What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaiian Sativas

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Love this thread and info, when i was a kid my dad had a residence at the Whaler in Lahinia. and I spent alot of time surfing, getting high and I do remember the strawberry guava, one called silver sword (or something close) and a three graves Haze also called three kings haze. use to get it from a cook at Longies. I also remember one just called Puna or Puna Thai, I saw Sirsmokesalot mention a 100+ day strain he had called PunaBomb - is this the same strain I remember?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I worked at Whalers market place at 3 different resturants in 1977. Chateau Du Loup, Casa De Grillo, and The ShipsWheel. I went home to Cali with more money then I left with. And lots of buds too

I worked at Whalers market place at 3 different resturants in 1977. Chateau Du Loup, Casa De Grillo, and The ShipsWheel. I went home to Cali with more money then I left with. And lots of buds too

was "SHipswheel on the beach at Kaanapalii? I remember going to a resturant there were my buddy was waiter. It was a cook your own kinda deal. So we'd wait for his signal....then hop over the metal chain and quickly into a table. Our waiter friend would then come take our order. Basically we'd eat for free minus a tip to waiter/friend in the end. I had several eateries on Maui where I could eat for free. The bennies of being a surfer in the resturant industry. I think my old girlfriend worked there to in about 75 or so.
I'll never forget my friend Gary "sharkey" aka "Arnold Gross"(named after ugly surf style). He was a master of the blues harp, and often played in Kaanapalii with Les Pott's group 'Space Patrol'. Well Gary as usual was playing that night with Space Patrol when I asked Less if my friend could sit in on a few songs with his group and Gary...no problem was the reply! Out popped Bill Spooner, he was on Maui for his wedding. We both have mutual friends, and that's how we hooked up. Bill Spooner by the way was the lead guitar player for a group called the 'Tubes'. Anybody remember "White Punks on Dope"? That was one of two of their hits in the early days of MTV. Shit I use to work for Jon McVie on Maui, bass player for Fleetwood Mac. Maui offered so much opportunity to rub elbows with 'rockstars in paradise'. I've got soooo many stories from back then.

okay, a buddy of mine on another island just sent me some seeds called 'Hawaiian Timewarp'. He got it from people who have been growing this strain over 20 years. Anybody know anything about it?
I ask because I'm gonna be moving soon, and must take that into serious consideration. I live right near the ocean. Close enough to hear the waves nightly. Great if I was still surfing full-time. But I'm not, these days I'm growing full-time. Don't get me wrong, I truly lucky to be living anywhere in Hawaii. But living this close to the ocean has played havoc on my mind & plants for almost 5 yrs. So I'm packing it in and moving locations. Moving closer to the volcano,weather more like Emerald Triangle during summer. Almost perfect outdoor growing weather. Some would argue the best in the world. Moving away from the ocean climate, my plants will greatly benefit from this. Where I'm at now is a subdivision called 'Hawaiian Paradise Park'. I'll admit, in a perfect world this place would rock. But it's not a perfect world is it? As a matter of fact it's rather far from a perfect world. Mealy Bugs were off the chart here. But you can hardly find any in 'Hawaiian Acres'. My biggest problem there will be Powdery Mildew,...oh yeah...greenharvest too!

So i'll probably wait until I move before I sprout my 'Hawaiian Timewarps'. I don't need my hands more full. I already have some good cali genetics going right now(Trainwreck X Bubba Kush ,and Trainwreck X OG Kush X 707) Plus I have on deck more Trainwreck X Afghooey, and Trainwreck X Twisted sister waiting to sprout upon my move. Plus my own 'Ultra Cheese'(Mk-Ultra X Cheese). At that point I'll decide who grows outdoors, and who stays.
So if any of you have any info on 'Hawaiian Timewarp',...i'm all ears.

mahalo

nachilloo

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello oldhaole and all, great threat , thanks for the info about the Hawaiians , i am really curious about them.. thanks 4 sharing..
Peace
N

oldhaole

Veteran
Hawaiian....You mention Green Harvest. Do they still let you have 21 on private land, or are they comming down and taking all non medical grows?

Hawaiian....You mention Green Harvest. Do they still let you have 21 on private land, or are they comming down and taking all non medical grows?

actually Big Island County is the only county in Hawaii to allow 24 plants to the medical patient. That is because of 'Friendly Sky InItiative'. All other counties patients are only allowed 7 plants only.
But you must have a card in order to grow 24 plants

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
You might want to check your facts.

You might want to check your facts.

actually Big Island County is the only county in Hawaii to allow 24 plants to the medical patient. That is because of 'Friendly Sky InItiative'. All other counties patients are only allowed 7 plants only.
But you must have a card in order to grow 24 plants

You're talkin' about 2 different things here brah.

Legally, a B. I. license is no different than the rest of Hawaii.
7 plants per care giver. 2 rec.s per address.

The 24 plant limit is an arbitrary number and is the stated limit
for interdiction from the air.
In other words, the choppers say they will not bother with grows of under 24 plants.
As far as I know, that is not a legal protection.
I'd want official documentation, right on my recommendation, of that limit, before I grow more than 7 at a time.

More than that, and the letter of the law says felony!

If I'm in error here, please cite your source.
I could not find "friendly sky initiative" in Hawaiian state law.

Good thing 7 plants is more than enough for my needs, yah?.:)

Aloha,
Wee, likes to be free, 'zard

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Hawaii does not recognize, or honor Ca. recommendations

Hawaii does not recognize, or honor Ca. recommendations

Have they got dispensories that will sell to me with my California med recommendation?

Sorry, no got!

There was a recent House Bill to allow dispensaries state-wide.

It got modified to a single dispensary, on Maui, as a "test". WTF.

Then, it failed to pass, I think.

Kinda lost interest when they started messing with it.

Doubt that you'll have any trouble finding meds though.
This is a very friendly place.

Alo Ha,
Weeze

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Yeah, I lived there in 1977, on Maui.

Someone asked where i worked at. Three resturants in Whalers market place, next door to the Lahaina shores hotel, on Front street, Lahaina Maui.. Ive been back in 1984 and 1989, but not since. I took RedLeb Afghani with me last time, and the locals went wild over it. They couldnt believe I had better weed then they did. The quality in 77 was top notch! In 89 they were pedling immature bud with the Maui name. I smoked them royal. Were talking some big big Hawaiians, totally wasted on California weed. LOL

You're talkin' about 2 different things here brah.

Legally, a B. I. license is no different than the rest of Hawaii.
7 plants per care giver. 2 rec.s per address.

The 24 plant limit is an arbitrary number and is the stated limit
for interdiction from the air.
In other words, the choppers say they will not bother with grows of under 24 plants.
As far as I know, that is not a legal protection.
I'd want official documentation, right on my recommendation, of that limit, before I grow more than 7 at a time.

More than that, and the letter of the law says felony!

If I'm in error here, please cite your source.
I could not find "friendly sky initiative" in Hawaiian state law.

Good thing 7 plants is more than enough for my needs, yah?.:)

Aloha,
Wee, likes to be free, 'zard

that is only if you take the view of the 50th state police force. We even have law suits going now from the last flyover/radication Hawaii County did. Seems that Hawaii county used cops from other counties, Oahu ,Maui, so on and, so forth. In our eyes ,even that is not playing fair. Sure I understand federal laws, and that they supercede local laws. But We the people of the Big Island passed an Initiative here. It was making cannabis a low priority. Though local police have shown they don't wanna play ball. It has become obvious in reccent months that someone has had a talk with local police.
During last "Greenharvest" ops in Puna you could listen to 70% of conversation during operation through one's iPhone. Me and my partner heard time and time again communication between helicopter and vans on the ground that day say over and over again, "no that's a legal medical garden. Do not bother it! They are allowed to have 24 plants! It's a county Initiative, feds don't have to honor it,...but state must do so. That's how we roll on the Big Island, oh and our Mayor supports it too!

http://peacefulskyalliance.com/

Before our lawmakers got scared. It was planned for the Big Island to have six dispensaries alone! But then the shit hit the fan! I believe State Sen. Kalani English purposed the pilot program for Maui because he had his palms greased by some deep pockets..then the shit hit the fan. Sen. Green of Big Island pulls a total 180 because he fear the feds. But says he's uncomfortable with all the medical patients on Big Island and their age group,. He single handlyderailed the bills once again for another year! % yr. Pilot program my ass! No need, Cali, Colorado, Michigan have all shown it works. God, this shit pisses me off!

How can anyone be happy with 7 plants? I don't care if you have the greenist thumb on earth. Nobody can truly be happy with this setup(cannabis bill)?

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
"that is only if you take the view of the 50th state police force."

Well Duh!
That is a prudent view to take all things considered.

"Though local police have shown they don't wanna play ball."

You mean the folks with the power to incarcerate you and fuck up your life just by following the letter of the law?

And Billy can talk out either side of his mouth, I've heard him in person.
Don't mean shit unless he's payin' for my lawyer, yah?

I'm, jus' sayin'. I'm more than happy with 7 plants.
If you do it right, 3 mature plants will support very heavy medication for 4 people.
I do not sell my meds, so I have a surplus and I only have 6 ladies in my cage.
Will have to cut it back to 4 cause I hate to throw good bud out.

Bad advice is one thing. But that kine bad advice can cause major grief.

Aloha and play safe,
Weeze

okay, I'd like to update a little from the last time I posted here. About three weeks ago, maybe longer the FEDS did their routine "BS" eradiction flyover . Once again they did not bother anybody with 24 plants that was legal.

OldHaole, I just wanna say brah you are growing some means sativas on Maui my brother. By the way, I wonder if our paths have ever crossed there? How many years you been on Maui? If you were therein the 70's there is a good chance our paths crossed somewhere there. I use to go to some mean parties at homes of growers back then....good memories too!
Hey, how did your Elephant turn out? One thing I have never forgotten, was the taste of Elephant. It had this taste of juniper, that I'll never forget.

Brah, just keep up the good work!

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What about Kauai Electric? This is supposed to be an old sativa.

I'm really interested in Spice. Anyone grown this one lately?

Thanks!

R.Fortune

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Wholly shite!

Wholly shite!

Here's a WTF for ya!

"
Growing most potent strains of marijuana is now a crime again under newly enacted county ordinances on Kauai and the Big Island. If Maui County follows suit and passes a proposed ordinance modeled on the Kauai law, marijuana growers will be subject to stiff new penalties there as well. "

http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/Arti...na-Plants-A-Guide-for-Police-Departments.aspx

Can't wait to see what comes of this.

Aloha,
Weeze

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

[YOUTUBEIF]OrXbppmuFRo[/YOUTUBEIF]