What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kerala Landrace info

window

Veteran
picture.php

Pretty much there, so time to chop.:woohoo:
picture.php

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Nice looking girl... how long has she been flowering? still plenty of white hairs.

Cheers.

window

Veteran
15 weeks, a little early maybe but white pistils just at the top of flowers and the rest are shrivelled.
This was just an experimental run to see if I could grow her indoors, next time after the stretch I will transplant to a bigger pot with a better nutrient mix as I think she was a little hungry through the grow.
Trichs are cloudy so will see how the high is when dry.

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola window,

Looks like it may be over fertilization effects, if you think that is possible then flush the soil with water:) Sativas are gentle feeders and easy to burn with nutrients!

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

Can any of you sativa growers help me with what is going on with these leaves curling upwards at the ends?
View Image
Is it just nitrogen migrating from the leaves or something else? Lack of K perhaps?
Maybe a slight over/under feed? I'm stumped.

window

Veteran
Hola RC, thanks for the tip, I will keep that in mind next time I grow these and other narrow leaves.
Still learning with these landraces and appreciate the tips.
picture.php

picture.php

waveguide

Veteran
wonder of wonders.. i'd made seedsman indian haze f1s in 2013, great weed but only one of the plants was gender stable. i know someone is going to be working with those beans and i wish them luck.

..just checked a "backup" refrigerated stock i keep and discovered i still have four of the IH still in the package... :D thought i had one or two, but not four.. i'm due a sat run sometime this year so there's another chance at stabilising them :D

happy day kerala afficionados!

window

Veteran
Good luck with your Indian hazes Waveguide and hope they are stable and do not herm on ya'.
It's a real shame they are so hermy prone as they are fantastic plants with a better yield than either Kerala or haze.
I had a bit of luck last weekend, I found a head shop on the internet advertising some older Seedsman stock and as it was not too far from where I live I decided to take a trip to see what they had.
When I got there the owner told me his stock was low but pulled out a small box to show me...most of it was stock they still offer now, in the new plastic case packaging but there was two in the original packets, I grabbed them both.....
Original Haze and Indian Skunk ( Kerala x Skunk ).:woohoo:

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew a Kerala x skunk (indian skunk) outdoors at a northern lattitude last year :)
Was far too late for my climate but was a real monster of a plant,8-10 ft easy.
I only managed to salvage a load of premature air bud but im glad i grew her,she was a beautiful plant. Ill try find some pics and edit later.
:respect:

I've seen some nice bud from that one while doing research. Sounds like you would need a truck to haul it off. What latitude did you grow them at. Thanks!

RF

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Siever, no, no effort at all, herb was scored from a newsagents, lol.
He just asked around and people kept saying the name of the shop and he found it on his first day there.
I believe that the real seed company have genuine keralan, Thule mentioned that they look pretty much like mine, you should grab 'em.

Does the RSC still offer seeds? I was turned off because the guy will not share with U.S. growers. Last time I looked at other places nothing was in stock.

In my youth I traveled a lot over seas, and was able to make a lot of connections. The key is to not be afraid when traveling. Try and meet people in the smaller towns in Ganja growing areas and you will be sure to find what you are looking for.

I've never been to India, but I know people that have been there; it can be a huge shock to your senses. I've had friends that have refused job posting there, but I would love to go!

RF

Siever

Veteran
Does the RSC still offer seeds? I was turned off because the guy will not share with U.S. growers. Last time I looked at other places nothing was in stock.

In my youth I traveled a lot over seas, and was able to make a lot of connections. The key is to not be afraid when traveling. Try and meet people in the smaller towns in Ganja growing areas and you will be sure to find what you are looking for.

I've never been to India, but I know people that have been there; it can be a huge shock to your senses. I've had friends that have refused job posting there, but I would love to go!

RF

What ganja growing regions would you advice to go to?

Siever

window

Veteran
Hi RF, no R.S.C do not offer Kerala anymore but you might find some if you search some U.K seed sellers but its as you say, some don't like to send to the states.
Well, it needs curing but I've recently smoked some and wow what a smoke it is all ready...incredibly clear, up high energy that lasts for hours.:woohoo:
I felt it in my eyes from the very first toke but it slowly builds and you don't feel the full affects till you have finished the joint, a real super sativa high that can only get better with a cure, I'm very happy with this.:biggrin:
Ground bud releases lemon/lime terps that I hope will get stronger.
Smokes a little hot but the cure should mellow that a bit and hopefully add some character to the taste.
picture.php

Lesnah

I wish I had picked this up all the times I kept bumping into it when searching varieties. tisk tisk.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Phenomenal... Seriously.

Maybe next time run two clones - one in mix with more food than this run, one in a mix with less food than this one

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola window,

Sorry if you had already mentioned this but are your seeds pure and from what source?

I grew a few Kerala from RSC last summer and may have bought up their remaining seed stock based on the results...just as you described. LOL! Should also mention that mine were outdoors during flowering all except for the last 3 weeks due to inclement weather. The goldening/browning of the inner calyxes occurred on mine after bringing them indoors, which I believe to be an indicator that a light bulb just doesn't cut it for these girls! Will do a seed run of these in another year and I agree with you that it is surprising more people do not give Indian ganja due credit.

All the Best and great Thread!

RC_Colas

Hi RF, no R.S.C do not offer Kerala anymore but you might find some if you search some U.K seed sellers but its as you say, some don't like to send to the states.
Well, it needs curing but I've recently smoked some and wow what a smoke it is all ready...incredibly clear, up high energy that lasts for hours.:woohoo:
I felt it in my eyes from the very first toke but it slowly builds and you don't feel the full affects till you have finished the joint, a real super sativa high that can only get better with a cure, I'm very happy with this.:biggrin:
Ground bud releases lemon/lime terps that I hope will get stronger.
Smokes a little hot but the cure should mellow that a bit and hopefully add some character to the taste.
View Image

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Hola window,

Sorry if you had already mentioned this but are your seeds pure and from what source?

I grew a few Kerala from RSC last summer and may have bought up their remaining seed stock based on the results...

So it was you! :laughing: I always seem to be a day late or dollar short when I'm trying to get their stock. Fortunately I found a pack from h-e-m-c-y, unfortunately they seem to be from the very first stock they had, slightly different phenotype and a low success rate in germinating.. the seeds pop but they need all the help you can give em after that, I ended up with only one plant which I managed to multiply thanks to modern cloning technologies.. I'd still love to find another one to make seeds with.