What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the story behind the strain Pollyanna???

E

elmanito

I'm still curious what the lineage is from the strain Pollyanna, especially which Mexican strain is used or is it only an early Mexican strain.

Any more info would be welcome.:blowbubbles:

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I would love to know something more about this strain too...

I was looking also for info about another classic plant, the Big Sur sativa, and I've found it was a Zacatecas purple strain cultivated and adapted to California.

peace.

48N

I'm still curious what the lineage is from the strain Pollyanna, especially which Mexican strain is used or is it only an early Mexican strain.

Any more info would be welcome.
blowbubbles.gif

Namaste
plant%20grow.gif
canabis.gif

I would love to know something more about this strain too...

I was looking also for info about another classic plant, the Big Sur sativa, and I've found it was a Zacatecas purple strain cultivated and adapted to California.

peace..

7 years later... do you know more about it?

Last edited:

Zitz

LOL... sure, Pollyanna was a stabilized early maturing Colombian X Mexican NLD hybrid from the Sierra foothills, according to Robert Clarke.

He also crossed Early Girl X Pollyanna in order to create Early Pearl. Being the Early Girl a Mexican X Afghan hybrid from coastal NorCal.

:tiphat:

You just made Early Pearl sound really good (goes to look up smoke reports) :)

Pollypak

Pollyanna was crossed to a pakistani hash plant to create PollyPak (makes sense, right?), a variety sold in the 80's by Neville's Seed Bank.
Sensi's Mexican Sativa looks likely to be a Pollypak (Pollyanna x Pakistani) x Durban, according to their description.

archaicatoms

Not that i know of.Some say it could be even Early Girl what was given by Robert
, since the effect is very mellow.

Delicatessen kind of hyped it as a powerful sativa in their strain description. But, when I search for smoke reports it seems First Lady gets touted more as a mellow strain, old school kind bud. Early girl and Early Pearl have some autoflowering tendencies when slightly root bound. Does First Lady? The flower time fits the Mexican description. But, that could be due to selection... IDk, Mustafunk speculated that it could be Pollyanna awhile back. I wonder what his thoughts were?

Koondense

Veteran
From which source did you have the info its a pure Mexican?

First lady description:
Genetics: Mexican pure (Inbread)
`Ancestral` pure Sativa that in the years 60-70 use to become the first crossings in the coast This of the U.S.A. First Lady comprises of this selection by the importance that marked and its incredible genetic contributions, with her you will be able to drisfrutar of colocón devastating and bouquet dulzón. `It is the Eva of the sativas`

Cheers

G

Pollyanna was crossed to a pakistani hash plant to create PollyPak (makes sense, right?), a variety sold in the 80's by Neville's Seed Bank.
Sensi's Mexican Sativa looks likely to be a Pollypak (Pollyanna x Pakistani) x Durban, according to their description.

Some sensi mex sativa from old seed stock picture from 3 weeks ago.

Attachments

• DSC00081.JPG
    DSC00081.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 50

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I have cultivated side by side the crosses jarilla x mexican and primera dama(first Lady), Primera dama has much wider leaves and a more compact growth than a classic Mexican... I think (but its just a personal opinion) it come from one of the first crosses with afghani of those day...
About mex. Sativa from sensi... probably i'm wrong but I think it is the old beatrix choice with a different name ...

Latest posts

Latest posts