What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

socal master kush ?s

Grizz

Veteran
i have ran her and the bubba side by side now for a couple years, in veg you cant tell them apart, or i cant anyway, as to veg to me the grow the same , yield is close also, if i had to just keep one it would be the master.

Desert Dan

Veteran
Thanks for your input Josey... Its funny that all the hype surrounds the bubba, but so far almost everyone has said they would rather keep the master around if forced to choose between the two.

DD

relic1981

Veteran
Bump... Thoughts on this strain? Worth picking up? Already have the pre 98 bubba, but heard that this is the indica stoner with nag champa incencse flavor. Thanks.

DD

Socal master kush came out of a pack of sensi seeds and is Hindu kushx Hindu kush. It is what I call the mother of Bubba and is the best indicated kush around. Its way better than Bubba and I think it is actually the mom used in Bubba. It has it all, flavour, taste, potency, great medicinal effects for pain, insomnia, anxiety and much more. Def worth grzbing a cut if u can. Its getting harder to find but you will know it if you got the real deal. Supreme kush tastealmost fuely, lemony and earthy. I don't get nag champs but I think its a good thing it doesn't taste like incence and I like nag champs.

relic1981

Veteran
I agree.. There must be some Affie in there somewhere.. She vegs a bit quicker if you plop her in some coco. In soil, yeah extremely slow vegger. I have noticed though, even in soil. If you can get the temps in the low 80's she will veg pretty quick.

Lol. Its pure affie! All the way. Probably the best representation of a pure stabalized affie. Cut only though, no seeds. You may find something like it in S's master lush packs or of la affie seeds or crosses like la confidential or better yet aficianado seeds 78 la of affie. Beets Bubba any day and yeilds better. Better bag appeal and just better all around. Flavor, potency, effects.. fire

soopy

Veteran
Word, it's an amazing cut...I'm surprised there aren't more grows of the S1's that are still available. I've had it, and lost it, twice now. Doh! I did make a few SCMK x Gogis I need to look through...

RckyMtRdnk

Who made S1s? When? I was thinking of doing the same thing, honestly. Just for me, so I can experiment on her. There's gotta be something cool in some S1s if I spend enough time going through them.

ForTheLove

Veteran
I just got a cut to CO smuggled all the way from SoCal. Pretty happy!

Shweeet grab their RckyMtdnk.....Keep us informed as to how she goes for you & dont forget the pics;)

I've been interested in the socal master kush for some time. Ive previously looked into some scmk S1 offering from Pieces genetics. i also got a pk of bodhi's angels milk which is la affie cross - which i thought is a strong possibility the 2 are genetically very close?

PLR&£

soopy

Veteran
Yup, Pieces has/had S1's at a few spots. I was tempted for sure. I have the LAPK, the Suge/Bubba one and she is different than the SCMK for sure. I've always had the impression that the SCMK was like the missing link between Bubba/Affies and OG. It has enough of the qualities from both those lines, just in a more "raw" way. Nothing subtle about it, straight up dank!

One of the best highs too, imo. Up there with Face Off OG and Adubb...

RckyMtRdnk

The plants I saw growing where I got my cut out in Cali were just off the charts in my opinion. Shes a real beauty. This guys house stunk so bad/good. Waited a couple days to drive back. I don't know if the smell was just stuck in my nose or on my skin or what but I didn't feel comfortable trying to drive back until I had showered like ten times and febreezed the crap outta myself and just trashed the clothes I was wearin when I went and picked her up. Needless to say, it was still a stinky ride home, white knuckles all the way... I still don't know if it was just in my nose or what. I couldn't shake the stink. The CO border never looked so awesome ever!

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i love the minty smell of the stem in veg.
the buds when burned smell like catholic church.
yummy.
wish she was mold and rot resistant.... not everything that comes to Maui makes it on Maui. unfortunately.
Great pot to smoke great hash to taste fucking winner winner chicken dinner.

I did cross the scmk with Plan B's Black Indica, and am searching thru the F2 generation of the cross before taking the next step to F3. I am most excited about a SCMK looking male I found in the F2s - which is exactly what I was hoping to find... a male version of the grandma!!!! Short and tight nodes with the smell. He is getting 24/0 light and will be used on a few things once he comes to size and I have some clips of him rooted.

Its not exactly the So Cal Master Kush though....
Hope I wasn't taking the thread off topic.

aloha

RckyMtRdnk

I bet you're excited! sounds like a winner! I don't really think this thread has a real direction anymore. Kinda old until today....

soopy

Veteran
i love the minty smell of the stem in veg.
the buds when burned smell like catholic church.
yummy.
wish she was mold and rot resistant.... not everything that comes to Maui makes it on Maui. unfortunately.
Great pot to smoke great hash to taste fucking winner winner chicken dinner.

I did cross the scmk with Plan B's Black Indica, and am searching thru the F2 generation of the cross before taking the next step to F3. I am most excited about a SCMK looking male I found in the F2s - which is exactly what I was hoping to find... a male version of the grandma!!!! Short and tight nodes with the smell. He is getting 24/0 light and will be used on a few things once he comes to size and I have some clips of him rooted.

Its not exactly the So Cal Master Kush though....
Hope I wasn't taking the thread off topic.

aloha

That male sounds awesome! That's exactly what I'm going to try and pull of with my SCMK x Gogis...I'm sure the MK phenos will be easier to pick out. Best of luck mang....

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the kind words RckyMtnRdnk

soppy! hey man charge!!!! find some good yogi dudes and get at that scmk gal!
i can imagine a little gogi yumminess with the scmk action.... A FUCKING GOOD THING!
when you get to f2 the scmk leaners will stick out. at least for me with how/what I am working with they have. i like your style homie

RckyMtRdnk

The possibilities are endless. I'm wanting to make several crosses with her. Just seems like a solid genetic to throw into the mix. What kind of different phenos would come out in an S1? I have yet to try and reverse anything. Never wanted to. Until now. I just think it would be a good tool to have in the toolbox when trying to create something new from a clone only strain. I also think throwing a quality sativa at her will improve the kinda sub par structure I have seen with the SCMK after a few generations of selection. I can't wait to play!

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Here is some just pau grown in a gh Aloha DB
008 (1022x1024).jpg

007 (1024x1024).jpg

005 (1024x1024).jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts