What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Himalayan Ganjas Geurilla Grow In The Swamp

Hi i will be detailing my grow this year 2018. I will do about 40 swamp tubes, 10 in ground at the edge of the swamp. maybe some more else where where water must be hauled in weekly. some will be in holes some in grow bags.

I will be taking clones from DNA LEMON SKUNK and KC BRAINS LEDA UNO. there will be some other strains as well from OASEEDS BULK SEEDS.

I will also show how i prepare a free potting soil from the forest and grassland directly on site at the grow spot.

i will put pics of my swamp tube prep soon.

see yal soon

I collect the top soil from the base of large temperate leaf trees that are in the forest next to my swamp. this top soil is the same texture as the cheap potting soil that i can buy at the hardware store here. plus it has the microbial life in it thats naturally present in the forest floor. if i find sand out there in the woods i add that to this as well.

I like to dedicate the first few months of preparation to simply gathering my materials. that means i spend many site visits entirely on gathering my soil. i can gather or harvest 100 gallons of this topsoil in one hour. i am aiming at gathering a total of 80 bags of this collected Soil each with 40 - 50 LITERS OF SOIL; so i go in spend 2 hours collecting soil and amendments, then when i am done a and ready to go home i hide the bags of soil in thick under brush IN A PLACE NEAR THE ACTUAL SPOT WHERE I WILL BE PUTTING MY PLANTERS; so that in march when i com back to set up the bulk of my swamptubes, my soil will be right where i need it to be, laying there waiting for me

the grow site is in a very MEDITERANIAN climate, the place is actually in the mediteranian, southern europe. the grow season here is from may till mid november. summers are extremely dry and very hot. irrigation of some sort is obligatory. this summer 2017 no rain from may till december. so good for avoiding mold, but must haul water weekly. thats why i am OBSESSED with swamp growing. Luckily for all guerilla growers, every year Nature gives us another chance to make a difference, to do it big, to break even, to pay the mortgage, to wup sum aars!

Koondense

Veteran
Hi,
so you won't grow Himalayan genetics in your spot?
Shame, the title got me interested but all went down with lemon skunk :/
Leda uno is interesting though. Any more info on the clone?
I think you should also include true Himalayan plants in your spot, check out the Real Seed company's himalayan and other seeds from different places.

Cheers

i would like to do some test runs on himalayan plants, ut i dont have the luxury to do that. for me every plant has to count, and himalayan plants are originally bred for hash making not buds. If i were in a place that was legal, i wold do only landraces giving them time and care and selective breeding and all dat. i am also a respecter of original ganja from its native home. i would love to one day grow columbian gold and thai.

Hi,
so you won't grow Himalayan genetics in your spot?
Shame, the title got me interested but all went down with lemon skunk :/
Leda uno is interesting though. Any more info on the clone?
I think you should also include true Himalayan plants in your spot, check out the Real Seed company's himalayan and other seeds from different places.

Cheers

haha i now that lemon skunk sounds so stereotype and boring doesnt it!!!

I am still digging holes. trying to have as many as possible before march.

i will have one site in the swamp and 4 sites in the mountains near streams

i have been considering using 1000 gallon plastic kids pools for reservoirs. i will set the pool up before summer so as to fill it up with the aboundant water available in the mountain streams. in the summer most of these streams dry up. so i am considering to stock up on water in the winter. this seem to me to be a solid way to guarantee enough water for the season.

these pools are super cheap. 40 DOLLARS for a 1000 gallon reservoir, that is totaly collapsible and portable; i will put it in my back pack and hike it out there.

for watering i will have a 12 v pump that does 1O gallons per minute and can lift water 30 feet up to the plants from the pool reservoir down next to the stream. the stream has 5 deep pools, which are located a few feet from my site. so when the stream starts to dry up, the pools will hold water for a few months after the stream stops flowing. this will also be another source of water for me. last year i watered once a week and still every time i came to water they were completely wilted but would bounce back as soon they got watered but for sure i would have had atleast twice as much yield if the plants had got more water.

Wolfshadoe

HG..
Can you dig? To stay up with the receeding swamps?..I know it must DRY up pretty good over there,but if you start as the water goes down can you still get to water say>>On the dry side?..I see you got the tools..My swamps dry up also but I start digging{at angel}Not straight down as the water dries up to access the water under ground..You can hide that dirt better than you can hide a 1000 gal blue kiddy pool I would think. That sounds like a lot of work. when a GG'er can go a easier way in the bush is always a plus..
Don't know your situation,but I would figure how to get to that water!!
Good Luck!! <ws>

hi wolfshado thanks for taking interest. i am doing some in the swamp and another few plots up in a deep mountain ravine. these pathces will be on the sides of the ravine slopes on naturally occuring terraces. this limits the human traffic since its a little dangerouse and definately exhausting to clim down the sides of the ravine to get to the plot. the kiddy pool was for this area so i can store the water that flows in the stream. some years it dries up, some years not. in the winter there is so much water everywhere, and i wanted to take advantage of that abndance with the pool as a storage for the dry months of summer.

you are right that its going to stand out.
i am strongly considering to dig some 200 gallong holes lined with plastic to store water instead of the pool. these holes can be dug right next to the stream so to facilitate filling them up easily by digging a small diversion channel from the stream directly to my hole. they would be more like small man made ponds dotting the side of the stream. this area is shaded always thus minimal evaporation.

if i do go with the pool, i will definately document it well since i think that for those who are searching for a portable water reservoir that can e hauled in to the bush discretely, in a backpack, these pools are definately the cheapest option. 1000 GALLON FOR 50 BUCKS

Last edited:
i plan to dig waterholes or ponds or whatever one may call them, all along this tream in random spots. normally they would look naturally occuring and not draw attention. any way this vally is 30minutes walk from my back door! i luv it! so no getting busted haulling harvest home. and to get to the vally one must walk up steep trails, very exhauting and not appealing to a person who has no specific reason to go up there. i would never go through the trouble of clibing up there if it wasnt to do my patch. normal cars or jeeps cannot get there. only forest department special mountain vehicles can drive on these trails.

where i live the onlypeople that might venture deep into the woods and mountains, are hunters. here 90 percent of hunters are elderly gentlemen, retired men. these people mostly prefer to hunt in convenient spots where they can acces by their own car then walk abit into the brush on a horizontal trail. most of them will not wish to lug their aging bodies through difficult terrain.

this pools is thousand gallons and ery cheap to buy. i am ery much considering to use this to have a reserve of water in the case that the strem runs dry in july

yes sir camo over the pool. it could be spray painted, or painted y hand a nice brown/green camo. or throw brown tarp over it then place branches, leaves and rock ontop so it just loos like a slight rise in the forest floor. if i use it i will place the pool down in a deep ravine next to the stream that will provide water to fill it. i could even have the stream flowing a constant supply into the pool thus keeping it always full. then dip my pipe in the pool and pump the water up the slopes to the plants. i want to make waterholes next to the river and have the pool as well. that way by gals will get the water they deserve for sure, till the end of the season. why must i thin of all this? where i lie there are soooo many cool spots i can plant at, all withing walking distance from my back door. my house is litterally at the foot of the mountains, the last row of houses in the village. so tyeah i walk to my sites. cars+cannabis=busted!