What's new

Finish drying my bud in the freezer in my kitchen?!?

City Twin

Welcome 2000pm. Let us know how it goes.

Maybe Gil should start an "Official" Freezer Dry 'n' Cure Club to gather the faithful and the best ideas.

Sir Grow a lot

Im also joining the club in a couple of days :)

Tommorrow i am going to rip a bunch of plants.
The Masterplan looks like this:

1. Take down and trim the plants
2. Putting the buds into some boxes to dry for 2-7days.(depends on conditions)
3. Put the open boxes into the freezer for ~20 Days.
4. After the 20 days put it out of the freezer for 2-5 hours
5. Put in whatever jar for final storage.
6. Profit

Is that correctly and will lead to an outstanding result or did i miss something?

mojoman

I just got licensed, and my script is 34 outdoors...I have 33...;) ...mostly trainwreck along with a few unknown sativa's...was dreading this fall until I found this thread...guess I gotta start cleaning out the deepfreeze...last years was 1-1.5 lbs per after cure...is gonna be one helluva trim party...thanks folks...green mojo to you all!!!

mojo

Sir Grow a lot

Im also joining the club in a couple of days :)

Tommorrow i am going to rip a bunch of plants.
The Masterplan looks like this:

1. Take down and trim the plants
2. Putting the buds into some boxes to dry for 2-7days.(depends on conditions)
3. Put the open boxes into the freezer for ~20 Days.
4. After the 20 days put it out of the freezer for 2-5 hours
5. Put in whatever jar for final storage.
6. Profit

Is that correctly and will lead to an outstanding result or did i miss something?

So today was the day :)
After 5 days of drying the buds went into the freezer today!
I cant wait to smoke the buds, i really want to see the result because its the first time im using this method

2000pm

Just make sure you see where it is at when you jar up for the final storage. My first try was still sitting at 70% after a month in the freezer. Smokes great after burping down to low 60s but still need to figure out how to get it down without that. My second batch just went in today as well and I dried it a bit more than the previous attempt which I think will help.

I do appreciate how the freezer conditions really preserve the original scents, flavors and colors better than the jar method. It also seems to keep its shape better as well.

2000pm

You could leave them open for a long period and get them down in one swoop but it would be hard to pinpoint the stage they are at, so I like to gradually burp them down over a few days.

glockdoc

i will be harvesting soon and def. going to do this. been trying it with little test branches and wondered why no one did this then sure enough i find this thread. great sticky. while i was reading page after page i thought to myself..i should TRY something. i know i can go 3-4 days without watering my 3 plants that are in a grate..after a very nice flush i'll not water for 4-5 days let the plant use up some of the water in them; then hang dry for 3-4 days then straight into the freezer. fridge to sweat freezer to dry repeat?!?

glockdoc

just thought of something else that should work pretty good. should patent it make millions but when do u hear of a pot head that dont share. and more importantly money is the root of all evil and could go without it. (dont want to rant on about this so ill stick to the topic)

what if i took i shoe box that had window screen in it to suspend buds in the air. took a tubberware container with lid and filled it with water and froze it. when i go to put frozen buds in fridge to sweat i bring along the block of ice and place shoe box ontop of ice in tubberware. buds will de-freeze faster then the tubberware ice block causing all moister in box from buds to absorb in cardbord because the slightly warmer buds moister would be leached away because of the slightly colder block of ice.(condensation)
call me crazy but i think it will work so ill try it in 3-4 weeks.
would love to do it how nature does it and hangdry/water cure/ freeze/ then air dry but it does seem like a process that could get ugly fast.. might try it with no more then 2 grams LoL!

2000pm

Just pulled my second batch out after 26 days in the freezer to finish up the trim and see where they were at. They hit around 64% so I am going to jar them up and let them slowly wind down as I open them up and sample. Worked better this time for whatever reason (I think I hit a better level of moisture in the bud before it went into the freezer), and I was more hands-off with it than the first attempt. Everything looks and smells great.

Dinafem Sweet Deep Grapefruit
jv9YTuR.jpg

Cannaventure Diesel Fire (OG leaner)
cHmYUpv.jpg

I know some people express a fear about brittle/frozen trichomes falling off all over the place but this was something I have not experienced.

T

TOKA

just wana say what a great thread! im really looking forward to try this out. i would imagine a chest freezer would be ideal for this as you can hang the buds quite easily without having to use shoeboxes and whatnot. not sure how cheap they are in the states but im in the uk and picked a second hand one for £40 and could probably hang about half a kilo or more in it.

also im thinking about putting the buds into cvaults straight from the freezer. does anyone suggest otherwise or should this be ok?

TOKA

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just stumbled upon this thread!
Killer Info, thank you guys. Mainly JPG but also City Twin and the rest of the gang and all the others who contributed SOLID KNOWLEDGE and not just opinions since when this thread started more than two and a half years ago. Sorry for all the guys I forgot to thank.
Preparing my first round right now. I'll share my results, not that at this point it still needed confirmation from me ;-)
This is truly tailormade for my situation and I'm so glad I came across this thread.
Imagine no smell in the appartment ! Heureka!

all the best guys and keep g(r)oin' !

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
PSUAgro on another site, referred me to this. Cross pollination at its' best

I have tried this using a corrugated box.

I don't know how anyone can do a test cause I get high as fuck either way :laughing:

gamestwin

Just tried this two days ago with a few oz's ..Zero Depletion and Enhanced Aroma. .Might use this technique for good now..Thanks Dudes..

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all,
Finally my first go at this!

My NL and Jack Flash went into the freezer after 4 days of hang drying each.
Chopped, manicured and then hang dried that is.
Crisp on the outside still moist on the inside when they went in. I'm using a freezer at -20°C.
First check will be after 15 days in the frost.

I'll let you know how it turns out asap.

Chevy