find in an Addis Abeba market
I look forward to watch your grow unfold and grow! Happy Growing!

ULMW :)

Carraxe

Veteran
I couldn't resist the temptation and spent some more money in seeds. I just planted some from the limited edition ACE was offering. Bangi Haze x Ethiopian. I guess these will be faster and stronger than the original Ethiopian, but still uplifting, so I intend to take cuts and find a keeper.

It is a pity I can't change the title of the thread now to include the review of this cross.

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Carraxe :)

Glad to see your motivation to explore our pure Ethiopian release, i'm sure you will find interesting pure Ethiopian parental plants of your sativa taste and for your breeding projects.
Just make sure to plan your indoor space accordingly, because so many tropical sativa plants are going to request lots of space, especially when grown and flowered from seed.

You won't be disappointed with the Bangi Haze x Ethiopian limited edition, much easier, faster and better yielding than pure ethiopian,
she delivers one of my favorite sativa effects of the latest years.

I have requested the mods to change the thread title to include the Bangi Haze cross.
Good luck! ;)

Carraxe

Veteran
There they are. Bangi x Ethiopian are starting to sprout, and Ethiopians are growing quickly and they show a very sativish shape.

Cheers

Goodherb

The mystical land Ethiopia (TOBIYA).
No doubt, both Ethiopian, Ethiopian×Bangi(albeit, Congo/Nepal) strains, are heavenly bliss!

Sub mi in!?!

Carraxe

Veteran
These little plants in 1l pots are the Ethiopians (and 6 Panama Malawi freebies) after 5 weeks since I put them in soil. They look good and happy.

The ones in the bottom side of this picture picture are the Bangi Haze Ethiopian. Very dark and indica-like leaves and quite a lot of deformities. I guess this is a temporal issue. The ones in the upper side are Red Snake.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I've just pictured some of the Bangi Ethiopian. They do show a lot of color, and quite a lot of mutating growth. That's exactly what I would expect if I planted some old Blueberries. Very wide leaves, very dark in color.

I guess they'll behave normally in the next pair of leaves, let's see. Anyway I planted enough of them.

Later I'll take a picture of the pure Ethiopians.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Some pics of the Ethiopians. There are 23 of them and a cut from SSSDH that leaked there and is in the left bottom corner, with a label.

And these are the 6 Panama x Malawi I got as freebies. I can easily notice the hybrid vigor (heterosis). They grow faster than anything.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
As expected, the ugly specimens among Bangi Ethiopians have started to develop normal sprouts and leaves. Most of the plants look OK now.

The Ethiopians are growing well in their 1l pots. I don't know if I should flower them now and repot in a month or so. Or should I wait a couple of weeks and repot and send to flower the same day?

They can stretch too much, but they don't seem to be growing very fast. I guess that indoors environment is not their favorite place!

Let's see.
Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I planted both the Ethiopians and the Malawi Panama 7 weeks ago and I've just decided to flower them already to sort the males as soon as possible. I'm totally out of space, that's why.

They are still tiny, about 20 cm tall, and I've started to trim the tops of the taller ones. I find their growth very restrained under that spectrum (3500 ºK). It is lovely for vegetative, there are just some cm between plant nodes.

I think I've never put to flower such little plants. Let's see.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
These are the Bangi Haze x Ethopian. I can't believe they look so different to the Ethiopians. I suppose these wide dark leaves come from their Bangi Haze heritage. I've a got a lot of expectations on these seeds.

Some of them show real colors, as some of you could foresee. And I find that they don't grow much for what I usually get with these sativa leaning strains, according with their origins. I dind't expect that either, so I can say that this cross hides a lot of surprises.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts